View Poll Results: will you partecipate in a class-action against Blizz for the missing improvements?

Voters
287. This poll is closed
  • Yes, i have been tricked to pay for content that wont be in game so i have to be refound

33 11.50%
  • no, even if i agree with the reasonig behind.

32 11.15%
  • no, i find we are ok as we are.

222 77.35%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Communication of upcoming improvements is not a legal contract.
    That is all.

(I play a WL and am a little disappointed as well, but that's just the way it is.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I'm kind of hoping that this was meant to be satire, or so.
    Me too. If not, then yeah, this got to be the pinnacle of idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    Yea, any lawyer will jump at the chance to go a round or two with Blizzards legal team and sue over "Y U NO GREEN FIRE?!?!". Stick with it kid, you're gonna go places!
    Again, it is not green fire, i do not really care about it, but more about the work the class should get and was totally postponed, and the possibility from the side of Blizz to talk, show, and suggest content they can totally negate without any reasoning, whyle taking subscription based, euala or not euala, on what ppl is tricked to believe to be aviable in short time.

You pay for access to the servers and your account and an undefined amount of new content. I expect in the EULA it says that what Blizzard says will be in the next patch is not a definite, but projected features. If this wasn't the case, don't you think everyone would have sued over the dance Studio? Heck, it's even advertised on the box!
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It wasn't just datamined, aside from parts being 'leaked' by Xelnath before he got himself sacked, it was also discussed in Q&As with other developers and I'm pretty sure there was a tweet by GC relating to it too.
    Hence why I said;
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    The only information we had about the questline prior to hearing that it was postponed was that "it existed"
    We knew there was a quest and Blizzard confirmed it, but the only reason anyone got excited was because:

Quote Originally Posted by Fallensaint View Post
    But that's not what happened at all with the warlock quest line. The quest was never officially advertised as a part of the content in 5.1. The quest's existence was acknowledge and commented on in Twitter comments and an interview, but there was never any definite confirmation that the quest line would ship with the patch. None of the quest's content was available to players at any time during the 5.1 PTR, and most of the visible objects and effects that existed were removed prior to 5.1's release (Jubeka's sigil on BT's gate, the Deathsworn friendly buff inside BT). As far as I am aware, the only remaining in-game ties to the quest (not counting Legacy of the Masters, which predates the quest) are the Horde and Alliance NPCs you were told to kill a few steps in the chain (Selenora and Helheim, respectively), but without context those NPCs are fairly insignificant flavor NPCs hanging out in their faction's base. The bulk of the information about the quest was gathered through dataminig.
    Content always shifts and it will do so especially if it is quest content available only to less than a tenth of the playerbase. I would certainly have loved to have been able to do this in 5.1 but most of the things people were excited about were not things they had yet been promised.

Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post
    Again, it is not green fire, i do not really care about it, but more about the work the class should get and was totally postponed, and the possibility from the side of Blizz to talk, show, and suggest content they can totally negate without any reasoning, whyle taking subscription based, euala or not euala, on what ppl is tricked to believe to be aviable in short time.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/708...otes-8_28_2012
    Last edited by Imnick; 2012-11-29 at 11:43 AM.

Deleted
    Would you not have paid for this month, if you knew the green fire was not coming with 5.1?

Quote Originally Posted by nerfmagesffs View Post
    Would you not have paid for this month, if you knew the green fire was not coming with 5.1?
    Exactly what I was thinking while reading this thread. You say you've played and paid every month since Beta. Are you honestly saying you would have quit now if they announced Green Fire awesomeness would be delayed for 2 months?

I understand the disappointment, I was kinda looking forward to Path of the Titans when WotLK came out, and all we got was plain Archaeology, which wasn't that spectacular. It's nice to look forward to things, but this is the downside of all the extensive datamining and PTR-nonsense: you can never be sure what will be included until the final patch notes.

And finally, being angry at Blizzard because they said something and didn't deliver? I would think a player who has been active since Beta would be used to that by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Communication of upcoming improvements is not a legal contract.
    That is all.

