Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Most horrible profession to level up

Got to rant but at the same time see your experiences; Power lvling BS is possibly one of the most horrible / expensive things I have ever done like /cries in a corner I've spent about 15k so far and It's 450?

-.-

Deleted
    Engineering, so freaking annoying. Bah, never again!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree with you Apathy on BS.
    Well, toss up really, LW can be pretty bad too. On my realm (low pop/med), there usually isn't alot of mats on AH or it's a controlled market (making it every expensive).

The rest itsn't all that bad.

I'm only missing skinning/LW for the Master of All achieve, due to my alt being 85 and untouched and due to not having an LW on my main realm.

Just Mists leveling or the whole way?

Engineering for Mists, would say Leatherworking overall though, depends on your server economy etc of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Just Mists leveling or the whole way?

Engineering for Mists, would say Leatherworking overall though, depends on your server economy etc of course.
    Entire thing if anything :P my experience with BS has been horribly /wristing adding with salt on those wounds

I've leveled all professions so I would say: Skinning. Nothing more annoying than wasting time to skin shit you kill in less than one second. Would be more convenient if it was instant-skin or rather mass-skin. Lol, I know I'm lazy.

But if we're talking about professions like BS. Yes, they can be annoying, but only when there aren't enough mats on the AH. xD

Deleted
    farm nodes? /end of

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Envoy360 View Post
    farm nodes? /end of
    That's free you don't have to buy them all! ._.

Does Archi count? :S
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    I usually powerlevel proffs. I pick up 2 gathering proffesion on one toon and use it to collect the mats needed for example BS/engineering.

makes it easy and less nerve breaking.

Alchemy.... Hahah, no, couldn't keep a straight face there.

Blacksmithing or Engineering takes the cake, I think. Not only are mats horrible to get, but for both of those professions you have to make an item to make an item, so to speak. Like the folded obsidium in Cata, or ghost iron bolts in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Does Archi count? :S
    yes archi counts too :O

Deleted
    Blacksmithing with those 10 sec crafts eevry now and then.
    Horrible.

Attempting to get my DK's Blacksmithing up as I have neglected it for ages. She's 275 and oh my lord I still have to grind like 300 Thorium :/ Personally I am dreading farming Cobalt and TBC mats for it. Luckily I saved all my Cata mats and have picked up more than enough Ghost Iron.
    RETH

Almost every profession from ~200 until ~500 is incredibly expensive. I guess enchanting set me back 2k gold, and that's with hellofalot of stuff that I had lying around. But stuff like ghost iron is so common that I leveled up both engineering and blacksmithing just by mining the nodes that I happen to encounter during leveling, and I still have lots of stacks left. That includes alot of transmutes as well, making alchemy leveling in MOP a breeze. The worst parts are ofc the damn SOHs.
    Mother pus bucket!

15+ Year Old Account
    BS and Engi 1-525 is TRUE pain (after 525 they are easy)
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    BS is annoying because you need a shitload of ore to craft a single piece.

Eng is annoying because you need to built a part which is part of a part of a part of another part which is needed for a part of your desired item. In short for your item you need different smaller thing which must be made out of other things each. Kinda hard to keep up.

Leatherworking easily top them all. Engi BS etc come after.

Just leveled up Tailoring, all is okayish till you get WOTLK, you need about 1200 frost weave, cost me an absolute fortune.

Leatherworking.

If leveling Skinning also, the only Profession that gets more tedious the higher level you are.

Fly, kill absurdly low level mob, skin and get crap, rinse and repeat. At least with other gathering Profs you briefly have to stop.