Archaeology turnin change?

Would love some independent verification on this. Might be chance, but...

I turned in artifacts today and got a Pristine artifact. (Two in a row, yay!)

However, when I used the crates to buy Tol'vir artifacts, an interesting thing happened. All three crates contained not only Tol'vir fragments, but a Tol'vir Heiroglyphic as well. I've probably turned in 100 of these crates to date and never seen a single item like that.

Is this an existing behavior that I just got wild luck streaks on, or is this an undocumented change?
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Deleted
    Damn you, just wanted to get to bed. Now I gotta log back on and try that...

Edit: Just dug up a few quick fragments and had 3 crates without any Hieroglyphics...
    Last edited by mmoc7168d263de; 2012-11-28 at 11:54 PM.

Well, sorry to disrupt your sleep

Has everyone else been getting quest items all along, then? Or is it a new thing, but not 100%?

The pristine ones? I got a couple before patch.

I also never saw keystones in the crates, but I turned in way less than 100.

Pristine is not a new thing, but keystones seems are.

Received my first keystone yesterday and I turned in quite a few artifacts (150+) and spent them all on Tol'Vir crates. Can't tell if it's just coincidence that my first crate since the patch contained a keystone or not.

The Pristine ones definately aren't anything new, they are just kind of rare. But if you did a decent amount of Archaeology, you'll find quite a few. Getting pristines for all is a bit more difficult...

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Received my first keystone yesterday and I turned in quite a few artifacts (150+) and spent them all on Tol'Vir crates. Can't tell if it's just coincidence that my first crate since the patch contained a keystone or not.

The Pristine ones definately aren't anything new, they are just kind of rare. But if you did a decent amount of Archaeology, you'll find quite a few. Getting pristines for all is a bit more difficult...
    So it seems like keystones may be a new addition to the purchased crates in patch 5.1, just not at 100% drop rate.

Cool!

I've seen keystones prior to the patch, they're just not very common.