Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Upgrade: LFR Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion, or Normal Starshatter?

Hey guys!

Im wondering what you would pick to upgrade as a Frost DK: LFR Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion (with GEM) or Normal Starshatter?

You should know that with my guilds progress we will not be at Sha of Fear for a loooong time..

Thanks!

Shin'ka for sure. Dat gem.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can get the gem from LFR so most certainly Shin'ka.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Scabior View Post
    Shin'ka for sure. Dat gem.

I think its a harder question if you don't have the gem. Personally it depends on your progression aswell as time to get the gem for the decision but I dont' know personally..

@OP if you are an orc, remember that shinka gives 1% expertise so its likely worth it even without the gem.

Simmed with my gear Starshatter HC is better than Normal Shin´ka.
    Dont be blindfolded by the insanely nice gem, Starshatter´s 200 more dps (ie 5%) and 1k max dmg will still make Starshatter better.

Deleted
    Weapon dps is the king. So normal starshatter is way better than lfr shin'ka even with legendary gem.

Starshatter...keep in mind the stats weight, not only the cool looking from having a legendary gem...

I'd also go with Starshatter, strenght isnt even worth half of weapon dps' value.

Deleted
    Yea, thanks guys!

Im thinking of upgrading the normal Starshatter...

Normal stars hatter...because sword transmog is cooler than axe?

And like hunty said weapon dps is worth more than twice the value of strength.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

If you finish up with the black prince Shin'ka should be better with the extra gem socket
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=93403

As others have said weapon damage is king, so you will get better performance out of starshatter.

Also bear in mind that you only get one free legendary gem - each subsequent one costs 10k gold. So if you put it in lfr Shin'ka now you will not only be getting poorer performance than from normal starshatter, but you will be 10k out of pocket once you get normal Shin'ka

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revenantparadigm View Post
    As others have said weapon damage is king, so you will get better performance out of starshatter.

Also bear in mind that you only get one free legendary gem - each subsequent one costs 10k gold. So if you put it in lfr Shin'ka now you will not only be getting poorer performance than from normal starshatter, but you will be 10k out of pocket once you get normal Shin'ka
    Yea, This is very true. Thanks!

Deleted
    And why Askmrrobot said to me that Shinka 483 its a 300 dps up than Starshatter 489 in a relative stuff and 360 dps below in an absolute ?¿

I think that they are more or less the same (Just a 300 dps difference between them) so if you are so unlucky than me and never will get the starshatter 489, just upgrade you Axe.

PS: Could someone post a propper simcraft with the same stuff and a Starshatter and Shin´ka?

Thx a lot DPS freaks!

edit: It´s just because i want to upgrade some items and dont know if i need to wait to get the Starshatter or just upgrade the LFR Axe.

I´m Külldrash DK from EU-Uldum.

10+ Year Old Account
    AskMrRobot ranks gear based on the stat weights you have inputted.

There are also multiple SimCraft results floating around these very DK forums about Shin'ka vs Starshatter. I'd look for them but it'd take the same amount of effort for me to find them, as it would for you.

Regardless, both SimCraft and AskMrRobot rank Starshatter higher for me. The SimCraft results you'll find in the other threads will tell you the same thing.

I don't think it's really a question anymore, Starshatter is better but not by much.

Deleted
    Indeed Starshatter is better in any raid situation, the DPS is about 1k more over Shin'ka. But if you already have one of them just upgrade that as it's instant DPS boost and just use it. Same goes for normal Shin'ka vs hc Starshatter. But I do find that Shin'ka to be the best in any/every challenge mode due to item level sclaing, but that +500 strength gem in it puts it over the top.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    Indeed Starshatter is better in any raid situation, the DPS is about 1k more over Shin'ka. But if you already have one of them just upgrade that as it's instant DPS boost and just use it. Same goes for normal Shin'ka vs hc Starshatter. But I do find that Shin'ka to be the best in any/every challenge mode due to item level sclaing, but that +500 strength gem in it puts it over the top.
    Could you explain a little bit more about the challenge mode? Thx a lot.

Deleted
    Item level gets downscaled to 463 DPS/statwise but the gem's/enchant remain the same. To be fair with you have a decent group you can't fail and get gold almost easy but that +500 strength gem is a beast in that situation where gear stat is the same.

But just get either of them or if your very lucky just get them both.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in sort of the same position.

I have LFR Shin'ka but our guild is only starting on reg Elegon. Slow, I know, but I suspect we'll be spending a lockout or two on him and even then, I have both RNG and another player who can roll on it.

So, for me, I have thouht about gemming Shin'ka and upgrading it once to bring it more in line with reg Starshatter since I may get a fair amount of use out of it and I will likely have another gem made by the time we hit reg Sha. Hell, I might even have two!

It just makes me feel a little dirty to upgrade/gem a LFR item...
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

You can always upgrade your weapon with valor ,adding +8 ilvls and the legendary gem socket making it a win win situation