Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Upgrade weapons or not?

Hey all,

So at the moment, I have every malevolent offpiece + weapon, and my set gear is still all honor.

Should I upgrade my weapon twice, or should I just continue to get more gear with my conquest?

Thanks in advance, Mitta.

pretty sure its point for point best pvp power you can get. i did it. but i was at 2248/2250 points for a piece. soo...
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

If you're a Warrior, i'd say yes. The weapon damage and PvP power is insane and you'll be 1shotting people with 2-3 stack HS's in no time

Deleted
    If you're a Warrior, i'd say yes. The weapon damage and PvP power is insane and you'll be 1shotting people with 2-3 stack HS's in no time
    Which is sooo cool.

I dont think anyone even read what you wrote. If you already have the mal weapon dont upgrade it twice or even once, right now Im at the item upgrade and you only gain under 50 stats first the first upgrade and I am assuming the 2nd upgrade will be around 50 more. You will gain way more pure stats from upgrading your honor gear to mal gear. One chest piece you can almost 400 stam and 300-400 other stats. Upgrading the mal weapon doesnt increase pvp power at all.

On the other hand upgrade all your honor gear with honor points except the next piece you plan to purchases with conquest, they give nice upgrades for only 1500 honor points.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    I think some people are overestimating tfb

hs with 3 stacks hits for 440% weapon damage + a small x. It is a tiny bit more than 390% weapon damage obliterate of death knights.

Obliterate is on the global cooldown right? You can't Obliterate and Frost Strike at the exact same moment, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post

hs with 3 stacks hits for 440% weapon damage + a small x. It is a tiny bit more than 390% weapon damage obliterate of death knights.
    warriors have better mobility then frost dks.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post

Just been testing with a friend, and 3 stack TfB is critting 200k+/- with all CDs up with t2 weapon fully upgraded. That's not overestimating, that's a ridiculous number to hit and 3 TfB isn't exactly rare.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Just been testing with a friend, and 3 stack TfB is critting 200k+/- with all CDs up with t2 weapon fully upgraded. That's not overestimating, that's a ridiculous number to hit and 3 TfB isn't exactly rare.
    I don't know if a good warrior can set up the conditions to global someone like that, meaning the opponent has no way to counter it like check mate.
    If for any odd reason cooldown blowing fails next reck is 5 minutes away. So while 3 TfB might not be rare - cooldown stacking is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by force18 View Post
    I dont think anyone even read what you wrote. If you already have the mal weapon dont upgrade it twice or even once, right now Im at the item upgrade and you only gain under 50 stats first the first upgrade and I am assuming the 2nd upgrade will be around 50 more. You will gain way more pure stats from upgrading your honor gear to mal gear. One chest piece you can almost 400 stam and 300-400 other stats. Upgrading the mal weapon doesnt increase pvp power at all.

On the other hand upgrade all your honor gear with honor points except the next piece you plan to purchases with conquest, they give nice upgrades for only 1500 honor points.
    I forgot all about my thread, but I upgraded my weapon twice, and it does increase pvp power. Also max and min weapon damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    I don't know if a good warrior can set up the conditions to global someone like that, meaning the opponent has no way to counter it like check mate.
    If for any odd reason cooldown blowing fails next reck is 5 minutes away. So while 3 TfB might not be rare - cooldown stacking is.
    I was going to say who in their right mind lets a full cd rolling warrior just hit you without some sort of retaliation or defense :^)
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by NPSlow View Post
    I was going to say who in their right mind lets a full cd rolling warrior just hit you without some sort of retaliation or defense :^)
    I assume after constant pressure you can make them spend their defensive cooldowns one by one, till there is none left! check mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    I assume after constant pressure you can make them spend their defensive cooldowns one by one, till there is none left! check mate!
    What defense can you use against that? Eating a mortal strike and a heroic strike in the same GCD, with another dps on you at the same time? Well, you could immunity it, opps its instant cast so no idea when it is coming. (could watch the stacks on the warrior, but will he build to 4? try for just 2? hard to know). Oh, maybe I can kite it? Hmm, warriors super mobile. Lost avatar OP, but still strong, not to mention people seem to think all these warriors are queuing by themselves and going 3v1.

When a single class can do over half your HP in a single GCD with no discernable cast or buildup and they have 1-2 other people assisting them what kind of defense do you think works against that? Counter pressure maybe? Oh, nvm warriors are the worst target on just about any team. LOL. Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    What defense can you use against that? Eating a mortal strike and a heroic strike in the same GCD, with another dps on you at the same time? Well, you could immunity it, opps its instant cast so no idea when it is coming. (could watch the stacks on the warrior, but will he build to 4? try for just 2? hard to know). Oh, maybe I can kite it? Hmm, warriors super mobile. Lost avatar OP, but still strong, not to mention people seem to think all these warriors are queuing by themselves and going 3v1.

When a single class can do over half your HP in a single GCD with no discernable cast or buildup and they have 1-2 other people assisting them what kind of defense do you think works against that? Counter pressure maybe? Oh, nvm warriors are the worst target on just about any team. LOL. Balance.
    Warriors can no longer build TfB stacks past 3 in instanced PVP according to the patch notes.

PvP power is increased by upgrading the weapons, and by a fair chunk. Definitely worth upgrading the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewwindeeps View Post
    Warriors can no longer build TfB stacks past 3 in instanced PVP according to the patch notes.
    3 stacks still really. fucking. hurts.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

How come it doesnt show that in the item upgrade window then? I have the 470 weapon and I didnt upgrade my weapon as it doesnt show it increases the pvp power. It shows an increase to everything else including pvp res, but not an increase to pvp power? What is a fair chunk? The first upgrade is showing +24 to pvp res and upto +50 for the secondary other stats, I dont see how that is much of an improvement compared to a full mal pvp piece that you might be missing? Without upgrading it gives 4770 pvp power and I am sitting at 12,423 pvp power. Maybe if it showed in the item upgrade window I would have changed my mind depending on how much of an upgrade it gives.

Tier 1 weapon has 4770 pvp power and 3506 dps (15151 top end). With 2 upgrades it has 5141 pvp power, 3778 dps and 16323 top end.

You'll upgrade it eventually anyway. So do it if you have points.