Page 64 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Looks to me like the WCR chart shows activity higher than at any time in the last year of Cata. So not sure why anyone would predict a sub loss based on the "evidence" presented in this thread.
    Yep what a JOKE of a thread. Since the OP posted his thread ALL activity went higher again ....

Activity is HIGHER than CATA ever.

XFire is higher too since patch.

With the LATEST figures, WOW seems to have around 10.5 million players again...

It shows how untrustworthy these samples really are....

--- It doesn't surprise me either...

What is the competition for the winter ? Only EX hyped games that are losing their activity.

Everyone back to WOW I guess...

I am still hanging out in Diablo 3 though: real money thing.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-12-06 at 11:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    So, you're claiming you're immune to confirmation bias? Gosh.
    Considering the context of this thread and what I have actually said, no. Can you at least try? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Yep what a JOKE of a thread. Since the OP posted his thread ALL activity went higher again ....

Activity is HIGHER than CATA ever.

XFire is higher too since patch.

With the LATEST figures, WOW seems to have around 10.5 million players again...

It shows how untrustworthy these samples really are....

--- It doesn't surprise me either...

What is the competition for the winter ? Only EX hyped games that are losing their activity.

Everyone back to WOW I guess...

I am still hanging out in Diablo 3 though: real money thing.
    Because he and (from what I've noticed) two certain other posters in this thread thrive on this "WoW is dying" crap they've been posting for like 4 years now. You'd think they'd move on to bigger and better things but alas, our hopes and dreams cannot come true.

That tends to happen the week after a patch releases.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I'm no statistics expert or anything, but it looks like the last data point on the WCR chart is weeks before the patch.

Regardless, even at the lowest MoP data point on that chart, the aggregate activity is STILL higher than it was at any of the Cata data points on that chart.

So you post with a negative title ...3 days before a new patch releases, which negates your thread ...

Seriously, the WoW census tool shows an activity that's BIGGER than all of the year 2012 up and including Nov/Dec 2011.

The only hic up is when the expansion launched and everyone and his dog would play for 10 hours per day for 2 or 3 weeks....

No one plays like this for 3 months straight.......

As a matter of fact: Xfire is extremely stable for a new expansion. Most new launches drop 70 to 80% activity in hours after their (re)launch. Not so with MoP...

I would advice you too to look at the XFire forums: Did you know that more than 50% of PC's playing WoW are ... No longer tracked since the pre patch 5.0 ...
    Vista players are no longer detected. Several complaints about that. You need to manually change the files to get detected by Xfire since the pre patch, resulting in a huge drop back in August.

Just look at the forums and it even has a sticky for it to talk about these WoW problems and they still persist...

Besides that, the only downward trend is the usual Xfire trend having less and less players using the tool.

But compared to both GW2 and SWTOR WoW constantly gains % in the last months....

... And these 2 games had ... Yep ... New patches and even a relaunch ...

----

So you got owned by your own stats and the title is old hat news.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-12-07 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    I'm no statistics expert or anything, but it looks like the last data point on the WCR chart is weeks before the patch.
    Well, you may also notice that September occurs twice in the labeling of the time axis.

I think he needs to debug his graph generating routine.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 01:07 AM ----------

So you post with a negative title ...3 days before a new patch releases, which negates your thread ....
    No, it doesn't negate my thread.

Unless you're someone desperately looking for one data point to feed your confirmation bias.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Let's say game activity is indeed falling and there is merit to the OP's claims. Is there a point being made here?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Let's say game activity is indeed falling and there is merit to the OP's claims. Is there a point being made here?
    Well, it's a jumping point off for speculation on theories about why it's falling, and why it's falling quickly compared to previous expansions. These range from theories of the "OMG WoW DYING" sort, to "people just getting kind of tired", to reaction to specific design features, and so on.

Deleted
    People saying this data isn't reliable are delusional. The way it is gathered or from what Audience really doesn't matter all that much. People said the very same thing when data from the same sources was provided for D3 and guess what, the data was right.

The thing about MoP is that it does everything wrong it could possibly do. MoP is taking the fun out of a great many things and turning them into work. It feels more like a chore then something you'd want to do.

Add to that that PvP at this point is absolutely messed up and Bots are completly wrecking any and every kind of random PvP thus driving away PvPers. While PvE is a mindless, boring grind fest and the promise for 5.2 is "more dailys!".