(I play a WL and am a little disappointed as well, but that's just the way it is.)
    no, but it is an unfair way to promote a product.
    Again, many does not have the perception of this game being a service or a product, they see it like an immense gift we must only be thankful of.
    If you compare the behaviour of this game company to that of other companies in different fields, you may find it quiet silly.
    It is not the pinnacle of idiocy, if you work for the money you give to Blizz, and have to fight to find the time to play. Perhaps, if not misleaded by the advertising used to comunicate such intended improvements(for me was new spels and new questline, which i found exciting and worth investing in) i would have spent my money in other gaming products; the fact that tweets, in game animation etc. are not "robbed" to Blizz, they are showing them for marketing purposes and are part of selling strategies, they are not part of a superior truth we must be thankful to be recieving and never try discuss it, or be burned....really, i can't get why ppl are so happy to be tricked, i find this really weird, whyle i can understand that talking of a legal action for not getting green fire may look really strange at a first glance, if you see it in the whole system of comunication the company uses it make more sense, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    Secondly, you weren't getting the full quest this patch. We were getting half of it now, half in 5.2. That probably means it's all going to be brought in 5.2. Watch this space.
    Exactly, it's blizzards way of gating content and make you pay for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking while reading this thread. You say you've played and paid every month since Beta. Are you honestly saying you would have quit now if they announced Green Fire awesomeness would be delayed for 2 months?

I understand the disappointment, I was kinda looking forward to Path of the Titans when WotLK came out, and all we got was plain Archaeology, which wasn't that spectacular. It's nice to look forward to things, but this is the downside of all the extensive datamining and PTR-nonsense: you can never be sure what will be included until the final patch notes.

And finally, being angry at Blizzard because they said something and didn't deliver? I would think a player who has been active since Beta would be used to that by now.
    Yes, but I payed and not played the game for some years now, and honestly i can get tired of it, at some point.
    The legal action was just a way to try to get some justice for the many many times this kind of behaviour has mislead thousands of players to subscribe.

Down with blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post
    Yes, but I payed and not played the game for some years now, and honestly i can get tired of it, at some point.
    The legal action was just a way to try to get some justice for the many many times this kind of behaviour has mislead thousands of players to subscribe.
    No but you see, if you can't answer his question "Are you honestly saying you would have quit now if they announced Green Fire awesomeness would be delayed for 2 months?" then you don't have a case.
    That's the only way you could possibly form a class-action suit and it's pretty obviously a paper-thin excuse.

I really don`t see how you can whine, warlocks have received the most attention this expansion and given so many gifts. Heck, this extra quest chain takes a lot of work and other classes aren't getting it and when the first part is delayed a patch all you can do is whine?

Also those glyphs/Cataclysm were useless spells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    Exactly, it's blizzards way of gating content and make you pay for nothing.
    Incorrect, they are going to release it in 5.2 instead of over the expansion. So instead of having to pay to play for every patch, you just can do it for 5.2.

Originally it was probably 5.1+5.2+5.3. It's not -just- Black temple. If you read the Black Harvest book it's going to involve Twilight cultists and going to Sulfuras as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneepel View Post
    You...You can't be serious?
    He may be exaggerating, but last I looked warlocks were almost last in arena representation, only ahead of monks and rogues, more or less tied with death knights, and far behind everything else. No idea on rated battlegrounds, though. Either way, no big deal. The class may be fairly weak but every class goes through it at some point, and I would say warlocks are more fun now than before the overhaul. Also, the idea of filing a lawsuit over something like this is laughable.

haha wl whining about his class not being loved enough .....
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

I don't understand how you can be complaining and trying to push for a class action suit because your special snowflake class quest line isn't coming soon enough. Nobody else is getting a quest line.

What a ridiculous thread ^^

Started playing again after a LONG time and I have to say I love how my lock plays!

If the quest line is not ready, it's not ready.
    Stop whining you spoiled (and currently overpowered) warlock.

EVERYTHING in PTR is subject to change. Everything on the live realms is subject to change. Actually READ your terms and conditions. You have no right to anything. None of what blizzard did goes against your consumer rights.

/thread

everyting that is put on the ptr is not set in stone. so next time blame your self for overhyping on stuff that happen on the ptr