Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    @ Nuke1096

Yeah let me know how it works out with the squid , if you need more help i can give you exactly what i did/cast/at what time for you to follow better. For the gnomes, yes multi dot but don't over do it . I cast VT and SW:P on each ( or almost each since they are so grouped up i might of missed some) . After i dot 2 or 3 , i fear them , dot the rest and just focus on two do burn down , with the procs you will get with instant mind spikes and everything it should be good. then dot again the remaining gnomes and burn each one down starting with the biggest on health.
    Thx for the advice.

Unfortunately I couldnt get the squid down. Best attempt was 11%. I think I just need better gear, namely trinkets, since both my trinkets are healer trinkets.

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Malfurion/Zhim/

Although, one thing I havent tried is speccing into the mind spike talent. I'd lose Mindbender and the increased damage from that though.

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

For Proboskus, I took the Phantasm talent, as this allowed me to "interrupt" the cast of Torrent because of the untargetable clause. This way I didn't have to sacrifice dps time from using dispersion, or lose dps from having mind bender take one for the team. This worked on Akama down the road as well. The rest was just maximizing dps time on the boss before enrage.

If anyone can offer help on Unguloxx, I am open to suggestions. He hits too hard to face tank and burn and I cant seem to find the right formula for kiting him because he moves way too fast. I am currently trying to Psychic Scream from the start, following it with a Psy Fiend, for the duration, then using Body and Soul + Dispersion to kite him long enough to get Psychic Scream and Psy Fiend to come back off cd. My assumption is that I do not have enough dps as I am only doing like 45k from all the kiting that I am trying to do.

Deleted
    @ Churd :

For Unguloxx chose the void tendril talent. Yes he one shots them but not imediately giving you some time. Don't fear from the start because it will just cause him to get immune later on. Here is how i did it after 2-3 tries :

- Shield up as you get teleported in giving you a chance for the soul weakness to pass more early
    - Dps him and after the second pw: shield is down then you use tendrils and move away from him , cast vampiric embrace and dps him again to get some health
    - If you are low on hp fear him and cast some flash heals on you , by now tendrils should be active again and cast them again and get some space between you two.
    - If it's still a problem disperse and fear him again then heal up again to full hp and redo. It should be more than enough.

Also remember to use 1k intelect flask , intelect buffing food, 4k flask from quartermaster and 20% speed cast talent to make things go smoother. + player buffs if you can get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Churd View Post
    For Proboskus, I took the Phantasm talent, as this allowed me to "interrupt" the cast of Torrent because of the untargetable clause. This way I didn't have to sacrifice dps time from using dispersion, or lose dps from having mind bender take one for the team. This worked on Akama down the road as well. The rest was just maximizing dps time on the boss before enrage.
    Wait, phantasm works? I tried it on an attempt to rupt torrent and it didnt work. Do I have to do it before he actually starts to cast it? That was the only time I ever used the talent.

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deadokk View Post
    try to party up with mage, druid and pally and ask them for buffs
    u can also ask mage for time warp when u are near to engage

I tried to kill these rare bosses 40-50 times, but I stuck on 45-55% on each, they are just unkillable at 495 ilvl
    I am certain they are very much killable at 495 ilvl.
    There is a mage in my cross-realm zone who is 484 ilvl and has killed Milhouse Manastorm. I am 485ilvl and I can get him to about 25%.
    If you absolutely maximize your DPS output to the highest your gear allows, 495il should be enough to kill at least 1 or 2 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
    Wait, phantasm works? I tried it on an attempt to rupt torrent and it didnt work. Do I have to do it before he actually starts to cast it? That was the only time I ever used the talent.
    Torrent is a "cast then channel" NPC move, use Fade as he is about to finish casting it, before he is channeling it, and he will "miss" and put it on CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    @ Churd :

For Unguloxx chose the void tendril talent. Yes he one shots them but not imediately giving you some time. Don't fear from the start because it will just cause him to get immune later on. Here is how i did it after 2-3 tries :

- Shield up as you get teleported in giving you a chance for the soul weakness to pass more early
    - Dps him and after the second pw: shield is down then you use tendrils and move away from him , cast vampiric embrace and dps him again to get some health
    - If you are low on hp fear him and cast some flash heals on you , by now tendrils should be active again and cast them again and get some space between you two.
    - If it's still a problem disperse and fear him again then heal up again to full hp and redo. It should be more than enough.

Also remember to use 1k intelect flask , intelect buffing food, 4k flask from quartermaster and 20% speed cast talent to make things go smoother. + player buffs if you can get any.
    I did it with 488iLvl, Mindbender and ToF like this
    - Pot when teleported
    - PWS, PoM
    - MB, MF
    - Fear
    - VT,SWP
    - Tendrils
    - Shield run away
    - MB/MF/Re-DOT
    - Mindbender, Fade
    - DPS
    - tendrils
    - PWS,VE,
    - Kill

I was >80% health on the kill if i recall corectly
    Last edited by Keosen; 2012-12-03 at 09:30 AM.

http://i.imgur.com/Pwb9H.jpg
    When Boss Bazzelflange patrols around once, and arrives at the red pillar X is when you get ported in.
    The challengers spawn within 5 seconds, what i do is i use the stopwatch built into the default interface and start it right as i get ported it. Once it hits 4 i prepot and then get ready for the fight.

So far I've put 30 attempts into most of the Rank 8 Bosses.

The easiest I found was Zen'shar (The eyeball)
    As soon as you see him spawn, run to the green pillar and hug the wall. Doing this will allow you to ignore all the green beams which spawn once you kill each eye. I prepot and halo asap as i reach the wall, and spam mindseer. The next requirement is to just avoid the purple circles on the ground by hugging the wall.

The next easiest I believe in my opinion is Disruptron. People may disagree with me and say Millhouse Manastorm but oh well.
    My strategy for this is to levitate above the beams, and theres a specific safe spot i used which is hard to judge its position but its the purple pillar. Standing here with levitate will let you avoid all orbs, and all laser beams letting you focus 100% on dpsing. Still a very hard fight as far as dps requirement goes and best attempt so far is 7%.

Next is Millhouse Manastorm
    Most that have tried all know that this is an RNG fight and requires at least a perfect placement of totems first off to gain stacks asap. Ive had multiple attempts where ive had perfect totem placement throughout the fight and still failed at around 17%.

And finally Epicus Maximus
    This fight really sucks to us. But ive recently found a very specific spot where you can have the laser beam bug out and not follow you. I want to say it has something to do with the smokebomb that spawns but i have not been able to figure out the exact mechanic yet. The blue skill is almost always cast right after the beam channel has finished and THIS CAN BE INTERRUPTED. Because our class has only a 45 second silence (excluding those pesky bloodelfs with arcane torrent), then we're stuck silencing the first, and then kiting epicus to one side of the room before he starts his laser channel again. Once he starts run across the opposite side and outrange the blue animated skill. Again a huge dps requirement and i wish you the best of luck!

Just for the record I did this with 489 ilvl and ive only killed Zen'shar. Best attempts on others are Disruptron 7%, Millhouse 13%, Epicus 21%

Hope this helps to anyone.

EDIT: Also i forgot to mention what talents I found useful. Ive been driven to the fact that Divine Insight is the superior dps talent for the 75 tier talents for raiding. But for burst fights like Millhouse ive noticed that Power Infusion is the superior choice as the amount of dps you need to achieve will be easier with the extra haste over the 2minute period.
    Divine Star was also recently buffed and i urge you all to try this for Millhouse as it tends to not destroy totems.
    Last edited by Freezy333; 2012-12-03 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Fixing mistakes

Just wanted to report back. I finally beat him tonight. Ironically, it was when my gear was all reforged/gemmed back to spirit for my raid. Afterward, I went in to play around with some guildies and just do some practice attempts on him. I ended up getting an 10% wipe, then tried him again and killed him.

A couple things happened. First, I put in the Mind Flay Glyph, which really helped during Rain Dance for the added speed boost. Secondly, something happened that was odd that I noticed on a few attempts. He never used a second Torrent, and instead used 3 Rain Dances, the third of which happened, right as he enraged, which gave me an extra 10 seconds of dps.

