View Poll Results: will you partecipate in a class-action against Blizz for the missing improvements?

Voters
287. This poll is closed
  • Yes, i have been tricked to pay for content that wont be in game so i have to be refound

33 11.50%
  • no, even if i agree with the reasonig behind.

32 11.15%
  • no, i find we are ok as we are.

222 77.35%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you're crying because your fire isn't green? Wow... That's absolutely amazing.

On topic, you have no business in interfering with Blizzard's decisions. It is their game. You paying the subscription fee is merely for Blizzard to be motivated to bring out new and better content. While I do agree that they somewhat fail on that, I also think you are not obliged to pay the sub fee. Noone is forcing you to pay and/or play.

Seriously, if I could have kept my mouth shut for the 6 years all ret paladins wanted better mechanics and that which EVERY SINGLE CLASS has/had (a slow/snare) then so can you keep it shut for some stylish new green-fire effect. Seriously, back in TBC no-one wanted ret paladins. I was greeted with a "go holy or go home" quite often. And yet I kept my mouth shut. (It was a different story when I out-dps'd the mage but hey!)

So yeah, less Q_Q, more pew-pew!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    'm not advocating lawsuits, but it's certainly not wrong to provide negative feedback over something you're dissatisfied with - and in this case, I feel the OP is right to be unhappy about this given the information already diseminated by Blizzard themselves.
    I think that's the stance a lot of us are taking on the subject. It's okay to be disappointed, upset, and let down from what has happened since you were looking forward to some of the 5.1 plans. A lot of us are. I personally was looking forward to green fire. But there is nothing he has a legal leg to stand on to even consider proposing a class action lawsuit. That's the only part IMO that most of us disagree with the OP over.

OP, you can't control the direction the game is going through voicing your opinions or through legal action. The only thing you can control is how the game affects you by staying subscribed. You sound terribly upset about this and I don't blame you as i undrstand the concept of how others can take change and disappointment differently than me, however, if I were you I would unsubscribe since it sounds like nothing in the game is fun enough to be worth your money's investment. Come back when it does seem like it is. Most of us will still be here. Good luck!

I personally disagree with people saying that locks got stuff therefore have no right to whine. Here is the thing, it is far worse to have a teasing carrot on a stick and always be disappointed than not have anything at all. I mean, it is "okay" to have the questline moved to 5.2 since it was originally meant to be finished by then, but I have noticed some serious mockery here. The front page of MMO champ has 2 screenshots verifying that it will be on 5.2, however has some bold letters that lead to a 3rd link that says that this is not promise, which is implied in a hidden manner. Therefore its like saying that what was promised has been delayed and we won't guarantee if its gonna be on the next patch, on patch 6.66 or never to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    Of course it was just 1 of a number of things...but if your colleague had been fired from the same job as you do, and 1 of the reasons why was effectively "leaking stuff on the internet" .... would you be on here now? Really?

As for you cliche bit....do you think kit's just Blizzard that doesn't let it's employees leak internal development ideas? Do you even have a job?

Customer service, ie making you fell like you mattered, is massively different from what he posted before and after employee termination
    Trying to have a civil conversation with you so please don't start with the degrading comments like "Do you even have a job?"

I'm not asking Blizzard employees to risk their career's by doing what he did and bucking the system. More so I am hoping Blizzard's management sees that with the correct monitoring this type of nonchalant communication is a good thing and should be improved upon instead of shunned. The "leaking" that he did was at the end his time. Most of the rest of his "insider" information was data mine able or Bugs that had been brought to his attention and he knew they were easy fixes.

Customer service, Serving the customer to enhance the level of satisfaction with your product. I thoroughly enjoyed that many people here were listened to and what they said seemed to be actually taken under consideration. While what he was doing was against the rules, maybe it should be different.

Yeah we were spoiled for a little bit. But people were happy, even when there were heated debates when talking about destruction( /wave Phoenexis). Why is that such a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post

I speak for me and for those like me that think the Lock class actually is not on par with the other 10 class of the game, for those who are ok with the class as it is now it shoul not be a problem, but i am pretty sure a lot ppl like greatly waited for those changes, and have been deluded for the very last time.
    I'm sorry OP but I was willing to at the very least entertain your whining about the loss of your green fire until I read this bit. You're right it's not on par, at least in PvE, it significantly above par compared to every other class. Affliction last I recall is still the top dog as far as sims with the other two specs while being behind affliction are still equal to or better than most of the other dps specs. That's three perfectly viable and competitive dps specs for warlocks in PvE at least when it comes to your average run of the mill WoW player. I wont speak on PvP mostly because I've found this game's pvp to be bland and half-assed so I avoid it at all costs.

