Thread: [BM] HoF Trash

[BM] HoF Trash

Today in LFR, I was extremely frustrated by the fact that I died on almost all trash pack pull before first boss, and packs before Garalon.

I would throw Dizzying Haze, BoF then SpC, but I always find myself dead before I could use Fortifying Brew along with Guard after I apply a stack of TP to gained a buffed Guard. So I ended up running in with guard up or FB popped in hope that it will help me with the initial pull.

Healers or few people in LFR would just make comments about me being a terrible tank and all of that.

This kind of stuff clearly make me little annoyed, so I'm just trying to understand if I'm doing it wrong or is Monk just not that great at AoE pulls, and I have to play a little better? Or is it just people in LFR being ignorant?

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gamurim/simple

I always try and keep up with latest BrM changes and all of that. I only posted armory link, just in case that folks might ask.
    Last edited by Noventforme; 2012-11-29 at 12:08 AM.

the shield master add stuns for 5 sec. if you are tanking all mobs, you will die unless really good healers. cos monk tanks is really vulnerable to stuns compared to plate tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Noventforme View Post
    I would throw Dizzying Haze, BoF then SpC
    This is the problem. Where is BoK for Shuffle? It's your first priority, no Shuffle means you will die very fast. Start with Keg Smash and Blackout Kick, Jab twice for Guard and then do whatever you want to hold AoE threat while keeping Shuffle up. Stop using BoF and SCK is dead last on tank priorities unless you want to just damage not keep yourself alive.
    Last edited by Photek; 2012-11-29 at 01:28 AM.

Deleted
    They stun and deply debuff up to 100% reduced armor if I'm not mistaken. Don't think I've ever seen a clear of trash before first boss without at least 1 tank dieing. Ask for external healer cooldowns (pain suppression and the likes) and AoE stuns. Try and get some stacks of shuffle up before they stun you too much, will do way more than a guard. Also try not tank them alone, split them up or ask for CC from dps, and warn healers to be prepared to spam you. In case you don't want to be yelled at for being a horrible tank, wait till other tank goes first then grab a few off him (and watch as he dies as well ^^).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Photek View Post
    This is the problem. Where is BoK for Shuffle? It's your first priority, no Shuffle means you will die very fast. Start with Keg Smash and Blackout Kick, Jab twice for Guard and then do whatever you want to hold AoE threat while keeping Shuffle up. Stop using BoF and SCK is dead last on tank priorities unless you want to just damage not keep yourself alive.
    This. Never SpC without Shuffle up, never.

Tank deaths are common if your're tanking a lot of other mobs together with a Shield Master, doesn't matter if ur a warrior or whatever, thanks to the stun and sunder armor as mentioned above. Best thing to do here is have 1 tank pick up the shield masters and the other tank the rest, cuz the shield masters themselves don't do that much damage IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Photek View Post

Yeah, but I only meant to take an initial aggro and I died to taking a massive % of aggro from adds before I could get BoK off. But yeah, you're still correct, my good sir.