shadow priest mana

I feel as if shadow priest mana is nerfed compared to other classes. Our main mana help is VT but that can be dispeled. If i get clond or if they dispel my vt, i seem to go oom fast. Ik i have shadowfiend but its a 3 min cd and I can't disperse for mana most the time or i will prolly die to burst. I feel as if we need some type of mana reg. if i dont multi dot, i go oom. If i get tunneled and they dispel my VT. it's worse. I sure hope they give us some type of mana regan.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Indeed it feels that way. One thing that I've been using lately and that has helped was Mindbender. Speaking just from a 2's perspective, I know what it feels like running against a hpal/war, your dots will be dispelled all day. With the mindbender I'm able to basically cycle burst every minute, which most of the time lands me a kill. Might not be as viable for 3's, but it definitely helps against a good healer.

Shouldn't the 4pc bonus help alot on that? Say, if the paladin dispels your VT he gets feared, which is a perfect time to cc him more (that is, if RNG is in your favor and he dont gets feared in LoS). Your partner should help with the cc chain on both players of the opposing team, giving you time to get vt up on both. He only have one dispel every 8 seconds, so if you multidot you should get enough mana back.
    Mindbender should help as described above, but you should be able to get casts off, especially if you're juking alot (which you absolutely should!)

Mindbender can just be cc'd with any kind of cc and even root. I can't dispel it and if my healer dispels it, thats a waste of a dispel incase one of us gets cc'd. With mindspike hitting the same as mb with that talent 'from darkness comes life' and u have a chance to get a free heal. that is so much better.

That fear gets dr'd . so they get horror for 3 and than 1. I believe 2 ticks of a vt, just gets the cost of your VT. So if i don't have two out, i will not even come close to get the mana output i am doing. If one gets dispeled/tunneled, my mana goes down the drain. If i get cloned, i have no mana gain.

Quote Originally Posted by omniscience View Post
    Shouldn't the 4pc bonus help alot on that? Say, if the paladin dispels your VT he gets feared, which is a perfect time to cc him more (that is, if RNG is in your favor and he dont gets feared in LoS). Your partner should help with the cc chain on both players of the opposing team, giving you time to get vt up on both. He only have one dispel every 8 seconds, so if you multidot you should get enough mana back.
    Mindbender should help as described above, but you should be able to get casts off, especially if you're juking alot (which you absolutely should!)
    The set bonus has DR with itself, and anything else in the game classified as a fear or horror. They never fixed it in cataclysm they won't now. It's better then the old set bonus though (crit percent increase for mind blast LOL) however like every season healing set bonus is better for shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The set bonus has DR with itself, and anything else in the game classified as a fear or horror. They never fixed it in cataclysm they won't now.
    They did fix it, way back in Cata. In the beginning it DRed with fears, then with horrors, than they removed the DR completely.

I dunno about now in Mists, but I would be surprised if they added it back in.

*DR was removed back in 4.2

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/pat.../4-2-0#priests

As far as I know it is still gone.
    Last edited by Brianjosel; 2012-11-30 at 12:58 AM.

in 3's there isnt so great problem since in 2's if someone chases you, you will go nuts. if you are not chases by a rogue or feral it isnt so hard to get casts but once you drop psyfiend you can get some freecasts and remember dispel has cooldown vt has none. i agree that it is stupid that we must cast too freaking much to achieve something but again once opposing healer used his trinket you can even kill him with dots+dp+fiend while silence. at least i did it so many times in 2's even. remember of wotlk aspect of viper. when you start to go oom just switch to a defensive game style when you dont have cooldowns and only cast vt's around while ccing then cd burst (yes sounds like a joke) someone with 3 orbs and 3 procs