Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    So it's basically same as 2hnd str users ? And like someone said before, RNG is RNG, and going with a DS approach where everyone gets their weapons off last boss would be a terrible idea.

  2. #82
    Ever since ToES has been out Ive burned all 3 coins on Lei. I am the only one that could use the wep off Will in my 10 man group so no need imo to burn one on that at this point. Nothing... still sporting the 463 blue! Up until ToES hit LFR I used a coin on Will in LFR and in Raid, but still got nothing and saved my other for Elgalon or Sha. It is pretty frustrating that one boss drops our Sha touched weapons and it has a low drop rate on top of that...

    Oh well I have one coin left that I will try and use tonight on Lei once I get home from work. Here is hoping! RNG is sadly RNG. At least I have my gem and am ready to go if/when it ever drops!

  3. #83
    50th roll here and still blue bow..can't believe this is happening

  4. #84
    OP reporting again, I honestly refuse to believe RNG can be this bad.
    Five weeks running with NOTHING but gold from coins - way to waste 225 daily quests
    Got my 4set today luckily, i was only one on prot token without 496 tierpiece and it dropped from sha of fear - replacing 496 galleon head, but 4 set is kind of improvement.
    And ofc still blue bow, whilst burning all those crappy coins on weapon bosses ('cept of LFR will obviously cos its the weakest - 2x leishi and normal WIll)

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Esubane/simple

    Seven LFR TES clears, five normal TES clears, eight normal Will kills, eleven LFR Will kills...NOTHING. I'd understand this if it was some odd trinket or off-set pair of gloves, or second ring... but WEAPON? Something directly connected to legendary quest i completed 5 weeks ago and can't even use that reward??

    There are 3 hunters in my guild total - i'm main hunter, 2 others are raidable alts. Only one of us has LFR gun, two of three are on blue weapons. And the hunter with LFR gun doesn't have 500 gem. What a wonderful way to screw over guild by pure RNG and untradeable items

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    OP reporting again, I honestly refuse to believe RNG can be this bad.
    Five weeks running with NOTHING but gold from coins - way to waste 225 daily quests
    Got my 4set today luckily, i was only one on prot token without 496 tierpiece and it dropped from sha of fear - replacing 496 galleon head, but 4 set is kind of improvement.
    And ofc still blue bow, whilst burning all those crappy coins on weapon bosses ('cept of LFR will obviously cos its the weakest - 2x leishi and normal WIll)

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Esubane/simple

    Seven LFR TES clears, five normal TES clears, eight normal Will kills, eleven LFR Will kills...NOTHING. I'd understand this if it was some odd trinket or off-set pair of gloves, or second ring... but WEAPON? Something directly connected to legendary quest i completed 5 weeks ago and can't even use that reward??

    There are 3 hunters in my guild total - i'm main hunter, 2 others are raidable alts. Only one of us has LFR gun, two of three are on blue weapons. And the hunter with LFR gun doesn't have 500 gem. What a wonderful way to screw over guild by pure RNG and untradeable items
    I'm with you. They need to up the drop rate on ranged weapons . I'm still using a normal MV bow and I'm clearing H MV and normal terrace every week.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  6. #86
    The Patient Varum93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I'm with you. They need to up the drop rate on ranged weapons . I'm still using a normal MV bow and I'm clearing H MV and normal terrace every week.
    just seems to be silly drop rates aswe only class that uses is annoying.

    daggers drop more often and tbh only rogues use them.

  7. #87
    The problem isn't the drop rate alone but the clusterf...k the loot tables are, at least in 10 man raiding.
    Let's take lei shi which drops the sha gun which is main hunter weapon for this tier (normal gun with gem sims better than HC will bow)
    It has 3 tokens and 17 items on the table, of which there is always 1 token and 1 random item. ONE item, one god damn item out of 17, this can be the gun, trinket, belt, armor piece whatever.
    Sure we got LFR and coins but absymal success rate of those isn't making it any easier. So far I just wasted time to clear LFR TES 7 times because I never got a single loot piece from it (not only gun, no loot whatsoever)

    While our GM has five sha touched weapons on monk because they drop non stop, he can't use them for any OS anymore, nor any guildie can... we disenchant staves, caster swords, daggers cos everyone has this shit by now.

