Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Sargeras as the final boss in WoW? No, there is another.

I see a lot of speculation threads where people declare that defeating Sargeras would be the end of WoW. But I think there's an even bigger menace out there that could come to end Azeroth, particularly if the mortals had banded together to wipe out the Burning Legion: the Titans.

Killing the fallen Titan would cause his brethren to take a closer look at Azeroth. They'd find that everything they had put into place has been shot to hell. Algalon covered for us once, but now that they've seen us they worry mortals will be an even more destructive force in the universe. Re-origination is the order of the day.

That doesn't sit well with anyone who calls Azeroth home. The Alliance, Horde, Cenarian Circle, Argent Crusade, Earthen Ring, Ebon Blade, even the Dragonflights band together to fight back. Initial instances and raids will visit familiar Titan related points on Azeroth. The final tier will be an assault on their citadel. Thrall kicks of the raid with an epic speech, and we go beat the Titans until they promise to leave us alone.

Their hearts weren't really into the whole “obliterate the bravest races in the universe” thing in the first place, of course. Now they draft us into facing the next expansion's big bad, because the epicness of the expansion proves WoW is still a cash cow and cannot end yet.

Deleted
    Maybe if we side with the Old Gods.

I had always thought we'd be dealing with Sargeras and his Burning Legion in tandem with the Titans. The idea is that the Legion seeks to finally destroy Azeroth while the Titans want to just stop their brethren. Essentially they end up using Azeroth as their fighting ground.

Because let's be honest here, the Titan's don't really care about Azeroth, except for perhaps Eonar. Eonar is going to end up being like Alexstrasza/Therazane while we end up fighting the other two factions.

It'd be epic as hell if the final boss fight was us fighting the Pantheon while they are simultaneously fighting Sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    It'd be epic as hell if the final boss fight was us fighting the Pantheon while they are simultaneously fighting Sargeras.
    the only beings capable of standing up to teh might of the pantheon aret he old gods, of which there are now only 1 named left in any capacity to do anything, we silenced c'thun, who is still recovering and regenrating, we silenced yogg saron, again he is recovering and regenrating, i still don't know why blizz didn't add a N'zoth only raid as a filler for cata>MoP, but as of this moment, n'zoth is the only old god to not have been engaged by anyone or anything (so far as we know).

well they say there were 5 old gods, 2 of which are dead ysharjjj and C'thun who the titans thought was dead and we kill again, Yogg saron i thought died in ulduar, N'Zoth is locked up somewhere and his big plan has failed, now theres 1 other old god we have not heard from
    I wonder what the titans have been doing and if they have paid any attention as to what has happened on Azeroth or are at least aware that the Dragon Aspects have retired

Quote Originally Posted by Vrealiabronze View Post
    well they say there were 5 old gods, 2 of which are dead ysharjjj and C'thun who the titans thought was dead and we kill again, Yogg saron i thought died in ulduar, N'Zoth is locked up somewhere and his big plan has failed, now theres 1 other old god we have not heard from
    I wonder what the titans have been doing and if they have paid any attention as to what has happened on Azeroth or are at least aware that the Dragon Aspects have retired
    you say N'zoth's plan failed, what if is plan all along was so that we kill deathwing, might have been the only being on azeroth who could have been able to stop him :P if so, he managed to win, not fail ^^

Considering Sargeras is an enemy of the Pantheon as well...

Deleted
    The OP Doesn't understand the power of the Titans. Why in the fuck would Thrall be there leading the charge? He's literally a tiny insect to the Pantheon. You've got the scale of things all wrong.
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-11-29 at 05:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... isn't Sargeras a fallen titan... I mean he was called upon to fight the burning legions for ages. Its mentions in the article that he might be stronger than the pantheon . They also never took steps to eliminate him after his defection. He is however stuck in the twisting nether as he was passing through a gate to azeroth when it was destroyed. http://www.wowwiki.com/Sargeras

Wouldn't be surprised to see this, considering how humans are so often portrayed (in fiction in general and in this game) as beyond the "rules and logic" of their creators and the architects of their own destiny. Wouldn't be surprised if we square off against both the Titans and Sargeras (not necessarily simultaneously).

