Deleted

Question How to make castsequence macro?One that works!

Lately i have tried to make several different macros, and i thought it would be very useful if you could make one button do... For example Trap launcher and then used Ice trap all in 1 click...

I do not know if it's possible to do this.. It is in 2 clicks..

Also do you know if it's possible to make a macro that will wait for the GCD, and cast your spells automatically after a rotation you have made?

I guess it should be possible...

You can ofcourse cast things that are not on the global CD along with a spell/ability that is, all without any castsequence macro..

But as mentioned above.. Do you think you can make such macros? And if you can, then how?

Quote Originally Posted by Amanaki View Post
    Also do you know if it's possible to make a macro that will wait for the GCD, and cast your spells automatically after a rotation you have made
    No. Blizz broke that awhile back.

EDIT: And basically, what you are asking for is impossible. From your first lines, one can assume you are a hunter. Each hunter spec has an element of RNG built into it to prevent a 1-button "rotation". LnL, MasterMarks, Invig, KillingStreak, etc etc etc. You COULD make a "rotation" macro, but you will do subpar dps (under 10k in raid gear)
    Last edited by Zankoku; 2011-06-15 at 10:06 AM.

Deleted
    And it would require one click/button press per action.

As for your first question:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence Trap Launcher, Ice Trap
    Have you tried this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    And it would require one click/button press per action.

As for your first question:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence Trap Launcher, Ice Trap
    Have you tried this?
    I have... And if you don't mind clicking the button twice it's fine, but i'd rather just click the trap launcher then...

(You have to click twice)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanaki View Post
    I have... And if you don't mind clicking the button twice it's fine, but i'd rather just click the trap launcher then...

(You have to click twice)
    With that macro, you free up a keybinding that can be used for other things =) Blizzard's policy on macros is basically one click = one action. Some exceptions exists, but these are off the GCD.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

You cannot have a macro which will activate multiple abilities on the GCD, they changed it some time ago.

You either have to have a castsequence or multiple cast commands, but either way you must click the button more than once.

Deleted
    yes u can with a gaming key pad, and make macroes to click wows macros ..... what they do is press a button of your choice at certain times thus ridding you of having to press it so if a cast sequence has 10 spells .

1 click of the gaming keypad will do all 10 if you record the key strokes and then edit the mouse clicks and the unwanted time after.

so in game you go on a dummy practice the macro u made - then set up key pad new macro record yourself going in game pressing the macro repeatedly then exit game stop record, edit the bullshit out .

and then you have your one click 12 button press macro.

ive played the game for years with barely any macros, and now after getting the keypad today, im tottaly addicted to it and them.

Razor nostromo is the peice of kit u want .
    Last edited by mmocbdcf9de97d; 2012-11-29 at 01:50 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Bipolarcare's "solution" basically comes down to "this is technically botting and can get you banned" - it's a violation of the ToS that you agreed to when you first ran WoW, and that you agree to again every time there's a patch.

Hardware and software based repeating macros are against the rules in WoW. Period. Doesn't matter if it's from a G15/19/whatever, a Nostromo pad, a Sidewinder, or any other piece of hardware (or software) that allows you to do this.

I've had more than one friend get caught using such things the way bipolarcare suggests - and they all ended up with suspensions or bans, eventually. Usually in the next round of botting punishments handed out by Blizz.