Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the final boss will be a Morphed Old god... we have stopped an eye and a mouth so far ... maybe once we stop all of them they combine into making the actual old god complete and he is this badass uber god that pisses on the Pantheon for a hobby...

you realize that the final boss in WoW would probably come at a time when WoW is pretty much dead and there's no reason for content or expansions to be released yearly, right? so I guess my question to everyone is why would they hold out on releasing a badass boss, Sargeras or other, when the game is dead?

I'd love to see an entire expansion based around the Old Gods coming back and having to help the Titans fight them, or something like that. and I'm not saying "final expansion" i mean, like the next expansion, or the expansion after...forget the "last expansion" deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    For all I know, I just don't trust Wrathion as far as I can reach... He's a crook. Say what you want.
    The way he plays the two sides. That can't be a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    An ultimate space battle with every hero fighting on our side would be an a-ok ending for me.

As a lot of posters wrote - it would be Old Gods. But for the simple reason.

Sargeras was just a toy of Old Gods from very start. Imagine how powerful they should be, if they could corrupt one of Titans while being completely locked away. Algalon was sent to see if Azeroth is in dangerous condition, because if some Old Gods were encountered it could mean a lot of problems, so it would be better to dispatch of whole planet just for safety as otherwise Titans wouldn't handle it.
    Unfortunately killing bosses that shouldn't be killed by mortals is a required game mechanic for a game in a universe populated by creatures that should never be killed by mortals.
    Why unfortunately? It's boring to always kill only some kobolds or goblins. Dragons become old story after a while too. It's interesting when games go for more than that. Like FF XII. Killing Espers, who by most part are fallen powerful gods, or Venat infused in Vayne, who is just neo-god. But wait, there's more! Same FF XII has creature, "Threat to it's own Creator", Yiazmat.

too bad the dragonflights are crap now and have no power huh?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombra View Post
    Maybe if we side with the Old Gods.
    I know I would if the end days came, and there was an option.

Once upon a time it was the Legion and Sargeras. That was the end no doubt. The great thing about MMOs however is there ability to evolve and expand.

The Titans are especially clever in that regard because unlike the strait forward Lovecraftian Horror of the Old Gods or the Legion they when they were introduced as this good conter-balance to both of those forces. Then quite out of the blue came Algalon. Suddenly everything was up in the air.

These days it could be any one of them or even several at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    For all I know, I just don't trust Wrathion as far as I can reach... He's a crook.
    He's a black dragon, what do you expect? ^^

That doesn't really make too much sense, but then the lore regarding the Titans has always been shoddy to me. I don't understand this notion of the "re-origination" of the planets. The Old Gods, especially when they were at full strength, were evil and destructive beyond measure and should have easily convinced the Titans to re-originate Azeroth straight away. Instead, they imprisoned them instead of killing them because they realized that doing so would cause Azeroth to be destroyed as well.

But if that's the case, and they didn't want to destroy Azeroth at what was surely the height of its corruption, why would they then change their mind later? What's the point of Algalon sending a distress message? The worst possible scenario is, "The Old Gods are back in full force and nothing can stop them. Everything's dead (again), and I'm starting to hear voices. I am U-571, destroy me!" So, are the Titans going to show up and imprison the Old Gods again, or are they going to be like "Okay, we gave this whole 'giant-parasitic-demonic-deity-infested-planatoid-clusterfuck' thing a shot, but this is getting ridiculous." and obliterate everything?

In actuality, the Old Gods are either only just awakening, or are already awake but remain at a fraction of their former strength. The mortal races have proven to be resilient enough to defeat two of them so far, even if only temporarily, so I can't imagine that the Titans would want to kill US for any reason. But apparently they're not as invincible as we're lead to believe anyway, so even if they did, they'd be in for quite a rude awakening.

Deleted
    In response to OP, it isn't actually a bad idea, at least as a template. Very good thinking on your part

Deleted
    Im not sure if I like the idea about fighting anything that size, Titans, Old Gods and furthermore killing them ? Damn thats a task that no one on Azeroth could handle, maybe a giant force which they did not expect (Wisps kicking Archimondes Butt).

But we did not accomplish anything against the Old Gods, look at the lucid dream, he just waits to fuck us over again, he doesnt care if it will take another 100 years, Kil'jeaden ? "It was merely a setback!". Even the Titans couldnt handle them completely, they first started to fight them one by one and lost. One Titan died, the other one lost his hand and they needed to unite against every God who did not and got imprisoned.
    The Titans are far away from being immortal or pure beings, Sargeras got corrupted by a way lesser race even though he defeated them, he lost his mind.

In the end there will be no end, theres no sense behind this. World of Warcraft does not end, for the people by Blizzard will just make up new lore and thats what I like, why shut down this great stories ?

you guys all seem to be forgetting the Titan's alignment, and our own.
    the titans are Lawful good, wich causes them to populate planets, if they were neutral, they wouldnt
    we, are neutral good, some are lawful good, some are chaotic good (more or less garrosh, but hes descending)
    the dragons are created by the titans, and have some of their power, and their alignment, and theye allied with us.
    then there's the Naaru, allied with the denizens of azeroth, patrons of the new Dreanei. beings of pure light, undeniably worth existing, they will stand with us, and the titans won't dare touch them

and there's Sargeras, the Vanir champion chosen to fight the burning Legion, he became corrupted and now leads the Legion.
    the titans are aware of his defection, and aggramar fears facing him because he's afraid his new powers are too strong for him alone.

the leader of the Pantheon, Aman'thul is an Aesir, and Aesir are a lot stronger than Vanir, but aside from that he also knows of Sargeras' Corruption

P.S. elementals are generally lawful neutral, trying to keep their presence in balance around a world. azeroth is unique because the elemental lords were corrupted by the old gods and became evil, they were banished within the elemental plane by the titans because of this.

if we ever manage to kill sargeras with the army of the light Velen foresaw, then the pantheon will surely notice this change in balance in the universe, and come to investigate what power there is at work.

since our general intentions are good, and the naaru will most likely be with us at the time the titans come to investigate, they can naught but sense our alignment with the light. together with the message sent by algalon (the revised one) that azeroth should not be repopulated, they will question us, but not outright start fighting us.

so to say we are going to have to fight the titans, i would respond by disagreeing strongly.

also, the lore that says titans cannot be defeated i refer you to this -> A battle between a titan and the Old God C'Thun raged in Silithus. The titan fell and it was thought that C'Thun had also fallen - but he survived unnoticed by the titans. (wowpedia)

this means that they can most certainly be defeated. and even if not by mortals, the naaru are immortal.

the ending I envision is us looting the dark half of gorschalach, and giving it to aggramar when he comes along with aman'thul to investigate.
    and yes, It will be aman'thul to come and see us, after all, we did kill his brother (sargeras)(if we ever truly do so.)

my point of view, in the very least.

P.S. Elementals are generally lawful neutral, trying to keep everything in balance, the only reason the azerothian elemental lords were evil is because they were corrupted by the old gods, hence their banishment by the titans to the elemental plane. (see the outland elementals)
    Last edited by Shaoshi; 2012-11-30 at 11:32 AM. Reason: added elementals

And you were wondering why blizzards next big project was rumored to have the codename "Titan"
    Kabukage 85 Tauren Shaman - Ahn'Qiraj EU
    Gandalug 85 Dwarf Paladin - Emerald Dream EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    As a lot of posters wrote - it would be Old Gods. But for the simple reason.

Sargeras was just a toy of Old Gods from very start. Imagine how powerful they should be, if they could corrupt one of Titans while being completely locked away. Algalon was sent to see if Azeroth is in dangerous condition, because if some Old Gods were encountered it could mean a lot of problems, so it would be better to dispatch of whole planet just for safety as otherwise Titans wouldn't handle it.
    Sargeras was never a toy of the Old Gods, they had nothing to do with his change of views.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    The Titans are far away from being immortal or pure beings, Sargeras got corrupted by a way lesser race even though he defeated them, he lost his mind.
    They didn't just corrupt him on the spot.. it was the result of years and years of him having doubts about his "mission", the Nathrezim were just the final push over the edge to where he changed his mind completely.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kabukage View Post
    And you were wondering why blizzards next big project was rumored to have the codename "Titan"
    They also confirmed it was nothing to do with the Warcraft universe and will be a new franchise, what's your point?
    Last edited by TJ; 2012-11-30 at 01:27 PM.

Sargeras was not 'corrupted', corrupted requires that someone else manipulates you away from purity. He was tasked with wiping out the demons of the twisting nether and after a millenia of fighting pure evil he came to despair and came to realise that order was not the true order of the universe and that ultimately evil was the true nature and that the titans ordered universe was unnatural and he began a crusade of wiping out the ordered universe.

Also elementals typically do not have enough self-awareness to be lawful, neutral, or evil. They just are, the generals are some of the few elementals that are self-aware enough to force the rest of the elementals to serve them, and are intelligent enough for the Old Gods to control them.

I could see some epic fight where the Titans are going at it with Sargeras. If anything, I'm thinking the players would have a minor role in that battle, because a small band of mortals taking Sargeras from 100-0 in his true form is not gonna happen.

We'd have to put a small wound on him (like just take 1% of his health away) or something to help weaken him for the Titans, but it'd take an epic 20-minute boss fight with the help of every major faction leader in WoW for us to do that. Also that opens up the possibility of warriors getting a legendary similar to Brox's axe, and I am all for that. Maybe a long quest chain where we don't get the original, but we get Malfurion to craft something close to it (kinda like how we got Shadowmourne to fight against Frostmourne in Wrath).

Also Velen would have to have some kind of major role in a fight like that. He's got more reason to hate Sargeras than anyone.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-11-30 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    We haven't killed any of the old gods, only their manifestations and avatars that appeared above ground. Like the Titan says, if the Old Gods are destroyed so would Azeroth be.
    theres also all them old gods in space
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Sounds to me that Azeroth wasn't the only world that was inhabited by the Elemental lords and the old gods. There is no given timeline, I grant you that, but I think Sargeras is very well aware of the old gods and their intentions.

However, the more interesting question would be: With his belief that the order of the titans is useless and that the titans themselves are to be blamed for the failure of their creation, is he an enemy to the old gods or an ally?
    Sorry for the late reply. You missed the first part of that whole story.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/The_Old_Gods_...ing_of_Azeroth

Sargeras was actually off doing his legion thing, I'm assuming hiding while he bolstered the forces of his recently created army. While the Titans were building Azeroth, unaware he had gone rogue yet. But yah that is something I've wondered myself. I think the old gods would not accept him, or try to use him(like they did in the WotA) personally. Honestly he's the perfect target to break their prisons for them. A normal titan sure as hell is never going to do it.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-12-01 at 10:33 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh there is so much conflicting information out there regarding lore.

Still: The old gods are not limited to Azeroth, so I stand beside my interpretation that Sargeras very well knows of their existence.