  8. #88
    Hate to come on here and brag but just wanted to say I got super lucky on Lei Shi. Our first kill last week (10m) the gun doesn't drop. So naturally I use a coin. It rolls and lands on loot....I'm on the edge of my seat then I see it "Taoren, The Soul Burner"! I freak out on vent of course, etc etc. Now have a 504 ilvl wep with Sha gem. Like everyone said RNG is a bitch, until it works in your favor I suppose. But I feel the pain for all my fellow hunters. Using a blue weapon sucks

    PS Also http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lisen/advanced you can see I had plenty of Will kills both LFR and Normal. Got lucky on 10th kill of Will LFR and got bow. Still not seen it drop in normal.

    Good luck to you all in your future kills though.
    Last edited by Valisen; 2012-12-27 at 04:04 PM.

  9. #89
    I used 3 coins on Lei Shi LFRthis week because we ain't raiding, got triple gold + shoulders so a crystal.
    It's pretty likely I'll get a weapon in T15 before I get one here.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It's worse seeing the weapons get disenchanted on heroic WOTE because you play a DK alt for gripping rages into ring's of frost ;_;.
    My sad story =( But Lei'shi hm drops two guns, she is so cute =)

  11. #91
    I don't know that things are really that bad this go around.

    Compare with Ultraxion or Gunship, which also drop tier. Each boss has 22 non-quest items on their table. Both also drop weapons, although not ours (ours came from Zonozz with 21 items, and Madness with only 9). FL was pretty screwy with that trash drop nonsense but the one weapon that was legitimately a boss drop came on a boss with 21 items.

    If loot tables are about the same, our chances of getting a weapon are actually better now that coins are a thing.

  12. #92
    The Patient Varum93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    322
    yeah you get two chances at the weapon and the coin doesnt have such a large loot table.

  13. #93
    I've never seen this as such a big issue in other xpacks so I doubt there is nothing going on. My personal experience is also not seeing a bow for 3months from either wote or lei shi but ofc this is about the big picture. And the big picture suggests ranged slot just isn't dropping enough.

    Giving them a better drop chance wouldn't be the solution since you'd still have RNG and also a lot of double drops later on. The real solution is making hunter dps less dependent on the weapon. I feel the ranged slot is now even more important than our ranged+melee slots were put together. If it only of importance compared to gloves/head (still very high slots), it would feel a lot less punishing to play a hunter in this xpack.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    I'm not whining, I'm doing a cold math here which is really unfavorable for all hunters in this tier. I NEVER seen one epic ranged weapon drop, let alone win one.
    Isn't there a bow that drops on 5H Gate of Setting Sun?

    Also, you can go bum around in BGs to earn honor and then buy a weapon when next season comes out.

  15. #95
    The Patient Varum93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by StijnDP View Post
    I've never seen this as such a big issue in other xpacks so I doubt there is nothing going on. My personal experience is also not seeing a bow for 3months from either wote or lei shi but ofc this is about the big picture. And the big picture suggests ranged slot just isn't dropping enough.

    Giving them a better drop chance wouldn't be the solution since you'd still have RNG and also a lot of double drops later on. The real solution is making hunter dps less dependent on the weapon. I feel the ranged slot is now even more important than our ranged+melee slots were put together. If it only of importance compared to gloves/head (still very high slots), it would feel a lot less punishing to play a hunter in this xpack.
    I think its just RNG my guild seems to get bow drops quite often from MSV.

  16. #96
    roll count: 60

    fml

    Last edited by Konik; 2012-12-30 at 10:11 PM.

  17. #97
    We got our first heroic Lei Shi kill this week and 2 guns dropped - perfect for myself and the other raiding hunter. That was the 3rd ranged weapon i've done 2/2 VP upgrade on - so yeah, this tier has far more options for ranged weapons than many previous ones. It also helps to be very lucky as well

  18. #98
    The Patient Varum93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinegos View Post
    We got our first heroic Lei Shi kill this week and 2 guns dropped - perfect for myself and the other raiding hunter. That was the 3rd ranged weapon i've done 2/2 VP upgrade on - so yeah, this tier has far more options for ranged weapons than many previous ones. It also helps to be very lucky as well
    lmao GZ and yeah tend to drop in pairs ive seen XD

  19. #99
    The gun finally dropped in a pug I was in last week... I rolled a 32 and the other hunter one it.
    Of all the times/places, the ONE time I do 10TES with another hunter - it drops.


  20. #100
    you still got 489 bow

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •