Anyone have any idea why Blizzard ruined Elegion?

Here is what I put up on wow forums and cbf re-typing: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200302632

Essentially, I'm wondering why Blizzard reduced Elegion, the Fanged Crescent's model size by 50% and added enchant glow to it when it already has a very unique glow effect of shooting stars.

Seriously, I loved this weapon and just had to transmog over it.

Who exactly does this change help? Why in the hell would you bother doing this? It wasn't even very large/glowy to begin with!

Any thoughts, complaints or speculation?

My money is on them personally hating me having a good time. What other logical explanation is there?

Deleted
    Used it on a Tauren? it looked really awkward and when sheathed it went through their faces, at least on the male.

I for one am thankful for the change and think it looks much better now

Do you have it unenchanted? Because if you think the enchant glow is better than the unique glow effect then our differences are irreconcilable.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 09:29 AM ----------

Windsong in particular.

15+ Year Old Account
    News at 11, people have different tastes in fashion.

News at 11, this isn't fashion.

Deleted
    Truthfully I spend more time hitting things with the axe than looking at it in fine detail, and I have it enchanted with river's song. The overall aesthetics of the axe look much better to me now than before the patch. Here's what it looks like on my warrior http://i.imgur.com/VlQiU.jpg (ingame) vs armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Loxin/advanced - admitedly i don't have it on heroic cause it hasnt dropped once in 6 elegon heroic kills +5 coins, but I don't think it would look bad

news at 11, my butt itches

Yeah that's coz riversong matches. You lucked out.

Unfortunately dodge is shit for pally tanks, so I'm stuck with a banana glowing star axe which looks like a horrible fusion of conflicting design decisions.

... and is small.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the only weapon they changed.

I was quite happy when I got Jin'ya, Orb of the Waterspeaker...loved the green, spinning glowy ball on a stick with the bubble effect coming off it. Yesterday after the patch I logged on to find it suddenly a purple and black ball with black steam coming off it, looking like they burnt the staff it's on. I know they're trying to make it look sha-touched but I seriously liked it better before.

I'm also wondering why they changed the weapons graphics on some of these.

The irony being that I got two Ret weapons last night from LFR, both Shin'ka and Starshatter.

So my ret set has awesome looking weapons overnight and my prot says has an awful looking weapon overnight.

Role reversal, obviously the game is telling to respec.

Do you happen to have a before and after pic so I can see what this huge difference is that you are talking about?

Hmm unfortunately I do not. Armory is awful at showing these things. I have a before shot of a raid down with my weapon equipped?

The after is about 50% of the size, going from a big axe to a tiny hand axe, and the Windsong glow doesn't fit so there is a central yellow glow which doesnt touch the edges and extends past the tip of the new model.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 10:04 AM ----------

If you look at the screenshots on this link you get a good idea of the size it was on blood elfs and the natural glow effect.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86130#screenshots:id=328148

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    Do you happen to have a before and after pic so I can see what this huge difference is that you are talking about?
    this please
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

I'm at work so I can't log-in unfortunately.

Can anyone help a brother out? Even just try it on so people can see the new size for blood elves (and smaller races).

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 10:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    You happily ignored the stuff he mentioned about it going through his face.
    No I didn't. I accepted that the size change was made for obvious reasons and so moved my argument to the other issue which is as yet unexplained.

10+ Year Old Account
    You happily ignored the stuff he mentioned about it going through his face.
    Tons of one-handers go through tauren faces while sheathed. It's been like that forever. I would rather they adjust the sheathing of them than reduce their size, especially since more recent weapons are already a lot smaller than older ones. >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw. what are the rules for what gets sheated normally (waist) and what gets sheated on your back?
    There are no rules, blizzard determines that.

First rule of Blizzards rules - THERE ARE NO RULES!!!
    Second rule - no outside food.

... I'm also still angry.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 10:23 AM ----------

Well you kinda bypassed it but anyways, I agree with that enchants shouldn't be showing on weapons with existing effects.
    Bypassed and moved [around] are synonyms. I assumed my lack of argument would be taken as indicating that I had no wish to argue the point. In future I will try and be more clear.