Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.

Red face Apple sues small german café

Able to tell which logo belongs to whom? If not, this might actually make some sense:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2DYo9F1UZ

A small café in Germany has been told that its red apple logo with the face of a child in it is forbidden fruit.

The warning has been fired by U.S. computer giant Apple at a small café in Bonn called Apfelkind.

The café’s owner, Christin Römer, has made a trademark application for her logo, which Apple has demanded she withdraws – but the electronics goliath has a battle on its hands, because Ms Romer is standing firm.

She opened her café in May and received a letter last month from the California-based firm telling her that it believed her customers would become confused between its world-famous logo and hers.
    Maybe it's due to the recent legal battles with Samsung that has made our favorite fruit a bit stingy?

What do you think about this?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Since it's based in Germany - hence it's not American "semi-retarded" law, i'm pretty sure apple can fuck off.

That might be wishful thinking though.

Deleted
    Just for that, if I'd have a company, I'd make its logo an apple. Seriously, are they trademarking the shape of a fruit now? What the hell?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lol that's kinda sad if Apple is suing over a logo, not to mention who would get confused with Apple's white logo vs a cafés red logo that doesn't look a thing like Apples.

Deleted
    Intelligence is has limits. Stupidity is boundless.

Deleted
    Why do they even think this is a good idea? Surely they understand that this just damages their image, or do they think it's a good publicity stunt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Apple is retarded. The two logos are very different and Apple most certainly does not have a monopoly on apples.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    That's it. Now Apple just has to die.

It needs to be wiped off the face of the planet for good.

Can't wait for the day they go bankrupt.

That day will be the best day of my life. Or wait....yes I was right, the best day of my life.

If they can copyright a fucking rectangle with buttons, I guess they can copyright a fruit (at least in the United States).

I doubt this shit flies in Germany though.

Deleted
    Apple is the product of a socially retarded man called "Steve Jobs". The guy would fire employees working there for 20 years for looking at him "in a way he did not like". Ofcourse the company suits its owner.

This is soooooooooooo old, and was posted here too lol...
    CPU:i5-3570k@0,930V MB:ASUS P8Z77-V GPU:GTX 680 Lightning RAM:8GB DDR3 1600

i hope this shit gets shot down. apple doesnt own any generic image of any apple. the images dont even look alike. really hoping german courts tell apple to fuck off here

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I would assume they did this just so she changes the logo like a small cafe owner would want to spend the time, money, and effort it would take to get this dropped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Apple is the product of a socially retarded man called "Steve Jobs". The guy would fire employees working there for 20 years for looking at him "in a way he did not like". Ofcourse the company suits its owner.
    Yea, he really ran that company into the ground. Oh wait....

Both are apples, that's where the similarities end. Also the cafe logo is clever, Apple's logo is not. The funny thing is, if you type in apple logo cafe into a search engine there are a bunch of cafe logos with an apple. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not know Apple invented the apple. I guess you never stop learning.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Last edited by Penguintamer; 2012-11-29 at 12:51 AM.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Funny if Apple started suing greengrocers for selling unauthorised apple products.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post
    Funny if Apple started suing greengrocers for selling unauthorised apple products.
    they might have a case against the entirety of washington state!

Deleted
    This is beyond retarded, honestly what the fudge?

Edit; ahh Daily Mail, gonna take this with a grain of salt.