Thread: Heroic Space

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    ...the possibility of having a truly epic space experience is slipping away from people.
    This I agree with. As time passes without info the less likely the SPSS exists. I just don't think it's omission from a blog about space missions we knew months ago had nothing to do with the SPSS is a reason for pessimism. However, the more time passes without BW mentioning the SPSS the more my hope dwindles.

On an upbeat note the new missions are actually quite fun. I believe we'll find out more about the SPSS tonight. Well, I hope we do.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    SPSS = what?
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Space project super lie? oh wait... no... what does that last s stand for...
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Wow....the super secret space stuff was mentioned right from the start, hell even in closed beta...and this is it? Sad

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It might be the French abbreviation.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    Wow....the super secret space stuff was mentioned right from the start, hell even in closed beta...and this is it? Sad
    No this is 6 space missions unrelated to that.

However, many of us question the super secret space project.

I hope they say something on decemeber 20th about it.

Deleted
    OK, it's not AS bad as I 1st thought then, cheers

Deleted
    Ok new news just in on the SSSP, YAY!!!

How is the super space project doing? Does it exist?

Schubert: Oh, it exists.
    Hickman: I was actually playing what you're talking about yesterday, running through the prototype demo. I wish I could give you details. It's great. It's a departure from our current space game. We have a team dedicated to working on it. But it is far out in the future. You won't hear anything about it any time soon.
    Schubert: It is under wraps. It is a lot of fun. It's definitely not anything we've shipped in the original product.

Finally some uptodate info. Why they needed to wait for my question before letting us know I have no clue.

Deleted
    From the live stream that happened in the last 30 minutes.

Q: How is the super space project doing? Does it exist? Schubert: Oh, it exists. Hickman: I was actually playing what you're talking about yesterday, running through the prototype demo. I wish I could give you details. It's great. It's a departure from our current space game. We have a team dedicated to working on it. But it is far out in the future. You won't hear anything about it any time soon. Schubert: It is under wraps. It is a lot of fun. It's definitely not anything we've shipped in the original product.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    So... like I suspected, something to look for in an expansion. Got it. Moving on.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    So... like I suspected, something to look for in an expansion. Got it. Moving on.
    hmm:
    running through the prototype demo
    it is far out in the future. You won't hear anything about it any time soon
    More like something that will never be created. A prototype demo? That sounds like they have matchbox space ships and are throwing out ideas while they zoom them around in the air.

Not to mention that they said this exact same BS the first time they talked about it. So really, no progress has been made at all. They can't even specifically say it won't be on rails. That's how bad the situation is. I wasn't even trying to be negative with my post, since I was fine with it starting to grow from the rail shooter, but this 'update' just makes everything look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post

Hickman: I was actually playing what you're talking about yesterday, running through the prototype demo. I wish I could give you details. It's great. It's a departure from our current space game. We have a team dedicated to working on it. But it is far out in the future. You won't hear anything about it any time soon.
    Schubert: It is under wraps. It is a lot of fun. It's definitely not anything we've shipped in the original product.

Finally some uptodate info. Why they needed to wait for my question before letting us know I have no clue.
    Not to be Debbie Downer or anything but Hickman's answer is almost word for word what was said last spring :/ Here's to hoping though.

Deleted
    hmm:

More like something that will never be created. A prototype demo? That sounds like they have matchbox space ships and are throwing out ideas while they zoom them around in the air.

Not to mention that they said this exact same BS the first time they talked about it. So really, no progress has been made at all. They can't even specifically say it won't be on rails. That's how bad the situation is. I wasn't even trying to be negative with my post, since I was fine with it starting to grow from the rail shooter, but this 'update' just makes everything look bad.
    It's progress compared to what little they've said before. It's not a huge step forward but considering you yourself were implying the project was dead only 20hrs ago, it seems a little premature of you to say this latest info is a step backwards,

Before, you based your negative opinion of the SSSP on it not being mentioned at all in the space blog posted yesterday...today they post about the project being alive and you now continue with the negativity (which is ok but a bit stubborn-sounding, especially today).

