Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do they exist, pure Bot-BGs?

I've witnessed some ~8v8 warsong + real players just waiting for the game to end.
    But no one can ever confirm, except Blizzard:
    How many BGs are running just for Bots to fight against each other?

10+ Year Old Account
    blizzard doesn't live here so you won't get an official reply, but probably not many, what even happens? how do you get honor from a whole game of absolutely nothing going on?

I'm lucky to never really see bots, pretty much one in a blue moon is the most I see. They do probably exist, but by the nature of it nobody will even really know if there are or aren't.

15+ Year Old Account
    If 10 bots queue against 10 bots, does anybody know?

(I don't know how to give an answer for this one, in all the battlegrounds ever fought, I suppose it probably has happened at some point - but nobody was at keyboard to laugh about it).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There was an absolute load during 85-89 bracket for my whist leveling, highest one I remember was an EotS with 4 Horde players and 1 Alliance (Horde at the time), but there was also a Twin Peaks where the only people who seemed to be players (i.e not running from base to base straight down the middle repeatedly in a large group) were me and a Druid, who capped the flag three times just by avoid the central path. So it definitely wouldn't surprise me at that level.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Is that a philosophical question?
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    I'm lucky to never really see bots, pretty much one in a blue moon is the most I see. They do probably exist, but by the nature of it nobody will even really know if there are or aren't.
    haha you just dont know that they're bots.
    Normal BGs are full of them, I'd say about 50% of the characters in a BG at any given time are bots. The number varies; in the middle of the night when very few real players are online, you can see the ratio spike up to the point where you really are getting nearly bot-only BGs. I'm completely confident that, although rare, bot-only BGs do occur.

bots against bots.

if a tree falls in an abandoned forest, does it make noise...?

But anyway, I'm sure there have been pure bot vs bot bg's. Once i queued in the middle of the night at 4am and had a whole team following me, horde didn't leave their base.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    blizzard doesn't live here so you won't get an official reply, but probably not many, what even happens? how do you get honor from a whole game of absolutely nothing going on?
    Bots are programmed to fight, even if they are not good at it. Things do happen in such a battleground.

Deleted
    Ofc i've seen lots.

Bots are better then approximately 65% the player base.

"No way!"- you reply
    My roommate and I run our bots in arena and currently hold a 1630ish rating (hovers)

So yeah, at least 1 of the people in this thread get stomped by a bot on a regular basis in BGs

I remember doing Isle of Conquest in the 85 to 89 bracket. There were tons of bots.

Probably around 20-30 bots on each side almost every game. They all stack exactly on top of each other before the game starts. You can tell for sure if they are bots by asking a warlock to drop a healthstone. The entire group will immediately run along the exact same path to pick up one. Then they all go back to the exact same spot they were before.

There are always bots in every BG.

I watched my bot once, at the middle of the night. It was the lvl 85 levling bracket.

WSG, both 10 ally and 10 horde was bots. Nothing happened since nothing triggered anything. All of the alliance stood in a bunch in front of alliance tunnel, and the same thing for horde.

I turned of my bot and capped the flag 3 times, lol.
    Jeg vil ha tre is.

Last night in the 85 bracket I tried a bg bot for the first time. It was pretty crazy, over half of my team did exactly the same thing lol. I don't think you notice it as much when your not bottting but now its as clear as day.

Deleted
    I've been in EotS battle where I was the single human player. Yes, 29 bots, 15 on Horde side and 14 on Alliance side. Playing vs bots as a solo player is f*cking annoying. They usually move in one big group, all of their spells/abilities land pretty much at the exact same time(gg 100%-0 in global) and it's impossible to fake cast vs a bot.

Deleted
    unfortunately most BGs are full of bots - IMO blizzard should lower costs of gear to make it less laborious and encourage real players rather than zibots

More than likely, it probably happens during the weekday nights and early mornings before enough players are around to sign up and join these battles.

Depending on what script these bots run, they can either smash each other in the midfield for 30 minutes, run by each other in the midfield, or if they got really good ones, sometimes follow an objective.

However, all it takes is just ONE player to upset things - either giving them the honour through playing, or taking advantage of the situation and working out their patterns to get a quick win.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

The pre-90 brackets are overrun.

Here is a picture of my Mage I posted in another topic awhile back.

http://i.imgur.com/mtJz0.jpg

Circled are all bots following the same identical path where they run up to the middle of the courtyard and instantly spin ~170 degrees and run into the keep, and not all of them are pictured.

Since we real players were screwed on our chances of winning, we mainly talked in chat and worked out that there appeared to be 6 of us who weren't following 1 of 2 paths all the bots do. So assume we're correct, that's 34 bots in IoC. 85% bots.

It was awful, and I'd say most of the BGs I've done in the 85-89 gap have been hovering around 50% of the people all running the same robotic path.

For the question of a pure bot BG, I have encountered a pure bot team in a BG. My same Mage pictured above recently scored her Defense of the Ancient achievement due to the entire Horde SotA team being bots. The 2 boats landed, and each group of players ran in 1 massive clump toward the gates.
    Last edited by Assumi; 2012-11-30 at 02:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BraindeadlyWorld View Post
    unfortunately most BGs are full of bots - IMO blizzard should lower costs of gear to make it less laborious and encourage real players rather than zibots
    PvP gear costs are fine... it's more than ridiculously easy to hit the cap. You could probably gear yourself up in a week if you were studious about it.

Of course, what the hell bots do with this PvP gear is beyond me. Farm honor just so they can see the cap?

Blizzard just needs to be more observant about finding and banning botters. And stripping them of the gold/items/etc they've acquired while botting. Or at least taking an educated crack at it...

As for Bots in battleground, I'm usually more observant about where I'm going than watching people to decipher if they're following a specific path. Of course, you also have to consider that these people might not be bots, and are just poor players. I've seen people doing bot like things, constantly running to their death, or wasting their time in mid, swearing at everyone else on their team the entire time.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.