Quick question - gaming pc

hey guys! Can any1 check this PC for me and tell me if this PC is good for gaming? aiming world of warcraft raids 25m

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/de...ers/1003823799

Some people told me that its fine but I want to hear your opinion + I already spoke with seller and I want to make payment tomorrow

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh...

For 200 quid I suppose it's hard to beat, but don't expect to run 25 mans with your settings way up and having high fps, especially if you want to play at 1080p, or are you going to use the 1440x900 monitor he is selling in the package?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    The full specs are:
    AMD 550 X2 3.1GHZ CPU
    4870 1GB graphics
    6GB DDR2 RAM
    Gigabyte MA-790X UD4P Motherboard
    500W OCZ power supply
    Coolermaster elite 334 case
    19" ASUS LCD 1440x900
    Logic 3 speakers
    ?
    no way in hell your getting any decent 25man out of that imo (unless you play 800x600)

so whats actualy wrong with this? 6GB is alright I think. 1GB graphic card also not bad and AMD 550 is bad?

Deleted
    the CPU is pretty weak and amd doesn't scale that well with wow. (and with wow being very cpu bound in performance that kinda won't work well)
    that GPU is from 4 years ago and wasn't anything special back then either, gtx 460 era says hello ^^ (1gb means nothing if it is a quite old or low end card)

Quote Originally Posted by Demologize View Post
    so whats actualy wrong with this? 6GB is alright I think. 1GB graphic card also not bad and AMD 550 is bad?
    Graphics cards aren't rated by how large their memory is.

A 4870 is pretty much still decent for raiding. This CPU performs equally to an E7400 dual core which never bottlenecked an HD4870

I used to have a Q9550 (which is only 30% faster than the AMD) and a 4850 during WoTLK, patch 4.0/4.1/4.2 I was able to play on high with 30fps I think in raids but can't remember how much exactly) with a resolution of 1680x1050 and DDR2-800MHz.

The 4870 has 800 stream cpu's which is just amazing for such an old card.

The PC has old parts, but it can take WoW to medium/high settings but in raids you have to notch down to low.

If you can live with 20-30-40fps on low settings in 10m raids, well go ahead take that build. Like you're going to get any better than that pc.

Well 200eur budget for a pc is just too low to get any modern cpu & gpu and all the others. If you can afford a pc of 600eur orsomething, do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    A 4870 is pretty much still decent for raiding. This CPU performs equally to an E7400 dual core which never bottlenecked an HD4870

I used to have a Q9550 (which is only 30% faster than the AMD) and a 4850 during WoTLK, patch 4.0/4.1/4.2 I was able to play on high with 30fps I think in raids but can't remember how much exactly) with a resolution of 1680x1050 and DDR2-800MHz.

The 4870 has 800 stream cpu's which is just amazing for such an old card.

The PC has old parts, but it can take WoW to medium/high settings but in raids you have to notch down to low.

If you can live with 20-30-40fps on low settings in 10m raids, well go ahead take that build. Like you're going to get any better than that pc.

Well 200eur budget for a pc is just too low to get any modern cpu & gpu and all the others. If you can afford a pc of 600eur orsomething, do that.
    So will this PC handle 25m raids with 30~ fps on low details? because I do not care about graphic I just want stable fps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demologize View Post
    So will this PC handle 25m raids with 30~ fps on low details? because I do not care about graphic I just want stable fps
    doubt it for 25man unless you also crank down the resolution.
    don't forget he mentioned wotlk times. (now is 2 graphic updates later,don't expect anything close to it)

Alright Ill save some moeny then

dude i have a worst pc than dat... of couse you will be fine but everything at low graphics
    its okey...
    and yea maybe with 30 40 fps but thats not bad...
    Last edited by Damire; 2012-11-29 at 09:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Damire View Post
    dude i have a worst pc than dat... of couse you will be fine but everything at low graphics
    trust me... its okey...
    this guys are just rich and dont know low budget pcs
    why would we recommend a budget pc with +-5 year old tech?
    also your definition of okey could be 800x600, i highly doubt that is similar to the OP or other general users.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    why would we recommend a budget pc with +-5 year old tech?
    also your definition of okey could be 800x600, i highly doubt that is similar to the OP or other general users.
    Well, I can raid LFR at 30+ FPS on lowest settings with an Intel HD 4000 at 1920x1080. The 4870 is at least twice as good so it should be fine. The difference though is the AMD 550 x2 vs the 3770K I use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Well, I can raid LFR at 30+ FPS on lowest settings with an Intel HD 4000 at 1920x1080. The 4870 is at least twice as good so it should be fine. The difference though is the AMD 550 x2 vs the 3770K I use.
    cpu is the gamemaker for wow since that is the weakest link.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    cpu is the gamemaker for wow since that is the weakest link.
    Aye, one will see very little improvement getting any GPU above a GTX 460 for WoW, though I believe that changed with MoP, however since I do not play anymore I am not always as up-to-date.

However, the 3770K is going to waste for yurano right now, if he is really using Intel HD 4000 to game... Should have gotten a 3570K and dedicated GPU. The AMD 550 x2 though, is definitely lacking in power and will show it at any decent resolution. The ATI 4870 is okay, but not even DX 11 compatible, so will not perform as well nor be able to do several of the newer graphical improvements, as a more recent GPU.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    However, the 3770K is going to waste for yurano right now, if he is really using Intel HD 4000 to game... Should have gotten a 3570K and dedicated GPU. The AMD 550 x2 though, is definitely lacking in power and will show it at any decent resolution. The ATI 4870 is okay, but not even DX 11 compatible, so will not perform as well nor be able to do several of the newer graphical improvements, as a more recent GPU.
    I'm waiting for the 8000 Radeons or 700 Geforces. And there are certain instances where the 3770K aided in gaming. *cough* pointerscanning in Borderlands 2 *cough*

I've also been playing PTR on my crappy T9400 Core2 and I've been getting 50+ FPS in Twin Peaks. Not sure how that scales into 25m raids. This was also at 1920x1080.

10+ Year Old Account
    50+ fps at lowest settings, most likely, Twin Peaks is not 25 people crowded on top of each other and all sorts of effects going off, both from them, and the boss. 25 man raiding is unparalleled almost, in WoW, aside from heavy populated servers in Stormwind or Orgrimmar.

Wouldn't say you should wait for the 8000s/700s though. Why not just wait for the 9000s/800s? You need a GPU now...
    "A flower.