6652 Haste - Worth it or not? Resto Druids

Hello,

Like the topic what do you guys think about it?

I have been testing it for 2 weeks and not noticing much.

I lowered my SPI - Mastery to get 6652.

Thinking of going back down as i have not found this more useful in current content.

If you are comfortable with your mana with 6652 haste it's definately worth it.

It is most definitely not worth it if you are pulling stats from mastery as mastery increases healing done by more than the haste breakpoint using the same rating for both haste and mastery. This has already been proven. Until such time as it is impossible to stay anywhere near 3043 (unlikely), the next haste breakpoint that will be worthwhile is 13163, a value we won't be seeing any time soon.

Lowering spirit is a different thing entirely and has more to do with your raid size than anything, even then, I see more and more that 25 druids are lowering spirit for throughput just as 10 druids have been doing from the beginning (and are basically forced to, in order to succeed). I'm starting to wear items that have no spirit at all, such as the easy access cloaks and tier legs. Druids are by far the most efficient healers at present and 7.5k spirit is plenty. Even for a very long fight like heroic Will of the Emperor (10-12 minutes) this amount of spirit was enough to last me to the end.
    Last edited by Maxvla; 2012-11-29 at 09:19 AM.

I am a 10-man resto druid (ilvl 491) and I usually use Soul of the Forest on most fights. I like the mechanic and just find it easier than popping tree cooldown these days.

I have a couple of issues with 3,043. Firstly, I often don't have the 5% haste buff in my 10-man raids and secondly, higher haste is useful for Soul of the Forest.

I therefore roll with 5730 haste as this does 2 things for me. It means that my haste is at the right place (over 5320) if I don't have the 5% haste buff and also stretches a bit further to benefit Soul of the Forest (5730 gives an extra wild growth tick IF I have the 5% haste buff). - reasoning there is that if you cannot guarantee the 5% haste buff in your raid you need to carry 5320 haste and if you are doing that you might as well stretch to 5730 for the times when you do have the 5% buff.

Other option is to reforge before each raid depending on setup but I really can't be bothered.

My spirit is absolutely fine and I even reforge some of my spirit to mastery.

Only downside is my mastery could be higher I guess, but if I sink down to 3043 haste, it won't be enough as I sometimes don't get the haste buff in raids.

I hope that makes sense.

As for 6,652. Well I wouldn't want to lose other stats at the moment for it - and would still need the 5% haste buff anyway. The new faction haste trinket would make it easily obtainable but then I would be losing the stats from my current Int/regen trinks.
    Last edited by Bluetarragon; 2012-11-29 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetarragon View Post
    I am a 10-man resto druid (ilvl 491) and I usually use Soul of the Forest on most fights. I like the mechanic and just find it easier than popping tree cooldown these days.

I have a couple of issues with 3,043. Firstly, I often don't have the 5% haste buff in my 10-man raids and secondly, higher haste is useful for Soul of the Forest.

I therefore roll with 5730 haste as this does 2 things for me. It means that my haste is at the right place (over 5320) if I don't have the 5% haste buff and also stretches a bit further to benefit Soul of the Forest (5730 gives an extra wild growth tick IF I have the 5% haste buff). - reasoning there is that if you cannot guarantee the 5% haste buff in your raid you need to carry 5320 haste and if you are doing that you might as well stretch to 5730 for the times when you do have the 5% buff.

Other option is to reforge before each raid depending on setup but I really can't be bothered.

My spirit is absolutely fine and I even reforge some of my spirit to mastery.

Only downside is my mastery could be higher I guess, but if I sink down to 3043 haste, it won't be enough as I sometimes don't get the haste buff in raids.

I hope that makes sense.

As for 6,652. Well I wouldn't want to lose other stats at the moment for it - and would still need the 5% haste buff anyway. The new faction haste trinket would make it easily obtainable but then I would be losing the stats from my current Int/regen trinks.
    I am 484 equiped Ilvl with 6652 haste 15% mastery 8500 Spirit. I do use a lot of mana cooldowns in 25 man's but when we do 10's i don't have a lot of issues. And i do always have the 5% haste buff. i am thinking of re doing my gems going back down to 3043 haste and stacking int/mastery and still only keeping 8500 or lower Spirit.

Just not sure looking at my numbers from this week and last week and 10 and 25 man logs the 6652 is not worth it.

I just still want to see if anyone else is using 6652 and have any feed back. All druid i checked are still going regen / Mastery 3043 haste
    Last edited by Yogiz; 2012-11-29 at 03:38 PM.

Deleted
    I just got 4p, haste 5757 talent SoTF, making insane HPS in 25 man lfr, coz my guild is only running 10 m, cant wait to try it out, hope i will come closer to our disc priest.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarrzul View Post
    I just got 4p, haste 5757 talent SoTF, making insane HPS in 25 man lfr, coz my guild is only running 10 m, cant wait to try it out, hope i will come closer to our disc priest.....
    Which haste spell benefits from your 5757 haste point, is it with or without the 5 % haste speed buff?

greetz Gramla

Deleted
    •If you are utilizing Soul of the Forest, you should aim for the 5730 this is with 5% haste buff

Wild Growth+(SotF) ticks 13 5730

basic GW get an extra tick
    Last edited by mmocdaf19f6c1b; 2012-11-30 at 11:23 AM.

So is this still the same? stay at 3043 and max mastery? I swapped to 6652 a week or so ago and it doesn't really feel that much dif. I dropped 6-7% mastery which gives me about 19% raid buffd. Not sure if i should swap back or not.

Deleted
    I didnt notice much difference when i tried it... i lost quite a bit of intel and mastery to get the haste cap, and thought it wasnt worth it.

ill go for the haste cap if its possible w/o losing int, but until then ill stay at 3043

Deleted
    http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t130799-...x_release/p12/

That post covers the question. The TL;DR version:

The haste you gain gives you, at best, 5% extra healing. The mastery you lose costs you, at worst, 6.25% healing.

The real haste breakpoint after 3043 that is worth it is 13163 (see http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t130799-...9/#post2228768)