Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Blink strike > Lynx rush

    So, i just did some testing on the target dummy, and over a 10 min fight, single target, i had:

    44.873 dps with lynx rush

    50.981 dps with blink strike



    Blink strike hit, atleast 5 times where i noticed it, for 120k+

    my avg. ilvl is 483.


    I'm no theory crafter, i'm no pro raider, i make mistakes, my numbers may not be accurate since i probably made some mistakes, but this was using the standard BM rotation with KC, GT and DB on cd, AS to dump focus, you know the drill..

    well, just think you guys should try it out, i was pretty surprised with this.

    haven't tryed testing it in raids yet.

    AMoC may still be better, but i hate the 60 focus cost.

  2. #2
    What tool do you use to count this? And when you did this?

  3. #3
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    201
    Could you do some testing with AMoC as well? I assume you did this after the change of LR right?

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    3,073
    Blink Strike already had good situational uses on H-Elegon, H-Will, H-Blade Lord (where your pet can be on the boss before almost anyone during tornado alley), H-anything that requires pet movement. I'm thinking it'll be good for H-Tsulong/H-Sha at the very least but I'm not there obviously.

    If it's further buffed, it'll make BM even more whack-a-mole with its 20s CD, but at least it's a no-focus whack.

  5. #5
    Edit: I completely misread the OP, ignore this post.
    Last edited by Butu; 2012-11-29 at 09:46 AM.

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    3,073
    Blink Strike is free. I think you're thinking Glaive Toss. But yes, 20s CD vs 1m30s CD is quite the difference.

  7. #7
    still, blink strike has it advantages in both pvp and pve,

  8. #8
    The huge difference you are seeing is to much. Look at spell breakdown, probably you where really lucky crittig under Bw often in one try ore something.
    I also gave that talent tier a quick raid dummy test after 5.1 (without using the big CDs: readyness, RF, Stampede)
    And my results where about much closer.
    Lr: 50.5k, BS: 51k, aMoC: 52k

  9. #9
    when you test abilities against one another just test the abilities not a full rotation. RNG can throw things off you can get more arcane shot procs or you get more extra target hits with glaives/barrage.

    just test everything against one another where things line up like when testing BS vs LR do 9 blink strikes and 2 lynx rushes and see the damage difference, that is using both the max number of times over a 3 minute period.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    when you test abilities against one another just test the abilities not a full rotation. RNG can throw things off you can get more arcane shot procs or you get more extra target hits with glaives/barrage.

    just test everything against one another where things line up like when testing BS vs LR do 9 blink strikes and 2 lynx rushes and see the damage difference, that is using both the max number of times over a 3 minute period.

    while it may give somewhat more accurate readings in case you can pull it off in a real raid, i tend to use 10min fight test using my normal rotation to get a better look at what damage could and should be.

    like for blink strike, you say 9 vs 2 lynx rush. but in a raid you use BW aswell, increasing pet damage by 20% every 1 minute for 10 seconds. you also use readiness, and if 9 pure BS would give the exact same damage as 2 lynx rush in theory, then with readiness and BW, lynx rush would outberform BS by a lot, since the defirence between 1 extra BS and 1 extra lynxrush making it 10vs3 instead of 9vs2, would be huge.

    ^^ but that was not the case after a 10 min fight on the target dummy for me according to recount. but again, i probably didn't execute my rotation perfectly.

  11. #11
    Well, but recount (even if update) showed yesterday sick values. Quite far from reality.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    when you test abilities against one another just test the abilities not a full rotation. RNG can throw things off you can get more arcane shot procs or you get more extra target hits with glaives/barrage.

    just test everything against one another where things line up like when testing BS vs LR do 9 blink strikes and 2 lynx rushes and see the damage difference, that is using both the max number of times over a 3 minute period.
    This is avery bad idea. If you do this for example the tier 6 talents, GT would win out by a huge margin, which id does not in a real en ironment. barr vs PS: 2x 640% weapondmg vs 1x 800% weapondmg, does barrage now don50% more damage than PS? No, because in the time the barrage guy casts the second one, the PS guy casts Cobras/arcanes.

    The same accounts here. 2 lynx vs 9 BS is a difference of 7 globals in favor of lynx.
    Also the lynx guy loses pet damage in the 8 seconds the pet is not autoattscking /biteing

    Its easier to get more acurate results by doing long duration dummytest, than trying to math it out, considerig all the small sideeffects that can occur (you should check your data for accuracy and analyze outliers)

  13. #13
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    3,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    while it may give somewhat more accurate readings in case you can pull it off in a real raid, i tend to use 10min fight test using my normal rotation to get a better look at what damage could and should be.

    like for blink strike, you say 9 vs 2 lynx rush. but in a raid you use BW aswell, increasing pet damage by 20% every 1 minute for 10 seconds. you also use readiness, and if 9 pure BS would give the exact same damage as 2 lynx rush in theory, then with readiness and BW, lynx rush would outberform BS by a lot, since the defirence between 1 extra BS and 1 extra lynxrush making it 10vs3 instead of 9vs2, would be huge.

    ^^ but that was not the case after a 10 min fight on the target dummy for me according to recount. but again, i probably didn't execute my rotation perfectly.
    I believe Blink Strike is counted as pet damage too, actually. At least, it's listed under my pet's damage in my meters.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    This is avery bad idea. If you do this for example the tier 6 talents, GT would win out by a huge margin, which id does not in a real en ironment. barr vs PS: 2x 640% weapondmg vs 1x 800% weapondmg, does barrage now don50% more damage than PS? No, because in the time the barrage guy casts the second one, the PS guy casts Cobras/arcanes.

    The same accounts here. 2 lynx vs 9 BS is a difference of 7 globals in favor of lynx.
    Also the lynx guy loses pet damage in the 8 seconds the pet is not autoattscking /biteing

    Its easier to get more acurate results by doing long duration dummytest, than trying to math it out, considerig all the small sideeffects that can occur (you should check your data for accuracy and analyze outliers)
    you know during LR you pet still auto attacks and everything right??


    also in regards to your barrage vs GT they both have the same focus cost and use the same number GCDs but barrage does do more damage. people like GT because its easier to deal with i guess, with barrage being casted while moving it is now the better option because with haste it will use less time to cast for more damage.

  15. #15
    I find them all to be quite close to eachother. I change from Blink Strike and AmoC on different bosses. Blink Strike on the last 3 in terrace, for example. Could also be good on Garalon.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    you know during LR you pet still auto attacks and everything right??


    also in regards to your barrage vs GT they both have the same focus cost and use the same number GCDs but barrage does do more damage. people like GT because its easier to deal with i guess, with barrage being casted while moving it is now the better option because with haste it will use less time to cast for more damage.
    Except you lose 2-3 GCDs of instants, and autoshots using Barrage

  17. #17
    Exactly what Nam said, while Barrage is BARELY above GT, you lose out on much more in the end.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Namarus View Post
    Except you lose 2-3 GCDs of instants, and autoshots using Barrage
    and barrage can be a fucking mess, breaking ccs, attacking targets behind that you shouldnt etc. but hey. blizzard made the talents so you could switch around, not so you could bitch about what is the best and then go after that. I like to use barrage and glaive toss, just as I like to use blink strike and crows, just as I like to use post haste and hidden dragon thing.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Namarus View Post
    Except you lose 2-3 GCDs of instants, and autoshots using Barrage
    you lose NOTHING... you might pause an auto shot... but yo lose 0 instants.. with 0 haste barrage is 3 seconds that is 2 GCDs... you use 2 glaive tosses every 30 seconds... in reality you lose more time with glaive toss then barrage because of haste not to mention with BL/hero and rapid fire up like when you lust at the start of a fight barrage can be less then 1GCD.


    pausing an auto shot for more damage with less time is worth it... and it only breaks CC is you are bad.. its a big cone in front of you just aim away from the CC and the only CC in raid is windlord and the CCs are on the other side of the room or even behind you.

  20. #20
    From my testing Lynx Rush still pulls ahead of all 3. Unless you have two bosses near eachother then aMoC pulls ahead.

    Blink strike is very close though, reason I feel it lags behind is because it makes your rotation somewhat less fluid.

    Recruiting players for 14/14hc farm and upcoming expansion, pm me or www.lucewow.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •