Thread: T11 4p nerf?

Deleted

T11 4p nerf?

It seems like they fixed this. Can't get it to work, at least.
    Can anyone confirm?

Deleted
    T13* and from the looks of things they did nerf it yes. Its being removed when removing the 4 set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. I was annoyed at first, and then actually pretty relieved, as it makes pulls a lot less stressfully complicated, what with having to pop two macros for gear and a potion in the last 2 seconds before a pull.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    Yep. I was annoyed at first, and then actually pretty relieved, as it makes pulls a lot less stressfully complicated, what with having to pop two macros for gear and a potion in the last 2 seconds before a pull.
    Yeah, I am relieved as well. At least I can't accidentally purge Gara'jal (instead of casting SWG) and end up stuck in my T13 gear again, LOL.

However, being down at the near bottom of almost every raidbots chart makes me feel a bit bitter that they would take the time to nerf this (even though it shouldn't have worked in the first place, who are we kidding) but not take any time to improve our spec in PVE. Oh well, hybrid class...blah blah blah...Stormlash...blah blah blah. (In Grandpa Simpsons voice: "Oh, bitch bitch bitch")

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wunhunglo View Post
    Yeah, I am relieved as well. At least I can't accidentally purge Gara'jal (instead of casting SWG) and end up stuck in my T13 gear again, LOL.

However, being down at the near bottom of almost every raidbots chart makes me feel a bit bitter that they would take the time to nerf this (even though it shouldn't have worked in the first place, who are we kidding) but not take any time to improve our spec in PVE. Oh well, hybrid class...blah blah blah...Stormlash...blah blah blah. (In Grandpa Simpsons voice: "Oh, bitch bitch bitch")
    Yeah, imo, all the damage meters should attribute stormlash totem damage to the shaman who dropped it. :P OMG SHAMAN #1 ON EVERY FIGHT, WTF. XD

I'm definitely feeling the pressure, though. Pre-5.1 I was struggling to keep up with our other DPS because of a 463 weapon that wouldn't die (I'd been #1 DPS on nearly every fight at the beginning of the tier). I just got a 503 weapon last night and now I'm up in the top ranks again, but just barely, and certainly not #1. It feels crappy to be unable to pull ahead even with superior gear. :\

I wouldn't be so happy, if you're topping the meters as an ele, you should talk with your fellow raiders and tell them they're doing something terribly wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hirri View Post
    I wouldn't be so happy, if you're topping the meters as an ele, you should talk with your fellow raiders and tell them they're doing something terribly wrong.
    The top of the DPS pack is only separated from us by about 2k average DPS (mages/rogues/locks obviously are the exceptions), so an ele being near the top can easily be attributed to gear differences and tiny variations of human error.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...14/60/default/

In fact, if you look back two weeks, elemental was clearly at the top of the average pack, which probably means that we're scaling pretty poorly with gear and Blizzard is going to need to buff us significantly for the next tier or we're going to drop off the face of the earth.
    Last edited by Eruionmel; 2012-11-28 at 11:12 PM.

Yea, you're right in terms of 10 men, 25 men however are a completly different story.

Still works for paladins <3
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Still works for paladins <3
    I find that pretty fucked up, considering the Paladin bonus is so much more powerful compared to the Shaman one.

To be honest, I'm thankful that it got fixed, the 30% haste was good, but there have been a few times where a Boomkin pulls early, and I get stuck in resto gear, which is a problem as Enhance.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    I find that pretty fucked up, considering the Paladin bonus is so much more powerful compared to the Shaman one.

To be honest, I'm thankful that it got fixed, the 30% haste was good, but there have been a few times where a Boomkin pulls early, and I get stuck in resto gear, which is a problem as Enhance.
    It was a problem as ele too. I got caught only once (our guild has excellent countdowns) and it was like 15k DPS difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    The top of the DPS pack is only separated from us by about 2k average DPS (mages/rogues/locks obviously are the exceptions), so an ele being near the top can easily be attributed to gear differences and tiny variations of human error.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...14/60/default/

In fact, if you look back two weeks, elemental was clearly at the top of the average pack, which probably means that we're scaling pretty poorly with gear and Blizzard is going to need to buff us significantly for the next tier or we're going to drop off the face of the earth.

Now look at http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...14/60/default/
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    More reason to raid 10 man?

Deleted
    Has anyone else the problem that not only Timewalker (4p T13 resto buff) but also Spiritwalker's Grace is stripped from your character once you enter combat?

Additionally it is still a (quite small) damage buff since your precast is way faster thus meaning half of a second more pot uptime in combat and if i watched it correctly on the dummies your first cast (FS) is still hastened (more ticks, more LvB proccs)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismaire View Post
    Has anyone else the problem that not only Timewalker (4p T13 resto buff) but also Spiritwalker's Grace is stripped from your character once you enter combat?

Additionally it is still a (quite small) damage buff since your precast is way faster thus meaning half of a second more pot uptime in combat and if i watched it correctly on the dummies your first cast (FS) is still hastened (more ticks, more LvB proccs)
    Yes, that's how they fixed it. They made it remove the buff when you switch the set. Which is why you can't use it for your pre-cast or FS, since it's already removed when you're doing those.

Deleted
    Checked it yesterday for four hours of raiding and some hours on the dummies. It does NOT remove the buff immediately when switching but when you enter combat (edit: or after a few seconds as well as it seems).

The buffs remains until your first spells hits. => your precast is shorter (like it was before)
    And according to the ticks of FS it stills gets the haste BEFORE you enter combat. So you get more ticks and possibly more LvB proccs.
    Last edited by mmoc3ed8fc2f9b; 2012-11-29 at 03:07 PM. Reason: added something in first paragraph

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismaire View Post
    Checked it yesterday for four hours of raiding and some hours on the dummies. It does NOT remove the buff immediately when switching but when you enter combat (edit: or after a few seconds as well as it seems).

The buffs remains until your first spells hits. => your precast is shorter (like it was before)
    And according to the ticks of FS it stills gets the haste BEFORE you enter combat. So you get more ticks and possibly more LvB proccs.
    Huh. Well then. Guess it's back to doing the annoying switch, although I'll have to position more carefully since I won't have SWG to start. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post

Hahh. I never even realized that bug was present, and i still got pretty high top 10 rankings on some fights!
    To be quite honest, i'll never understand why you guys even WANT to take advantage of something like this. It's obviously a bug, so why kid yourself.

Edit: This thread is acually about deliberately circumventing game mechanics to abuse a bug.. Realy guys.. REALY? We're Shamans. Not Mages abusing some spellsteal on trash or whatnot. Have some pride in your class!
    Last edited by Tides; 2012-11-29 at 03:59 PM.

it is good that this was fixed. even if it has a small impact but it was showing elemental in a better spot as it really is because of this. at the end it isn't that much difference i am sure but just to mention it.