It really seems like childish whining because you lost your green fire quest which you're still getting but it'll just come later and all in one piece instead of in jilted segmented chunks. I mean this is comparable to you try to sue someone because they failed to invent the jet pack, except you're an not an investor or someone involved in the project in any way so you really have no right/reason to sue anyone and you're really just doing it because tantrums are fun and mature. You pay for the game as is, if you don't like the game as is or what it will be cancel your sub or provide feedback. Dont be a twat and try and sue everyone that does something you odn't like.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2012-11-29 at 05:12 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Deleted
    Can't tell if he is trolling or is just stupid. But hey... everyone has their own opinion, even if it sucks.

Please don't accuse others of trolling, and don't flame them by calling them names, consider yourself warned. ~xskarma
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-11-30 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post
    Yes, but I payed and not played the game for some years now, and honestly i can get tired of it, at some point.
    The legal action was just a way to try to get some justice for the many many times this kind of behaviour has mislead thousands of players to subscribe.
    You've played the game for "some years now". If this is true, than you know how the patch process goes. The PTR is put up with certain features that may or may not make it to live. Some of these features are hidden additions to the MPQ files such as quest text, sound files, etc and are only found by reverse engineering them as Blizzard does not always implement or use everything they throw into the MPQ's. Some of these features are announced and feedback is requested on them, a lot of times they arent. Either way until such features make it into the live patch notes when the patches are complete, there is no promise, implied or otherwise on Blizzards part.

I think it is rather pathetic that you would waste not only your own money, but the money of the judicial system, taxpayers, Blizzard etc to file a frivolous lawsuit just because you perceived a promise from a beta version of software. I think the more responsible thing to do would be to cancel your subscription. This way you will not be publicly ridiculed, lose money on court costs and attorneys fees, and actually have a 100% chance of saving money and making a change by removing yourself from the gene pool of Azeroth. I hear SWTOR is good at making promises and not delivering, you might want to give that game a shot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Why is that such a bad thing?

Because right now, locks are in a good place (As I said before) No, we aren't top of anything, but we're not bottom either. Demo is very nice in PvP, Affliction is very nice in PvE, Destro is....As Destro always is. Good in PvE and every now and again you blow someone up in PvP.

People in this thread have made out that we're shafted, because what, some EXCLUSIVE content is being pushed back a bit (But not really, as only a bit of it was meant to come out with 5.1 and rest in 5.2 AND 5.3, and now we get it all in 5.2) And Demo has had a few PvP adjustments (Again, still in a VERY good place) and that in PvE you can't just spam Shadow Bolt anymore and not top metres.

Lock is good right now, please people, just hang on until 5.2 and get something NO OTHER CLASS GETS, and enjoy the fact you're not playing a rogue

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Trying to have a civil conversation with you ......

And sorry for that, bad form on my part
    Last edited by mmoc3c347a2199; 2012-11-29 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because right now, locks are in a good place (As I said before) No, we aren't top of anything, but we're not bottom either. Demo is very nice in PvP, Affliction is very nice in PvE, Destro is....As Destro always is. Good in PvE and every now and again you blow someone up in PvP.

People in this thread have made out that we're shafted, because what, some EXCLUSIVE content is being pushed back a bit (But not really, as only a bit of it was meant to come out with 5.1 and rest in 5.2 AND 5.3, and now we get it all in 5.2) And Demo has had a few PvP adjustments (Again, still in a VERY good place) and that in PvE you can't just spam Shadow Bolt anymore and not top metres.

Lock is good right now, please people, just hang on until 5.2 and get something NO OTHER CLASS GETS, and enjoy the fact you're not playing a rogue
    I don't disagree that Warlocks are in a good place, but that doesn't excuse announcing something will be in a patch less than 2 weeks before the patch's release; and then pulling it at the last minute without any kind of communication of that happening. Even worse that actual game changing mechanics adjustments are made in that same patch, again without official announcement. Even now there's no official detailed explaination of the Curse Auras change in full, nor of the Chaos Bolt changes: All we have is from in-game discovery and testing which is by no means necessarily entirely accurate or fully understood. It begs the question what might we be missing?

For players of the class to be treated as such an afterthought via Twitter; and only in regards to the questline beggars belief.

Deleted
    With the " Xelnath " episode here, it's likely a " F U locks" by GC.

Do you prefer a " change your demon gender " or " greenfire bluefire and redfire " for the 5.2 patch ? coz u'll have none /trolololface.
    Last edited by mmoca1e94eb7cd; 2012-11-29 at 09:22 PM.

What's green fire?