The game may die before this project ever sees the PTS let alone the live servers. Or it may be out this summer/fall and blow us space addicts all away. Regardless today the few of us who were looking forward to any info, got it. It's not detailed enough for my liking but heck, 10hrs ago people in this thread were laughing at the idea that such a project exists...we've progressed slightly from that viewpoint I hope.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 11:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Not to be Debbie Downer or anything but Hickman's answer is almost word for word what was said last spring :/ Here's to hoping though.
    June actually.

What we’re talking about in the future is revolutionary. We’re talking about a completely different pixel space.

That's the most detail we got to play with. Today's is mightily similar but again, 10hrs ago most people here thought the project was dead. Surely this is progress?
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2012-11-29 at 10:00 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's progress compared to what little they've said before. It's not a huge step forward but considering you yourself were implying the project was dead only 20hrs ago, it seems a little premature of you to say this latest info is a step backwards,

Before, you based your negative opinion of the SSSP on it not being mentioned at all in the space blog posted yesterday...today they post about the project being alive and you now continue with the negativity (which is ok but a bit stubborn-sounding, especially today).

The game may die before this project ever sees the PTS let alone the live servers. Or it may be out this summer/fall and blow us space addicts all away. Regardless today the few of us who were looking forward to any info, got it. It's not detailed enough for my liking but heck, 10hrs ago people in this thread were laughing at the idea that such a project exists...we've progressed slightly from that viewpoint I hope.
    Actually, I vocalized that I was happy they were moving in a direction I liked and that I have no problem with rail shooter, but admitted that people like HK, who are heavily relying on an open space, are losing hope rapidly and I don't blame them.

Today I'm stating that what we have here is, just like Arlee and I both said, the exact same crap they gave us 6 months ago. In many things, including video games, not moving forward = dead.

Deleted
    Actually, I vocalized that I was happy they were moving in a direction I liked and that I have no problem with rail shooter, but admitted that people like HK, who are heavily relying on an open space, are losing hope rapidly and I don't blame them.

Today I'm stating that what we have here is, just like Arlee and I both said, the exact same crap they gave us 6 months ago. In many things, including video games, not moving forward = dead.
    Very true but why shouldn't HK regain some hope now? Surely the fact that it isn't dead is a good thing. I understand the desire to be right no matter what but re-read your OP, you created this thread yesterday with the notion that the SSSP was dead. It was a fair guess as with no info all we can do is guess. Today we have info that the project is alive and so your guess was wrong (50% chance afterall). Nothing wrong in being wrong especially when it was all guesswork anyway. You are right with your latest stance that this new info is vague and similar to last summer's tidbit.

My point is that today's news is positive for those keeping that SSSP candle burning. I spent over 2000 hours in SWG's free roaming space world and I've been praying for some info for a while now. I would have loved much more detail but considering the nature of this thread and the first 20 posts therein, this latest news 'should' keep that candle burning a bit longer.

Very true but why shouldn't HK regain some hope now?
    I will attempt to explain exactly what I am feeling after seeing that new post on the SSSP.

Have you ever had this feeling:
    You met a really great girl, hit it off, and you've been seeing each other for a few weeks. She gave you the impression that she was after something meaningful and you could really see something happening down the road with her. You become emotionally invested. Shes met all your friends over the past few weeks and they even like her. However, she hasn't introduced you to her friends. When she finally does she calls you her "friend". You figure shes just breaking you to her friends slowly. But she keeps doing it. At this point, you realize that you two aren't on the same page. Each time she says "This is my friend X" it drives the point home that you are temporary. You feel disheartened and you want to make distance so that when the time does come, it won't hurt.

