Thread: Explain this

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewwindeeps View Post
    So tell me then, what class is actually a counter to a warrior if mages aren't? I can't think of one. Every class needs a counter. Hunters and ferals are pretty hard counters to mages at the moment.
    Exactly. Personally I cant think of any other class either.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Warriors are still really good, so I don't see why you're complaining.
    At first I was like ''oh... warrior thread.. /exi--'' then I saw your little friend Konata! ばんざい!

    BIT off-topic, but what the meh :d

  3. #23
    Warriors not viable in arena? WindWalker monks say hi.

  4. #24
    i think nerfing warrior was ok, but i disagree gliph of gag order, maybe they should change it in to a heroic throw interrupt, and not a silence, just for not killing warriors utility at all.. avatar was too op, it was a 20 seconds freedom, that was god mode, but now, breacking snares or movement impair effects it´s fine, makes yo think a lot more when is the best opportuty to use your CD´s... im just level 71 with my first character in wow, warrior obviously, and i love it. Blizzard just make sure you are not going to kill warriors pls, they are fine this way, DO NOT KILL US .. that´s my opinion, and sorry 'bout my english it´s not my mother tongue.

  5. #25
    Didn't mages get a little nerfing as well to their aoe slows/roots?

    And it's totally possible that you, not only as a warrior, but also as an individual wow player are having trouble with one class. I think I remember reading that mages can be hard counter to warriors, but that class might be giving you trouble just because you are who you are. As a feral, I myself have had a lot of trouble with shadow priests (no clue why), I have a hunter buddy who can't get beat locks. You could do some research into mages. Getting to know your enemy and whatnot. It may give you more understanding into how they beat you.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikend View Post
    I want to see someone defend Frost mages...warriors got nerfed to where we cant be viable in arena. but the mobility of mages dmg and control is so out of whack
    LOL. /10 characters.

  7. #27
    HAHAHAHA a warrior complaining about mages...god forbid you have ONE counter class...Warriors are so absurd in current form against all melee and casters that fear....Bad warriors are rolling to high ratings...if you aren't then wow...I got into a 2v2(i know dont take it seriously) against 2 warriors...I popped IBF and every possible cooldown I could to stay alive and I still died in about 2 seconds...yea thats fair right? Stop complaining about one class being your counter. It's SUPPOSED to be that way...also it takes a lot more skill to be a good mage than a good warrior in todays wow....and in b4 people say oooo 1 shot macro for mages....you still need to know how to control your enemies as a mage...as a warrior its tie heroic strike to everything via macros and just smash your face on the keyboard...I know because I have a level 90 warrior too...as well as a mage and my mage is by far harder to win with.

  8. #28
    Correction: moronic warrior players CAN'T be viable in arena. No longer can you become a god immune to anything and everything while you decimate everything with no sense of skill. Although you can still decimate everything with no sense of skill if they ain't a frost mage.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    HAHAHAHA a warrior complaining about mages...god forbid you have ONE counter class...Warriors are so absurd in current form against all melee and casters that fear....Bad warriors are rolling to high ratings...if you aren't then wow...I got into a 2v2(i know dont take it seriously) against 2 warriors...I popped IBF and every possible cooldown I could to stay alive and I still died in about 2 seconds...yea thats fair right? Stop complaining about one class being your counter. It's SUPPOSED to be that way...also it takes a lot more skill to be a good mage than a good warrior in todays wow....and in b4 people say oooo 1 shot macro for mages....you still need to know how to control your enemies as a mage...as a warrior its tie heroic strike to everything via macros and just smash your face on the keyboard...I know because I have a level 90 warrior too...as well as a mage and my mage is by far harder to win with.
    Atm mages are far more broken than warriors. That burst every 30s is not acceptable. And I play both.

  10. #30
    Bloodsail Admiral Avada Kedavra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    MN - USA
    Posts
    1,050
    HAHA - OP not liking a taste of their own medicine? U were fine when u were a wrecking ball and we were all bitching about warriors. Now, you get to have a piece of humble pie while i sit here and eat popcorn. Your tears are like sweet sweet nectar. Just to be clear, i feel absolutely ZERO sympathy. In fact, i would go as far as to say this thread brings me joy and that warm fuzzy feeling you get when warriors QQ.

    That is all.

  11. #31
    You still have the highest representation of all classes. I'm sorry but you are totally fine, actually still a bit stronger than others.

    Here is the class distribution of all classes in 3v3 arena, left column being 2200+ distrubution and the right column is global distrubution. All information is taken from worldofwargraphs.

    Warrior 19.9/10.3
    Warlock 5.3/7
    Shaman 13.9/8.6
    Rogue 1.2/5.5
    Priest 8.8/9.7
    Paladin 14.6/12.4
    Monk 0.3/3.5
    Mage 10.3/9.3
    Hunter 9.8/10.8
    Druid 12.1/11.5
    Dk 3.7/10.3

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikend View Post
    I want to see someone defend Frost mages...warriors got nerfed to where we cant be viable in arena. but the mobility of mages dmg and control is so out of whack
    Are, are you serious?

  13. #33
    This game isnt warriors vs mages. Because you cant 1v1 them does not mean you are not viable, infact they are still really good.

    That being said I think mages need some nerfs. Their damage is over the top.
    I think its kinda silly they hotfix rape locks, yet leave mages untouched. The whole idea that their burst is designed around a stun is a bad idea to start...
    imo what made warriors so dangerous last patch was how they could stun into a blanket silence, while having huge dmg and mobility on top of it.
    Mages are just as bad. I wish frostbomb was made to not crit on frozen targets.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 11:18 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Darcyn View Post
    You still have the highest representation of all classes. I'm sorry but you are totally fine, actually still a bit stronger than others.

    Here is the class distribution of all classes in 3v3 arena, left column being 2200+ distrubution and the right column is global distrubution. All information is taken from worldofwargraphs.

    Warrior 19.9/10.3
    Warlock 5.3/7
    Shaman 13.9/8.6
    Rogue 1.2/5.5
    Priest 8.8/9.7
    Paladin 14.6/12.4
    Monk 0.3/3.5
    Mage 10.3/9.3
    Hunter 9.8/10.8
    Druid 12.1/11.5
    Dk 3.7/10.3
    This was mainly before the patch, so I wouldnt say this is fair to base it on now. Warriors were insane at the start, so its easy to see why there were so many. They are still good, but this isnt an accurate way to say " warriors are the best class since they have the most seen in arena before patch".

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 11:22 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    HAHA - OP not liking a taste of their own medicine? U were fine when u were a wrecking ball and we were all bitching about warriors. Now, you get to have a piece of humble pie while i sit here and eat popcorn. Your tears are like sweet sweet nectar. Just to be clear, i feel absolutely ZERO sympathy. In fact, i would go as far as to say this thread brings me joy and that warm fuzzy feeling you get when warriors QQ.

    That is all.
    This stupid logic gives me cancer, thinking like this is a part of why balance is so shitty. Rdruids were terribad last season, does that mean they should be gods now? I suppose rshammys shouldnt be viable next patch, and we should give all the rouges free vial.2 or powers that one shot us!

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 11:25 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    HAHAHAHA a warrior complaining about mages...god forbid you have ONE counter class...Warriors are so absurd in current form against all melee and casters that fear....Bad warriors are rolling to high ratings...if you aren't then wow...I got into a 2v2(i know dont take it seriously) against 2 warriors...I popped IBF and every possible cooldown I could to stay alive and I still died in about 2 seconds...yea thats fair right? Stop complaining about one class being your counter. It's SUPPOSED to be that way...also it takes a lot more skill to be a good mage than a good warrior in todays wow....and in b4 people say oooo 1 shot macro for mages....you still need to know how to control your enemies as a mage...as a warrior its tie heroic strike to everything via macros and just smash your face on the keyboard...I know because I have a level 90 warrior too...as well as a mage and my mage is by far harder to win with.
    You really must be bad at your warrior if you think thats all thats involved. What they have no control? Mages dont counter just warriors, they are extremely strong against other classes as well. Mages are much to strong right now and need to be toned down, especially since hunt/war/lock and all hybrid heals now have.


    Can we please stop posting things along the lines of "LOL SUCK IT WARRIORS" /diehard mage defenders/ another 60 people saying "warriors arent viable? LOL" ( missing any point of a possible discussion) and actually have a discussion about the state of warriors and mages in pvp? The OPs point was to ask why mages havnt gotten nerfed when warriors, hunters, locks, and hybrids all have. Just get past the " warriors not being viable" and actually post constructively...
    Last edited by Myci; 2012-12-04 at 04:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

    Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikend View Post
    Its not about one shots... with the avatar nerf + gag order nerf theres no way to catch a mage and when you do he blinks..i get every class has a hard counter but should it really be that far sided? i still love my warrior and will continue to play him. just irritating to see a mage just lol3spells and win
    I hate to refer to the L2P argument, but your argument is beyond stupid. Warriors are extremely viable in arena right now, veev streams nearly daily and he is rank 1 (and active) during 5.1 - warriors still do INSANE DAMAGE. He is playing with an enhance shaman and he literally laughs against frost mages, in one CC duration he can decimate a mage in a matter of seconds.

    The game isn't balanced around 1on1. Against a good mage you may lose 1on1, although most mages are derp derp idiots who will let you blow your cooldowns on them.

    As I said, even with the nerfs - warriors do absolutely retarded damage. Warrior has turned from a graceful class in years prior where you could easily tell the difference between an 1800 and 2200 warrior - to a drooling idiot mongo class who can trinket the first thing while blowing all their cooldowns, and often still get a kill.
    Last edited by velnis; 2012-12-04 at 04:51 PM.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikend View Post
    warriors got nerfed to where we cant be viable in arena.
    Stopped reading.

  16. #36
    Pit Lord Malgru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My computer chair
    Posts
    2,407
    play an ele and then complain about viability

    i don't even play a shaman and i feel bad for them

  17. #37
    Warlocks got nerfed on their main damage spells

    What about frost mages, Blizzard´s favorite creation?

    They clearly don´t want any other caster to compete with mages, pvp wise

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    This was mainly before the patch, so I wouldnt say this is fair to base it on now. Warriors were insane at the start, so its easy to see why there were so many. They are still good, but this isnt an accurate way to say " warriors are the best class since they have the most seen in arena before patch".
    I agree that numbers are not %100 realistic because of campers from 5.0. But I'm sure that your represantation wont go under %13 at 2200+ which is totally fine as you global represantation is 10,3.

  19. #39
    Dreadlord ipoststuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    828
    Shockwave cooldown needs to be nerfed to at least 30 seconds. Warriors are still too strong, mages are just the most OP atm. Doesnt mean warriors need a buff.

  20. #40
    Being a DK ( a horribad pvp-dk with next to no skill at the class, i might add), i don't think any kind of mage is hard to play against. Being imune/almost immune to damage, able to doublepull, slow them down, stealing spells, debuff them, ranged stun them etc.
    So with ops logic, not being top of all classes, there's no problem with frost mages.
    But again, i'm bad, so i mostly meet bad mages.

    Hard to take a thread serious when it's a warrior saying they are no longer viable, because his counterclass suddenly _can_ counter him :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •