No Mind Sear bug fix in 5.1

So, I'm really tired of this. It was brought up a long time ago. Many of us has been writing on the official forums, tweeted them etc.
    Still this isn't changed for 5.1.

For those of you that isn't aware of the bug; Mind Sear Mastery proccs a weaker version of a tick.
    This does only happen with Mind Sear, not SW:P, VT or Mind Flay.

Taking bets on when this is changed. I'll go with never. Next expansion we'll get a new mastery again and this issue wont be around.

Your Mind Sear hit Training Dummy 1 Shadow. (7741 Overkill)
    Your Mind Sear hit Training Dummy 1 Shadow. (7724 Overkill)
    Your Mind Sear hit Training Dummy 1 Shadow. (7730 Overkill)
    Your Mind Sear hit Training Dummy 1 Shadow. (6149 Overkill) <- Mastery procc
    Your Mind Sear hit Training Dummy 1 Shadow. (6167 Overkill) <- Mastery procc
    Your Mind Sear hit Training Dummy 1 Shadow. (7746 Overkill)
    Your Mind Sear hit Training Dummy 1 Shadow. (7736 Overkill)
    Your Mind Sear hit Training Dummy 1 Shadow. (7742 Overkill)

Deleted
    ms just isnt worth shit, blizzard dont seem to give a shit about sp damage, even with dotting numerous mobs and ms we still get out dpsd by tanks and most other classes, i wouldnt hold ur breath for a fix

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    one of the best idea i hear it was like increasing the damage of mind sear if 2 or 3 mind sear damaged targets have VT and SWP on them... it will force to dot and mind sear instead of only mind sear, and it will increase the aoe damage without letting u just mind sear

It was fixed, it was a hot fix a while ago. It changed the scaling of it, so if you have bad gear you wont see much of a difference.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

I believe it was buffed slightly, but it didn't make the patch notes. There were *two* notes on Mind Sear; one was a tooltip, one was a straight up buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm seeing a pretty large difference with Mind Sear before and after the patch.

Of course, that has nothing to do with the mastery procs.
    {[( )]}

10+ Year Old Account
    How much of a difference?
    Are we still suck bad at Wind Lord P1 for example?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Last week I did 125k dps on Wind Lord Mel'jarak and this week I did 155k. (r 19)

i'm noticing we get a tick of damage pretty fast in the cast now, whereas before we wouldn't even get a tick until the time had passed between ticks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trahelion View Post
    Last week I did 125k dps on Wind Lord Mel'jarak and this week I did 155k. (r 19)
    Thanks for the useless info and gratz for not ranking even in top 3500.
    I'm talking about the fact that MS is terribly weak compared to every other class AoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mainman View Post
    ms just isnt worth shit, blizzard dont seem to give a shit about sp damage, even with dotting numerous mobs and ms we still get out dpsd by tanks and most other classes, i wouldnt hold ur breath for a fix
    What game are you playing dude? I think MS is awesome. Besides, how much does aoe damage really matter?
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2012-11-29 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CapM View Post
    What game are you playing dude? I think MS is awesome. Besides, how much does aoe damage really matter?
    This tier, sadly, not much since Mel'jarak is such a pushover. Some encounters such as H Shek'zeer or H Sha of Fear do rely quite heavily on AoE in certain parts of the encounter, favoring higher AoE DPS specs over lower AoE DPS specs.

OT: I've definitely seen an increase in my Mind Sear damage from 5.0. As for the reduced damage onmastery procs, someone suggested that Blizzard forgot to buff the mastery procs whilst still buffing the actual spell's damage.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2012-11-29 at 01:00 PM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Spriests have been getting the same treatment in every single expansion.
    Our dps plain out sucks at the start of the xpac only to get buffed when the xpac is nearing it's end.

WLK we had to wait till ToC for a decent buff in dps.
    Cata we had decent damage but we only became really competitive when DS hit due to our T13 4P bonus.

I predicted the same to happen before the xpac hit and well well, same story different day.

The really bad thing about how Spriests are faring nowadays is that even with better gear we don't get an linear boost in dps due to how our resource generation scales.
    The lack of a cooldown reduction on MB linked to our hastelevels means that if we don't go for Divine Insight we can only DP once every 24 secs. With DP bringing such a big portion of our damage it's a big design flaw.

I've actually given up playing my priest. The class and spec I've been playing for nearly 5 years now.
    It's really frustrating that as a Spriests you have to play flawless in order to get midpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say, as I haven't done Wind Lord yet this week, but based off what I've seen doing trash at the beginning of HoF and my attempts on hTsulong, my gut tells me we should be middle of the pack instead of dead last for this fight.

(For an example of pure AoE spam, I came out close to on top of the HoF Supplicants trash packs before Vizier just spamming Sear and Divine Star)
    Last edited by Aica; 2012-11-29 at 11:44 PM.
    {[( )]}

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed is buffed by a lot.
    Why Divine Star ?

10+ Year Old Account
    hVizier attempts.
    {[( )]}

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah ok thought you said trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah ok thought you said trash.