Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

"Clicker" ownage

Hey guys i found this humorous so i thought i would share.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXqqC-xznAg

The video looks like it was in Wrath but i swear that is without a doubt the fastest clicking ive seen...
    Do you think clicking can be sometimes faster than keybinds?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhapunch09 View Post
    Hey guys i found this humorous so i thought i would share.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXqqC-xznAg

The video looks like it was in Wrath but i swear that is without a doubt the fastest clicking ive seen...
    Do you think clicking can be sometimes faster than keybinds?
    I always felt clicking gave me much more mobility.

Absolutely not, Though thats pretty impressive, i have a faster reaction time using my razer naga.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can feel you on that. I just dont think my accuracy is good enough to click.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any decent melee that's keybinding would own that guy without any real trouble because clickers can't do damage when you keep running behind em.
    And no, keybinding is always faster, especially when using a proper keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapzer View Post
    Absolutely not, Though thats pretty impressive, i have a faster reaction time using my razer naga.
    How can you be faster when he was GCD capped?

I wouldn't really call it ownage. It looks like he far out-gears a lot of the people he's against, and looking at his powers this was at a time when prot pallies were a bit OP in PVP. I remember being a Prot PVP Pally and it wasn't really hard to kill other people due to the nature of our powers. Additionally, it looks like the people he's against don't really know what they're doing...

STILL - respect for the accuracy clicking... I know it would drive me nuts to click like that. Gotta love my Naga.

Usually it isn't all about speed, it's about accuracy and number of abilities. You can only fit so many abilities within a reasonable space to click quickly, if you throw movement into it, it gets tougher and tougher. While that is somewhat impressive, it isn't more or better than keybinds by any stretch of the imagination. If this guy did switch to keybinds he would be doing much better than that.
    So, in short I guess, that's good for a clicker, but average for any experienced keybinder.
    I like anime and stuff.

You can clearly see he uses keyboard for several spells...

10+ Year Old Account
    I like at how 0.55 he has time to type /kiss to the shaman xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffmstr View Post
    Usually it isn't all about speed, it's about accuracy and number of abilities. You can only fit so many abilities within a reasonable space to click quickly, if you throw movement into it, it gets tougher and tougher. While that is somewhat impressive, it isn't more or better than keybinds by any stretch of the imagination. If this guy did switch to keybinds he would be doing much better than that.
    So, in short I guess, that's good for a clicker, but average for any experienced keybinder.
    Keyboard movement + clicking = never having to stop and still being able to attack. Movement has no effect on a clicker. Can't say the same for a keybinder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Keyboard movement + clicking = never having to stop and still being able to attack. Movement has no effect on a clicker. Can't say the same for a keybinder.
    Keybinders mouse move, so they're unable to strafe, which means yes, they have either no ability to kite.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Anything beyond forward or strafing movement has a huge affect on a clicker because you simply cannot turn as fast with the keyboard. Movement has absolutely no affect on a keybinder because they just use the faster more accurate mouse movement.

Also it is entirely possible to setup keybinds so that you can still strafe (max 2 keys + 1 finger required) and use your other fingers and dozens of other keys on the keyboard.
    Last edited by openair; 2012-11-28 at 06:55 PM.

He lost a few gcd's due to his weird movements not being able to strafe while fighting. Ran through the guy and having to keyboard turn back at him
    So it's pretty clear that it has a negative effect...

Also, I don't know where you got the idea keybinders would have any issues with movement if he has comfortable keybinds..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Keybinders mouse move, so they're unable to strafe, which means yes, they have either no ability to kite.
    Wrong. I mouse move in terms of the camera or switching, but I strafe perfectly fine (switch A & D with strafing instead of turning), easily able to kite as a keybinder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahahaha... that's so horrible... I bet that kid can't get past 1200 rating. Clickers need to realize something... you... will... never... be... as... good... as... someone... who... hotkeys... End of discussion. Lets point out some facts of this video... It's all BG's... and this is back when there was no resilience power and prot pallys were incredibly strong. All he's doing is 1v1ing and it's nothing special.

This is just evidence for all clickers to get a mindcheck of how horrible of a player you are when you click... slow reaction times... always looking at the bottom of your screen... never constantly strafing, either backpeddling or forward. The only humorous thing about this video is how bad he is... fast clicker... wow... that's still light years behind a keybinder.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

You guys need to know the pro way, it's a hybrid key setup.

ASWD for movement, keybind everything else, then use mouse. You don't right click to move, you use ASWD, but it allows you to strafe by holding right click and turning then using either A or D.

PS I clicked on my hunter back in vanilla and thought I was a legend, then someone was like dude stop being a noob, key bind... so I tried one move on key bind, I think it was Tranq shot for magmadar. I liked it and then went nutty with it. Right now I have Mouse + ASWD for movement and 123456qeft + shift and ctrl all bound.

keyboard movement + keybinds = never having to stop and still being able to attack. Movement has no effect on a keybinder. Can't say the same for a clicker.
    Last edited by jonte912; 2012-11-28 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    You guys need to know the pro way, it's a hybrid key setup.

ASWD for movement, keybind everything else, then use mouse. You don't right click to move, you use ASWD, but it allows you to strafe by holding right click and turning then using either A or D.

PS I clicked on my hunter back in vanilla and thought I was a legend, then someone was like dude stop being a noob, key bind... so I tried one move on key bind, I think it was Tranq shot for magmadar. I liked it and then went nutty with it. Right now I have Mouse + ASWD for movement and 123456qeft + shift and ctrl all bound.
    Uhhh... no... any true keybinder won't keep those... they use by clicking both left and right buttons on the mouse... I keep A and D for strafing, but that's it. Why would I use W when it can be a keybind... or even worse, that's taking away my middle finger from pressing other hotkeys.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Wrong. I mouse move in terms of the camera or switching, but I strafe perfectly fine (switch A & D with strafing instead of turning), easily able to kite as a keybinder.
    You still cannot strafe properly while turning and keep up with all your gcd's, unless you move in one direction or has camera view somehow keybinded