Enhance - How do they play?

Hey all, just had a few questions regarding enhance. I haven't played my shaman in years, and last I remember was Enhance having to do fire totem/Earthshock/weave in flame shocks/Lava Lash/Stormstrike/wolves..etc... Just a ton of spells for pirority list is what is was. It was far too hectic for me to enjoy. Ntm, I haven't followed Shamans at all with MOP, but from what my friend told me is that Totems aren't really being used constantly now, they are more of CDs you need to save?

Anyways, whats their rotation like now? How are they when it comes to PVP? Are they just another mediocre class?

Quote Originally Posted by Redbtk View Post
    Are they just another mediocre class?
    It's a spec not a class.

Yes it's still a priority list instead of a rotation. PvE they are well placed and an asset to raids.

They are difficult to play well in PvP and perform poorly in the hands of someone who is not willing to be a support spec outside of burst cooldowns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

As for PvE, they're about the same from Cata, as far as rotation goes. We haven't been GCD locked since then, so there's plenty of downtime (maybe too much). Our AoE is slightly different, and really effective with a lot of targets and ample time, however it can get hectic. As for totems, the only important one(s) to drop are Searing and Magma, depending on how many targets are up. I personally don't think the single target priority is hectic. The AoE just gets annoying because you have to remember to weave in Fire Nova (and buff it with UF) every 4s, on top of the typical priority (while substituting CL for LB). Spreading Flame Shock can also be tricky if Flame Shock and/or Lava Lash is on cooldown.

Other than that though, I do enjoy Enhancement. And Ascendance and Wolves are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by PaintOnASign View Post
    As for PvE, they're about the same from Cata, as far as rotation goes. We haven't been GCD locked since then, so there's plenty of downtime (maybe too much). Our AoE is slightly different, and really effective with a lot of targets and ample time, however it can get hectic. As for totems, the only important one(s) to drop are Searing and Magma, depending on how many targets are up. I personally don't think the single target priority is hectic. The AoE just gets annoying because you have to remember to weave in Fire Nova (and buff it with UF) every 4s, on top of the typical priority (while substituting CL for LB). Spreading Flame Shock can also be tricky if Flame Shock and/or Lava Lash is on cooldown.

Other than that though, I do enjoy Enhancement. And Ascendance and Wolves are awesome.
    I think you're forgetting Fire Elemental, Earth Elemental, Healing Tide Totem (If you're specced into it) and the other utility totems that certainly get used a lot whether in Raiding or dungeons / PvP.

OT:

Enhancement is in a really good position at the moment. They bring amazing utility to the raid, on top of high DPS. They're pretty powerful in PvP, I personally don't PvP much as Enhance, but they have solid burst and control with their numerous totems and abilities. Enhancement burst damage is very strong also.

The priority system is actually pretty simple, most classes are like that anyway.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    They're pretty powerful in PvP, I personally don't PvP much as Enhance, but they have solid burst and control with their numerous totems and abilities. Enhancement burst damage is very strong also.
    I wouldn't really call them powerful at the moment with 2 of their 3 aspects of survivability in PvP taking quite a big nerf.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.