Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Soloing Naxx 25 Man (Construct and Military Quarters)

Hey everyone,

With the 5.1 Changes meaning you no longer need a Group to enter a raid, I thought I'd visit Naxx in the aims to get to Gluth for Armageddon. But my plan to do this every so often seems to have fallen flat on its face at the site of Patchwerk. I'm currently trying as a Warrior (But will also be interested in trying on Paladin), and was wondering if you had any tips on how to go about it. My first test started with me popping cooldowns and rushing in as arms in Battle Stance and within around 10/15 seconds I was dead. My gear is pretty much 458 PvP gear with 463 PVE Weapon (Better than my PvE set). Is Patchwerk 25 possible to solo as Arms Warrior, Prot Warrior, Ret Paladin or Prot Paladin? And also will Grobbulus/ Gluth do anything which was cause any major issues?

Also is it possible to do the Military Quarter solo? Just looking at some of the abilities (Four Horsemen and Razuvious mainly) and they seem like it's going to just splatter me.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I was able to solo Patch25 on my BM Monk but it took a few attempts to get the survival down pat, as he hits very, very, very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Hey everyone,

With the 5.1 Changes meaning you no longer need a Group to enter a raid, I thought I'd visit Naxx in the aims to get to Gluth for Armageddon. But my plan to do this every so often seems to have fallen flat on its face at the site of Patchwerk. I'm currently trying as a Warrior (But will also be interested in trying on Paladin), and was wondering if you had any tips on how to go about it. My first test started with me popping cooldowns and rushing in as arms in Battle Stance and within around 10/15 seconds I was dead. My gear is pretty much 458 PvP gear with 463 PVE Weapon (Better than my PvE set). Is Patchwerk 25 possible to solo as Arms Warrior, Prot Warrior, Ret Paladin or Prot Paladin? And also will Grobbulus/ Gluth do anything which was cause any major issues?

Also is it possible to do the Military Quarter solo? Just looking at some of the abilities (Four Horsemen and Razuvious mainly) and they seem like it's going to just splatter me.
    Four Horseman is the way to go if you're after Armageddon, just do Razuvious and Gothik the Harvester on 10 man, switch to 25 and do the Four Horseman.
    I personally as a warrior have solo'd this 3 times trying for both Armageddon and the 15 second achievement and got both of them done in the 3 runs.

IIRC you'll need tank gear for patchwerk just use cooldowns as routine and save your big defensive cds for the last 20%. As for gluth, its gonna be even harder. The healing from those zombies is almost impossible to overcome without glitching the fight.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Dropped from the Four Horsemen for me, you could avoid gluth and go military quater

Deleted
    You can solo military quarter 25 with a prot warrior easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    Dropped from the Four Horsemen for me, you could avoid gluth and go military quater
    The problem in the millitary quarter is the trash, those dk mobs put up a 1.2mil damage shield that you gotta dispel.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I'm assuming 4HM would also be possible for a Blood DK?
    RETH

Deleted
    i did it on my alt not too long along and i found it really easy.

I just went in full prot gear/spec and had second wind as a talent...they get you down to 35% very slowly but after that they cant outdamage the heal from second wind...in fact i did all the bosses except for gluth as i coudnt dps him down fast enough with his zombie eating

Buy invis pot and skip the annoying trash in military quarter, do every boss but 4horsemen on 10 man. Gluth and Patchwerk are probably a lot harder to do than military. Also armageddon only has a 1% drop chance from Gluth.

As a Ret Paladin I can solo all of 10m no issues.

On 25 I can't solo Patchwerk, Razuvious, or Gluth. Have attempted all others, have not done Four Horsemen but it seems soloable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drack View Post
    Four Horseman is the way to go if you're after Armageddon, just do Razuvious and Gothik the Harvester on 10 man, switch to 25 and do the Four Horseman.
    I personally as a warrior have solo'd this 3 times trying for both Armageddon and the 15 second achievement and got both of them done in the 3 runs.

doesnt work like that. Nax 10man and 25man have spared lockouts the only raid from WOTLK that got shared lockouts is ICC, they made it that way for testing before CAT the rest of the raids got unchange, maybe TOC dont really remember if instead of doing it 4 times they change it to 2 times at the start you could enter 10man and 25man normal and in the same week you could do also 10man and 25man hc i think they later change it so that normal mode shared lockout with HC mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    doesnt work like that. Nax 10man and 25man have spared lockouts the only raid from WOTLK that got shared lockouts is ICC, they made it that way for testing before CAT the rest of the raids got unchange, maybe TOC dont really remember if instead of doing it 4 times they change it to 2 times at the start you could enter 10man and 25man normal and in the same week you could do also 10man and 25man hc i think they later change it so that normal mode shared lockout with HC mode.
    Im pretty sure your wrong and shared lock outs apply to all wrath raids,

I took a friend into sarth to get him the drakes, and I said which one do you want this week and which one next week, he played hell you could do both in one week, we did 10 first, switched to 25 man, and it was saved and cleared from 10 man,
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    Not 100% sure what you are saying but the guy you are responding to is correct. I farmed Armageddon at 85 by going 10 man then switching to 25 man for 4 Horsemen.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    IIRC you'll need tank gear for patchwerk just use cooldowns as routine and save your big defensive cds for the last 20%. As for gluth, its gonna be even harder. The healing from those zombies is almost impossible to overcome without glitching the fight.
    I don't know how it is for warriors, but I soloed the construct wing last night on my feral druid and didn't need to use bear form once. Gluth's healing is extremely easy to out-dps now. I tanked him where I dropped out of the pipe, popped cooldowns and pulled maybe 40k dps, and he dropped in under a minute. This is with him eating zombies pretty much as they spawned. Easiest boss in the wing by far.

You can kill the harder bosses on 10 man and switch the difficulty to 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    I don't know how it is for warriors, but I soloed the construct wing last night on my feral druid and didn't need to use bear form once. Gluth's healing is extremely easy to out-dps now. I tanked him where I dropped out of the pipe, popped cooldowns and pulled maybe 40k dps, and he dropped in under a minute. This is with him eating zombies pretty much as they spawned. Easiest boss in the wing by far.
    He's talking about Gluth 25, which needs a lot more than 40k dps.[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Senen; 2012-11-29 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    He's talking about Gluth 25, which needs a lot more than 40k dps.[COLOR="red"]
    Oops, you're right. I was curious and looked up his health, his berserk timer and how many zombies spawn in that time and it looks like about 65k is the bare minimum.

I solo entire naxx 25 on my warrior. I use full dps gear and prot spec, ilevel 463 (so shit gear). Shield barrier and second wind are you winning abilities. Patchwerk is pretty easy, Gluth though, requires you to bug the encounter. And you can only do that as a hunter, rogue, or nightelf. You reset the boss and with the right timing you stop the zombies from spawning.