Every time bioware doesn't say that its going to be free flight. I get that feeling. I don't want it to end up being a rail shooter (extended one night stand). That would be painful. I feel the need to distance myself from swtor whenever I see shit like this.
    This does not make me happy. It makes me really sad and nervous.

And yes. I get that that is pathetic to have that feeling about a video game but they are my leisure activity of choice since I was 5 playing an NES and dos pc games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I will attempt to explain exactly what I am feeling after seeing that new post on the SSSP.

Have you ever had this feeling:
    You met a really great girl, hit it off, and you've been seeing each other for a few weeks. She gave you the impression that she was after something meaningful and you could really see something happening down the road with her. You become emotionally invested. Shes met all your friends over the past few weeks and they even like her. However, she hasn't introduced you to her friends. When she finally does she calls you her "friend". You figure shes just breaking you to her friends slowly. But she keeps doing it. At this point, you realize that you two aren't on the same page. Each time she says "This is my friend X" it drives the point home that you are temporary. You feel disheartened and you want to make distance so that when the time does come, it won't hurt.

Every time bioware doesn't say that its going to be free flight. I get that feeling. I don't want it to end up being a rail shooter (extended one night stand). That would be painful. I feel the need to distance myself from swtor whenever I see shit like this.
    This does not make me happy. It makes me really sad and nervous.

And yes. I get that that is pathetic to have that feeling about a video game but they are my leisure activity of choice since I was 5 playing an NES and dos pc games.
    So before you were sad because you thought the project was dead and now you're sad because it may be on rails afterall? Well I can't cheer you up then as BW suck ballz at communicating and I have had no luck trying to hack into their system in order to find out exactly what the SSSP is

I personally have been waiting/hoping for 3D space in TOR ever since June 24th 2011 when SOE announced SWG would shut down in december thus cutting off my daily space combat fix. I spent 4 years perfecting my 3 PvP ships and 2 years on my PvE ships. Building the ultimate wep/capacitor/engine/armor/shields/reactor/launcher/chaff/missiles/chassis took years and was a bloody competitive game in itself. You could get by with much less but space addicts do so like to tinker.

I am hopeful that when they state 'It's definitely not anything we've shipped in the original product' and 'a new pixel space' they mean it won't be on rails but until they clarify I simply don't know for sure. What I do know is that the project isn't dead and compared to yesterday that is a step forward.

I hope you're still around when the project finally gets announced officially and that the rail system is left to those who like it (my little brother loves it iirc).

I hope you're still around when the project finally gets announced officially and that the rail system is left to those who like it (my little brother loves it iirc).
    I am going to be around. Not with a subscription, but because I love f2p models and I essentially collect f2p mmos... I'll be here.

Deleted

That's EXACTLY what Daniel Erikson said, when they first hinted at the space project...it's coming, long way off, not the space you have now...blah blah blah

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    That's EXACTLY what Daniel Erikson said, when they first hinted at the space project...it's coming, long way off, not the space you have now...blah blah blah
    Yup yup. He mentioned it last in august I believe. According to the actual video of last night's Q&A some progress has been made and 'kudos to the team working on it and what they've done so far' (verbatim quote).

So it looks like it's a long way off (2014?) and if it takes the SSSP strikeforce that long it better be worth it as I can't imagine BW are willing to devote resources to a project for that long if it is essentially fluff. They've said many times that feature X and Y aren't being worked on as they aren't currently a priority. Yet they have a dedicated grp focused on the SSSP and so they obviously consider it to be at least somewhat important and worth the many months' work. Fluff or some on-rail pvp system doesn't begin to fit that bill imo.

Unless of course people think BW are outright lying and if that's the case there's no real point visiting any TOR related forums as if people believe BW can lie about such a large project then they always win every argument and discussion is also nullified if the other side constantly sticks to 'Lies, I tell you!!!'

I'll be sharpening my pitchfork in time for 2014 or whenever more light is shed on it but I'm quietly optimistic that it may indeed be worth waiting for.
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2012-11-30 at 08:31 AM.