Deleted
    I don't disagree that Warlocks are in a good place, but that doesn't excuse announcing something will be in a patch less than 2 weeks before the patch's release; and then pulling it at the last minute without any kind of communication of that happening. Even worse that actual game changing mechanics adjustments are made in that same patch, again without official announcement. Even now there's no official detailed explaination of the Curse Auras change in full, nor of the Chaos Bolt changes: All we have is from in-game discovery and testing which is by no means necessarily entirely accurate or fully understood. It begs the question what might we be missing?

For players of the class to be treated as such an afterthought via Twitter; and only in regards to the questline beggars belief.

And locks are not alone in this respect....there are many, and there almost always is, changes that aren't documented. Most are normally backend changes that don't effect players, but some (like ours now) aren't. It doesn't mean Blizzard is out to get locks....it's just the way it's been for 8+ years. The blue post on the "full patch notes" idea addressed the whole thing.

I think starting a lawsuit over something like this is pretty ridiculous. I'm perfectly fine with them not implementing a clunky terrible spell that doesn't accomplish it's intended goal. I would much rather they not implement it than give us crap and them be deluded into thinking they had actually done something valuable for us.

For the non Warlocks spouting off, I could be nice and explain that there is a very good reason Blizzard gave Warlocks a lot of attention this expansion. You see they needlessly made significant changes going into Cataclysm as well. Instead of listening to the feedback Warlocks gave them they lost almost 25% of the entire Warlock class over that expansion. So Cynwise gets a free beta invite. They actually listen to beta feedback, and a Warlock dev starts popping in and commenting. Yes we are in a good place now but there is a very good reason for it. That doesn't mean we didn't get the crap trolled out of us along the way. Blizzard making a fully functional tanking spec and then laughing it of as not intended. You totally spend a lot of money to develop something that detailed, test it, refine it, implement it for something actually not intended. Right. Green fire. For some reason Warlocks have been batshit crazy for green fire for ages. They trolled the crap out of us before Mists release. Then we are going to get it. Oh, about that. Yeah. No. Next patch! But we don't promise.

Now I really have no interest in tanking as a Warlock. I don't really care about green fire. But I can appreciate that people play the game for different reasons. As such, I can certainly understand people being upset thinking they may get something they have long wanted only to find out they were trolled once again. Even if yes we are in a good place right now. If you don't have the grey matter to get that, I don't know what to tell you. Some people prefer to stare straight ahead chanting everything is rosy and completely ignore everything but what they want to see. I mean, I could have just said take your sorry lesser class ass back to your own forum. But I didn't. I explained it. See? Warlocks are Nice.

"It should bring us some new spells and glyphs(cataclism and glyph of supernova) that would help to bring back the class in some competitive PvP placement, whyle actually it is the least present in top arena teams a RBG."

You're a plague to this game

10+ Year Old Account
    And locks are not alone in this respect....there are many, and there almost always is, changes that aren't documented. Most are normally backend changes that don't effect players, but some (like ours now) aren't. It doesn't mean Blizzard is out to get locks....it's just the way it's been for 8+ years. The blue post on the "full patch notes" idea addressed the whole thing.
    I'm not suggesting they're out to "get Warlocks"; I read that post and just got the impression that the development team are a hopelessly uncoordinated and chaotic mess. I don't think that's a good image to be projecting.

And I'm sorry, but using "It's hard" as a defense just suggests either he isn't up to the job, or the structures in place aren't fit for purpose. Or both if, as it seems, he's responsible for those structures.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2012-11-30 at 01:05 AM.

Not sure what some you guys are talking about Im having a blast as Affliction/Affliction PVE/PVP
    In PVE Im toping the charts, in PVP I'm pretty hard to kill and topping damage and kills
    So what if we did not get green fire yet we have lived without it so its a plus whenever we do get it

The fact that green fire IS coming in 5.2 isn't enough? You have to have it RIGHT now?

Hell, I'm sure anyone would be happy to hear that a change they wanted is on the way.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't disagree that Warlocks are in a good place, but that doesn't excuse announcing something will be in a patch less than 2 weeks before the patch's release;
    Hence why it is a PTR. Views like this is why Blizzard is so hesitant to announce things before they are 100% final. If it isn't in the live game it isn't something you are being cheated out of. Things have been delayed through out the history of WoW and the history of gaming. Just because it is Green fire doesn't mean you can go cry about it now.

Seriously it is just a color change of a few spells. Why the crusade against blizzard lying and mistreating you? Did you do the same when they delayed Abysal Maw? Firelands from launch of Cataclysm?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop complaining. You're class has gotten more attention then every other class combined this Xpac so far, and will continue to get pampered the rest of the way through. You can wait a couple months for the next patch, and get spoiled some more with you epic Warlock only quest, and rewards.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

ITT: People who don't know what PTR means.

And an OP who has no idea how class action lawsuits work.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu