Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    I love that I can kill sharks by running them over with a jet ski.
    A million times this!

Anyways. Very much enjoying the game. I find it awesome that I can lead scary predators into outposts, sit back and lol. Though, on the other side of the coin, I did nearly shit myself when I was outside of another outpost lining up a bow shot...and I hear a growl directly behind me. T_T

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    wait until you get the .50 cal rifle...
    Yeah, picked that puppy up and was like holy crap! Was wondering if the game had a weapon like that.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Just beat it, game is so amazing! 10/10 in my book.

Deleted
    Took me a while to get into it. The outposts and towers were fun at first but got tedious when I neared the end of them, Story was right up until the end which personally I didn't like but all in all a really good game.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 07:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I've noticed the outposts are becoming alot harder to liberate without being detected now that I am on the second island, my previous tactic of bow spam is becoming obsolete with all the heavys roaming around, getting up close and personal to take them out can be a pain.
    Mines and C4! Use of the caged animals is useful as well. Had a tiger that took out 3 heavies in its life.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 07:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    My main gripe with this game is I hate the characters I am trying to save, I would rather watch them die... They are the type of people I hate lol

I'm finding the game rather repetitive as well, so I have grown bored of it for the mean time, I will complete it at one point because it is still a great game.
    I ran into much and such the same problem at times but I took a break for a few days and played other games and came back to Far Cry and it was like a new game all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    My main gripe with this game is I hate the characters I am trying to save, I would rather watch them die... They are the type of people I hate lol
    I was thinking the same thing. Your older brother at the beginning (forgot his name) was a very cool guy trough, but the rest of the characters are just spoiled rich kids. I would've rather joined Vaas to eliminate them all

10+ Year Old Account
    I read the bit where they tried to defend the story. Didn't float for me. They should have just gone with betrayed merc or something.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I got this game for Christmas and god is it good, I've never played any other Far Cry's but i really love Far Cry 3. I just got past the mission where you burn the fields of weed, and damn was it awesome. Definatly the best moment in any game I have ever played, you get to play with a flamethrower, torch hundreds of thousands of dollars of weed, and before you know it the game is playing damien marley and jacob is shaking he's so stoned. Just crazy. My only complaint is that after creating items through crafting there is almost no use of animal skins, and syringes don't really serve a purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Far Cry Experience

Probably has been linked already but I just found out that Ubisoft had made an official mini series for marketing Far Cry 3. I watched the trailer and expect the rest of it to be quite hilarious.
    Thats a pretty awesome mini serie, just watched the 4 episodes. Vaas was the one who shot Bambi's mom... no wonder he's such an evil villain.

The extra mini serie along the game reminds me of the Bright Fall mini series from Alan Wake. They were just as short, but it is still an amazing show to watch:

Bought it 2 days ago, loving it so far. 812 hours in the game, I just rescued my girlfriend (forgot her name already, sleep isn't good) and doing sidemissions and collecting chests/relics now.
    It's a really amazing game. The only thing I find mildly annoying are the sounds from animals/people, sometimes you can hear them from miles away as if they're standing right in front/behind of you.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2013-01-04 at 08:33 AM.

So I've just finished the game, incoming spoilers that I'll black out because I'm so nice:

At the end I got the option to either choose my future with my friends or with Citra. I decided to go with my friends, they were still a lot more important to me. After all that time saving their asses... it would be a huge waste to be killing them off anyway. Turned out it was also the ''good'' ending.

I was curious how the other ending goes, but instead of replaying it I just watched the clip on Youtube. Seems you'll end up getting killed by Citra after making her pregnant, that was really a bitch move if you ask me... while in the friends ending, she's actually sacrificing herself to save you from Dennis. Seems that she was only interested in my seed, and once she got it I was useless to her.

Still glad I chosed the friends ending. And f*** Dennis for trying to kill me after clearing out the entire island for his people.

Which ending did you people choose?

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I just got to the 2nd island I'm going back and getting all the relics and letters on the first island. I could play this game all day.

Deleted
    Everybody seems to be hating tigers .. I love them!

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Far Cry. The Take downs were by far, the best part about the game. The story really kept me going through it, I beat the game with about 27 hours played according to steam, a couple of those were the co-op campaign though. The crafting system was pretty meaningless though, I enjoyed the game a lot more after I finished making all my containers.

I did a full, detailed review of the game for those that still aren't sure if it is a game for them. I was drawn in by the "Skyrim with Guns" slogan but don't be tricked by that, it really isn't.

Review Here: http://namelsreviews.hubpages.com/hu...through-Review

Deleted
    Hey Guys, just got re-directed to this post, anyone got ideas of the best 4 guns to go around with?

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally went with the silenced sniper (second one i think?), the silenced SMG (unlocked from getting a bunch of relics i think) or pistol, for the third slot it depended, sometimes i took the rpg/grenade launcher, sometimes i took the 50 cal sniper. As for the forth slot i generally went with the bow, though other guns would most likely be better, but nothing beats the bow in terms of fun

Can't remember the weapon names, i'll check later on.

1. M700 Silenced Sniper
    2. Shadow (Silenced pistol) or Shredder (Silenced SMG, basically a Vector but better)
    3. Rpg/Grenade launcher or AMR (50 cal, basically a better Z93).
    4. Bow
    Last edited by Solidito; 2013-01-13 at 12:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to say.... HOW THE FUCK DOES A TIGER TAKE 4 SHOTS TO THE HEAD WITH MY SNIPER RIFLE AND NOT DIE. Other than that... it's a pretty awesome game and seeing all the random stuff that happens is really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome one View Post
    Hey Guys, just got re-directed to this post, anyone got ideas of the best 4 guns to go around with?
    Gather relics until you get 20 of them and then you unlock a .50 cal sniper with explosive rounds (AMR). At 10 memory cards you get a silenced Vector (Shredder) that is arguably the best gun in the game.

1. Shredder - Special Vector
    2. AMR - Explosive .50 cal
    3. M93 Silenced
    4. Bow

The AMR is to just destroy anything. It blows up vehicles in 2 shots and kills everyone in a vehicle in one shot.
    The Shredder is just stupid sick from the hip or even ADS and it's silenced.
    The M93 silenced is for undetected range camp takeovers.
    The bow is just because it's fucking awesome (explosive/flaming arrows).

I finished the game, and am currently using:

1. ACE
    2. Z93
    3. Recurve bow
    4. Vector .45 ACP

The ACE is my regular gun, its easy to loot ammo from the enemy for it. Z93 is as far as I know the best sniper rifle, sadly it has no silent attachement trough. I use the Recurve bow to silently kill enemies from a distant, and the Vector for quick & silent killings.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    I just want to say.... HOW THE FUCK DOES A TIGER TAKE 4 SHOTS TO THE HEAD WITH MY SNIPER RIFLE AND NOT DIE. Other than that... it's a pretty awesome game and seeing all the random stuff that happens is really cool.
    Your probably using a weak sniper rifle. With the best sniper rifle in game (in special weapons), I can one shot everything with a headshot :P
    Last edited by McNeil; 2013-01-13 at 11:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    was thinking about getting FarCry 3 this week so was just checking and after having a good bit of play time was curious how many people would recommend it.