I pre-potted. Mind blasted right away. Put up Pain. Then VE. Then Rupted his Torrent with Phantasm Talented. Then I popped my Shadowed Fiend and dps'ed through Rain dance as much as possible. Getting lucky with MB and MS procs. I was also shielding myself whenever I could remember for the additional damage from the Glyph.

I definitely got lucky, but if I can do it in healing gear, any of you guys can.

Glyphs were Shield Relfect, Mind Flay, and Mind Spike

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Why are you talking down to me so much, i obviously made it this far in the brawlers guild im not an idiot lol.

Again, problem is NOT healing! I bind healthstone to VE because i pop VE at low health, the stone gets me back up to a marginal level and VE stabilizes me afterwards. I also use divine star which is 50k healing if none of it crits, on top of bubbles/pom/renew. I agree buffs are quite essential, just that not many people are down there now. Once i get full buffs i will try it again, but i honestly doubt i will get this until i acquire more gear.
    Wow, I couldn't think of a more rude way to react to someone trying to honestly help you. What a jerk reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozoseph View Post
    I'm stuck at the leper gnomes, end of rank five as a combat rogue. Always end up with one of them left with quite high HP, dont know what to do. Only raid finder geared, but still almost fully raid finder.
    Let me know if you down them and how you did it. I'm stuck on them too and extremely frustrated. I'm assassination but i can go combat if I really have to.

Not sure if this is a tip or trick, but if you don't want to miss your turn, check out Brawler on Curse. It dings like NPCScan when you are next in line.

10+ Year Old Account
    So are casters still cheesing Disruptron
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Yes casters can still cheese Disruptron. Doesn't help us priests as its still a very hard dps race even without the movement.
    I've noticed for Epicus Maximus, if you stand at the very very center of his model, sometimes you can bug out the mortors and lasers to not hit you. Sometimes the laser still chases you so you have to take a few steps away from the beam but can still make it work. Then the only thing you have to worry about is the interrupt for blue crush. But again priests only get one interrupt for that

Does anyone have advice for Yikkan Izu, that big bird with 4 bird adds? I wiped 6-7 times on it, tried full nuke with fearing adds and boss, tried kiting, tried mindsearing adds at start then ignore next waves, but nothing works. 485ilvl gear, haste capped, prepotting, partly buffed

thnx

For Yikkan Izu, I succeeded fairly easily once I started killing all the adds. Before then, it was a nightmare. You need to kill them quickly, as soon as they spawn, otherwise he'll enrage on you - Divine Star/Mind Sear is highest priority while there are adds up. In the gaps, just keep killing the main guy.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just beated the 3rd boss of rank 7 i just burned the boss ignored the mechanic, i used a flask, didnt use food, got kings and dark intent, used power infusion with mindbender and waited for some npcs to get hostiles so i could start with 3 orbs, i dps trhought no stop until 4 millions, first explosion was healed by vampiric touch, second one with prayer of mending, renew and pws and 1 healtstone and by the time i got the 3rd explosion boss was 1 million left so i full dot him, and healed my self everytime i got damage, at the end my dps was 85k and 2 million healing with 1:58 time, hope this help everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Does anyone have advice for Yikkan Izu, that big bird with 4 bird adds? I wiped 6-7 times on it, tried full nuke with fearing adds and boss, tried kiting, tried mindsearing adds at start then ignore next waves, but nothing works. 485ilvl gear, haste capped, prepotting, partly buffed

thnx
    Just mind sear the adds (when 3 or 4,max, are up) every time and you are golden, easy fight, just keep the priority adds>boss
    Last edited by Keosen; 2012-12-07 at 11:41 AM.

Not sure if its been said, for alliance you can head up to the IF side of the tram and MB the rats to go in with 3 orbs

15+ Year Old Account
    I got all the way to the Raven boss (Rank 6, Round 1) without a single death, I've died like 10+ times on the Raven though - soooo annoying! I understand the whole "dont let too many stacks build up, but kill birds" thing - but if anyone has some good tricks on that I'd be grateful At this point I'm just waiting until I have enough gear to blow him up before it matters, almost managed it last time I tried it.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter