Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    so long ago now, but think it was something about that i was really noobish in the end of vanilla and people was always naggin on me to tank and not dps as a warrior thus i made a rogue since they seemed like the only other good melee class for me at the time=P
    so it played it through like half TBC before i started getting the pala/enh shaman up
    havent rly touched the rogue much in wotlk, cata or MoP,

10+ Year Old Account
    Extensive ganking made me become a rogue. By that I mean being ganked extensively by rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main was a paladin and as my guild switched servers I decided to reroll him as rogue as that would fit his rp personality a bit more. Tweaked his background a bit where he was a failed paladin initiate. As rogue he is less the stealthy sneaky assassin, but more the daring flashing swashbuckler.
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

10+ Year Old Account
    Started a Rogue in mid Classic because i wanted to knwo "why" a green equipped Rogue could kill me without beeing able to fight back when he had the opener. Dinged 60, did a lot of pvp and learned why the Rogueclass was so overwhelming when it came to 1v1 Situations.
    In the endeffect i crushed nearly every Rogue, exept the real good ones, in 1v1 and BG`s.

My Main is Hunter since the first day

OT: Given the actual situation a thread named "what made you quit playing a rogue?" would be more fitting...

Back to topic, i duelled a rogue back in vanilla with my pala and he literally blew me in mere seconds...

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    My main is my Paladin but my first real alt was a Rogue and since then always has been. Didn't Rogue much in TBC / WoTLK but in Vanilla and Cata those were the days <3 Nowadays... Ugh.

the fact that you could go back to stealth after you gauge and get an opener. when with a dot on you like deep wounds/corruption etc you could time it and get an additional ambush/cs/etc and doing that in vanilla seemed godlike.

I started playing during tbc, while Black Temple was on the way and first info on warglaives was coming out. Friend asked me to start playing with him and i just asked what would you recommend, he was playing hunter atm, but his first char was rogue, so he suggested rogue. I didn't know anything about any class back then so i just made one and played a while. Quickly after starting i really got hooked on reading lore and background info on the game and characters and bosses and well the history of Azeroth, eventually just being like level 20 or something ran into Illidan Stormrage coincidentally around the same time the Warglaives would be implemented in the game and i was sold at that very moment. I rushed to 70 and then all the pre MH and BT raids, with one goal in mind. Since then i've leveled nearly all the other classes to 85 except priest, i like tanking, and healing and my shaman is my second love, but it lacks one thing. The one thing which i'm still trying to get on my rogue after some ~200 lockouts without a single drop of either one, the warglaives. Pretty much why i'm still playing, believing that one day i'll get why i essentially started to play this game on the more serious base. Warriors, dks and monks could now wield them, but it wouldn't do any justice to play them, there can only be one class. Back in the beginging i was all about the how the character looked, you know rp and stuff and loothungry as ever, i've raided hardcore after that for several years and loot has lost all meaning in the game during the many hours, it's mostly about the community, except those two items which can never be settled until they lay in my bags. So in a word obsession, that's why.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2012-12-22 at 11:03 PM.

Deleted
    Combat rogue.

I started it in mid tbc during the era of mace+stuns ( bit like wars ).

Then went on and since loved combat i kept going.

It has never been my main but since i master whatever class i take , i loved bursting awesome dps in every pve enviroment .

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 08:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    OT: Given the actual situation a thread named "what made you quit playing a rogue?" would be more fitting...

Back to topic, i duelled a rogue back in vanilla with my pala and he literally blew me in mere seconds...
    Actually during classic rogues were not that bursty, especially against a pala ( supposing you were a retri ).

I could actually stand up to few classes with that broken classes, one of those being rogues.
    Last edited by mmoce0e8933f3d; 2012-12-23 at 07:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always liked the fast moving,cloak and dagger style of stealth classes. As you can see from my sig I play them in most games. Also had a rift one, aion one and any single player rpg.

That being said sadly it has been an alt for 7 years due to the fact getting a raid spot has always been a lot easier if I played a ranged class. But the day I stopped raiding a few weeks into mop it become my main.

And what isn't funnier then sapping alliance while they try to fish
    Aye mate

Legendary daggers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fotm when they were .... the "fotm". But now I don't play it. At the moment, I only play Shaman and Druid.

Deleted
    rogue used to be the most evil class, I like playing the assholes so I rolled a rogue backi nTBC

Because I have to dps and because rogues look like the most bloodthirst dps class. That hasn't changed for me. Stabity, stabity, die, die! I don't know where this inner rage comes from but rogues certainly help ease it. I was originally attracted to combat because they seemed more like an expert fighter than an assassin-type.

Though if I'm honest I'll say that I was on my mage--played since vanilla--and I posted "I'd love to be a rogue but we have one" and then that player switched classes and I ended up on my rogue. It was genius. Mages are in a pretty lovely place in their rotations whereas rogues are...yeah... I laugh at myself but I am enjoying my rogue for the most part.

I suppose what also attracted me was simply that rogues seemed to push the top of dps charts with consistancy--but that still doesn't explain why I enjoy stabbing things more than just blowing them up with magic. Vanish was once kind of stunning (before every boss AoEd you out of stealth). And stealth really is an amazing way to solve outdoor problems.

Back in classic, people said that rogues did the most (single target) damage of all classes.

Daddar made a video wrecking havoc in Ironforge.

Deleted
    I wanted to try a sneaky, shadowy player, got to 72 and decided I don't like them hahah

Quote Originally Posted by InFlames- View Post
    Basically I really liked the storyline in warcraft3 and made a night elf , I wanted to weild the warglaives so I made a rogue , I was a male

Exactly this ,Illidan always made me shiver when i saw him in wc3 + the expansion.Also i played Lineage 2 before WoW as a Treasure Hunter and the whole think with the ability to switch talents and wear daggers as well as the warglaives really applied to me , not to mention the unique resource system Energy and combo points seemed really fluid.

A zombie assassin? Whats not to love? When i first started playing that combination just jumped out at me.

I watched Reckful 3. I was considering rogue.
    then i watch nao champion Rzn and Original get rank 1 with double rogue.
    After that it was a done deal rogue was fun and strong. What more could i ask for?