Final Fantasy XII comes immediately to mind with this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    The OP Doesn't understand the power of the Titans. Why in the fuck would Thrall be there leading the charge? He's literally a tiny insect to the Pantheon. You've got the scale of things all wrong.
    In the eyes of Chris Metzen, he's badass, so he can do anything he puts his mind to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    if he end up in power with the horde again, he'll be the one that stops the war between the alliance and the horde, he almost did it before garrosh came into the picture

Title made me think of:

Obi-Wan: "That boy is our last hope."

Yoda: "No. There is another."

I would have played MoP if it had been Sargeras instead of Pandas. That followed by the Titans would have made a nice finale to WoW. After the epicness that was Cata, I just couldn't deal with pandas. I still remember the trailer for Cata when it came out, showing us flying over the barrens. That had me sold for Cata. MoP? Just my opinion, but it wasn't for me. How is the Xpac going? Is it less cheesy than what I was thinking it would be?

I always had in the back of my mind that the Titans would be the last of the major expansions.

Why? Because they're "Planet creators". I figure it would make sense that if/when Blizz decides to make World of Warcraft 2, the Titans would return and "re-shape" Azeroth... thus explaining why the planet would probably look radically different than it's older incarnation. :P

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    the only beings capable of standing up to teh might of the pantheon aret he old gods, of which there are now only 1 named left in any capacity to do anything, we silenced c'thun, who is still recovering and regenrating, we silenced yogg saron, again he is recovering and regenrating, i still don't know why blizz didn't add a N'zoth only raid as a filler for cata>MoP, but as of this moment, n'zoth is the only old god to not have been engaged by anyone or anything (so far as we know).
    Or...you know...their warrior champion, Sargeras? Just because Aman'thul leads them, doesn't mean Sargeras is weaker than him. Sargeras was initially chosen as their Champion because he was their best warrior.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkenoff View Post
    I would have played MoP if it had been Sargeras instead of Pandas. That followed by the Titans would have made a nice finale to WoW. After the epicness that was Cata, I just couldn't deal with pandas. I still remember the trailer for Cata when it came out, showing us flying over the barrens. That had me sold for Cata. MoP? Just my opinion, but it wasn't for me. How is the Xpac going? Is it less cheesy than what I was thinking it would be?
    The only cheese is at the vendor. Sometimes it's cute and sweet (Chen's niece is adorable and hilarious. Very like Jade from Jackie Chan Adventures), sometimes it's mortifying (I'm going into battle with my newborn twins strapped to my chest. There's no sitter and my wife is dead). In either case, it's always fun and engaging.

That said, we need a bit of a power boost before we can even think about stepping to the Pantheon. Some random titans, sure, maybe, but not the Pantheon. Sargares has had some setbacks (lol) as of late, so we might be able to drop in in a weakened or un-summoned state, a la Kil'Jaeden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkenoff View Post
    Much less, as a vanilla player/tbc fanboy and hater of pandas since day 1 of their reveal, MoP feels great. It's polished, lots to do, raids are pretty good. PvP is a bit broken atm, but it always is really.

OT: Gorribal legendary 2h pls.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Title made me think of:

Obi-Wan: "That boy is our last hope."

Yoda: "No. There is another."

HAHA yeah that is exactly what I thought as well.... classic!

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Much less, as a vanilla player/tbc fanboy and hater of pandas since day 1 of their reveal, MoP feels great. It's polished, lots to do, raids are pretty good. PvP is a bit broken atm, but it always is really.

OT: Gorribal legendary 2h pls.
    I'll add to this that Pandaria is stupid gorgeous. Zones flow very well, both geographically and quest...ually?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.