Well, it's a jumping point off for speculation on theories about why it's falling, and why it's falling quickly compared to previous expansions. These range from theories of the "OMG WoW DYING" sort, to "people just getting kind of tired", to reaction to specific design features, and so on.
    I personally think a lot of it is burnout. There's been so much for players to do now what with the dailies being tied to valor gear and extra rolls in raids, three (four?) raids on LFR, etc. You can only do dailies daily for so long.

Elder Scrolls Online is gonna kill WoW.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im older than i was yesterday...technically speaking because im not being born im dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
    I heard ES:O had a really poor reveal at E3...something about poor responsiveness/UI design. I haven't heard much about the game since or tried the demo but I am hoping the game is better than what I've heard about so far.

WoW is still well over 10 million active players, perhaps even close to 11 million.

Stick to the biggest servers for your continent and you will be fine.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
    There is this game called Guild wars 2 thats comming out thats supposed to kill WoW i heard, oh and star wars has an MMO coming out thats supposed to kill WoW too cant wait! im expecting it all to be better than WoW therefore im holding my standards super high so when it comes out i can be very disapointed when the game is just a game and WoW still is alive.... and i can come back here and trash all of them including WoW!

this forum should have been closed along time ago imo, seeig how it was OP intention to get a rise out of WoW players (and its worked).
    Last edited by Triegh; 2012-12-07 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triegh View Post
    There is this game called Guild wars 2 thats comming out thats supposed to kill WoW i heard, oh and star wars has an MMO coming out thats supposed to kill WoW too cant wait! im expecting it all to be better than WoW therefore im holding my standards super high so when it comes out i can be very disapointed when the game is just a game and WoW still is alive.... and i can come back here and trash all of them including WoW!
    I think that most of the people who float from MMO to MMO are simply burnt out of the genre and need to go play something else for awhile. That being said, in the last few years I've tried every major MMO that has come out and the only ones I still play now are wow and swtor, and I haven't logged into swtor in awhile. I wish that game allowed addons, it would improve the game enormously (maybe it does by now, idk).

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I think that most of the people who float from MMO to MMO are simply burnt out of the genre and need to go play something else for awhile. That being said, in the last few years I've tried every major MMO that has come out and the only ones I still play now are wow and swtor, and I haven't logged into swtor in awhile. I wish that game allowed addons, it would improve the game enormously (maybe it does by now, idk).
    I agree,I play WoW and have played all the rest and enjoyed them but the rest of the community shouldn't have to suffer other players QQing and pointless rants about what game is better than another or what game is "dying", there are simple solutions to being burnt out on MMOs go play a shooter,RTS,action game...go outside? i heard the graphics are amazing!

No, it doesn't negate my thread.

Unless you're someone desperately looking for one data point to feed your confirmation bias.
    Since WOW is growing against both GW2 and SW TOR on a DAILY basis now on Xfire .

http://www.xfire.com/genre/mmo/massi...player_online/

And WOW Census shows growth vs DEC 2011 data BIG time.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weeklyfactionactivity.php

yes your points in the OP are no longer valid.

I expect excuses unless you want to be reported for spreading FALSE information and trolling. BTW the same techniques from hating trolls were used every other expansion even with TBC and WOtlk (as launch activity is always 50% MORE in the first few weeks).Trolls know that so they use it. SO the question remains why do you use these false troll elements?

BTW: Player numbers will NEVER "kill" WOW since ...Player populations on single Realms are not even relevant anymore since the introduction of Cross Realm Content. So when in 10 years time WOW would have 1 million players, a region wide open world would have 300K players playing on ONE server cluster, that's 30 times MORE players around than a single 2012 server can even hold...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-12-07 at 08:10 AM.

It's not hard to understand why people played 50% more the first few weeks.
    We did after all have to level a char or ten to lvl 90, gear them up for raiding/pvping and finish our proffesions - takes time, hours of grinding.

Now we: Raid 3-5 days each week for a couple of hours each day, we do our arena/RBG matches and maybe do some daily quests on the side - Wont take that much time.

People was literaly (Dunno if that is spelled right) playing 24/7. Now they log in, do what they need to do, log out.

Cant realy understand how this a "game dying".
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore