Thread: Explain this

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Explain this

I want to see someone defend Frost mages...warriors got nerfed to where we cant be viable in arena. but the mobility of mages dmg and control is so out of whack

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikend View Post
    I want to see someone defend Frost mages...warriors got nerfed to where we cant be viable in arena. but the mobility of mages dmg and control is so out of whack
    Not be viable in arena, what the fuck?

Deleted
    Avatar nerf does not break the warrior, they will still be very viable with people who don't pop oneshot macro's and expect to tunnel the target into its death.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Avatar nerf does not break the warrior, they will still be very viable with people who don't pop oneshot macro's and expect to tunnel the target into its death.
    Note: Avatar nerf barely changes Warrior as nearly all of them were running with Shamans or Paladins, both of which have freedoms.

Second note: Oneshot macros still work with t2 fully upgraded weapons and 3 stacked TfB, just get the class you're playing with to blanket silence after they trinket the shockwave instead of using gag order.

Its not about one shots... with the avatar nerf + gag order nerf theres no way to catch a mage and when you do he blinks..i get every class has a hard counter but should it really be that far sided? i still love my warrior and will continue to play him. just irritating to see a mage just lol3spells and win

Deleted
    Its not about one shots... with the avatar nerf + gag order nerf theres no way to catch a mage and when you do he blinks..i get every class has a hard counter but should it really be that far sided? i still love my warrior and will continue to play him. just irritating to see a mage just lol3spells and win
    Warrior is not supposed to beat mages if equally skilled, but mages needs to be toned down a bit tbh.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-11-28 at 09:30 PM.

Warrior is not supposed to beat mages if equally skilled
    says who? Did 2 seasons of underpresentation turned the community into thinking that warriors should be free kills?
    While several seasons of mage viability turned them into entitled godmode status?

We should get rid of the stereotypes and then we might notice what is broken and what is not.

Warriors are still really good, so I don't see why you're complaining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    says who? Did 2 seasons of underpresentation turned the community into thinking that warriors should be free kills?
    While several seasons of mage viability turned them into entitled godmode status?

We should get rid of the stereotypes and then we might notice what is broken and what is not.
    Yea man warriors are broken and so incredibly underpowered. Indeed it's stupid from blizzard to nerf utility instead of the cd stacking but the gag order of pummel simply had to leave, and the avatar freedom lasted for too long. But warriors are still not shit, they can still keep incredibly easily pressure on a healer and they do a lot of dmg with all their cds.

welcome to dk class.death grip is 25 secs cooldown your charge is 12 secs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post
    welcome to dk class.death grip is 25 secs cooldown your charge is 12 secs
    Death grip is not only a gap closer, it also fucks with positioning and can be used as a interrupt in melee range, hence the slightly longer cooldown.

That is for the same reason as a melee eats priests, rogues having a hard time against ferals, DK's doing good against caster cleaves while being weaker against melee etc. Every single class have opponents they do better against, and those they perform badly against. Mage happen to be one of the classes that a warrior does worse against, spriest or a ele shaman would be a free kill for warriors.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-11-28 at 10:02 PM.

10 seasons of warrior domination didn't really effect their entitlement did it? such, short short memories.
    warriors are still completely viable, as some one mentioned, 99% of them play with paladins or shamans who can freedom for them. having a class with that much damage and control be nigh unpeelable needed to be nerfed.

the thing with mage damage vs warrior damage, is that while mage damage is a bit unreasonably high, it is also mostly predictable, unlike warrior damage can be.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

To clarify I am not necessarily complaining about warriors being underpowered. Even though I still havent played after patch - I am expecting warriors to be very viable.

My objection was regarding several stereotypes and certain expectations, like warrior should be a free kill or a mage should faceroll a warrior.

As a warrior main - when warriors are competitive against mages at equal skill levels something is wrong.

Mages are supposed to kite warriors and disable them to hell and back. Is it frustrating? Hell yes. Does it make sense? Yeah, of course it does. Warriors enjoy high mobility, respectable survivability, and insane burst damage. Someone has to be able to prevent that. Mages are supposed to counter warriors hard.

Warriors do well against Rogues, Death Knights, Priests, and Warlocks on their own. Warriors perform moderately against Shamans, Monks, Hunters, and Paladins with a little support. In the past, Warriors had difficulty with uptime on Mage teams even with substantial help. When that suddenly changes and Warriors keep their strengths over other classes that's a problem. Gag Order and Avatar were overkill in addition to general cooldown stacking, Warriors didn't need those tools in the past to be viable. Maybe at some point we'll see a Warrior blanket silence again, but it's certainly not necessary. Warriors should still be a decent pick this season because of their burst.

Given equal skill - a Mage should almost always beat a Warrior.

Edit: I'm not going to defend Frost Mages in other scenarios. I don't have a lot of PvP experience this season and can only provide anecdotes of past experience and general game design philosophy.
    Last edited by Deoxysprime; 2012-11-28 at 10:52 PM.

warriors are still on the top of the melee food chain, and mages are mages blizz developers are incompetent when it comes to pvp.

So tell me then, what class is actually a counter to a warrior if mages aren't? I can't think of one. Every class needs a counter. Hunters and ferals are pretty hard counters to mages at the moment.

Drama queen here nothing to see. Warrior "can't be viable in arena" lay the pipe down.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

10+ Year Old Account
    Not viable in arenas? Are you fucking serious? Something tells me that your one of those 1500 rated nub who whine at everything in this game. You cant global people anymore? Shit, now ur not viable anymore. Idiot.

You got a nerf to a 3 min cd, and suddenly your not viable anymore? L2p -_-

I want to see someone defend Frost mages...warriors got nerfed to where we cant be viable in arena.
    Stopped reading right there.
    You should just quit wow if warrior is too hard for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Lol what, Warriors are still fine in arena.