Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Heroes of Newerth! All Heroes Free.

    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...oes-Going-Free

    Need any other reason to play? Everything about it is already better then LoL and DOTA 2.

  2. #2
    If by everything, you mean nothing, then sure!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Need any other reason to play? Everything about it is already better then LoL and DOTA 2.
    Most would disagree with you.

    http://www.gamespot.com/news/league-...report-6386428
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

    He would be NORMAL, compared to me." - Remnas

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/727187-Bio-Remnas

    Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Remnas/simple

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Remnas View Post
    Eh, trust me iv played enough LoL to understand whats good about it. But it's no where near as good as HoN
    Simple reasons being.

    -Graphics look just... way to maple story with flaming pixie dust sprinkled on top of it, that's just me though, I prefer blood and guts when something dies on my game.
    -Player base... LOL's player base is 13-17 year olds that are stuck on the latest Internet meme or trend. The worst you get on HoN is someone from EU who speaks the same English as most Americans sadly
    -The map is half the size of HoN's.
    -The vision trees have make for wayyy better game play then bushes.
    -Monkey courier.
    -Ability items are no existent in LOL
    -Taunts, Announcers and novelty on hon... LOL - An Enemy has been slain. On HoN you have such varity in everything you do.
    -Heroes are now all free on HON enough said.
    -When you die you lose gold. I don't see why LoL baby sits bads.
    -You can deny creep and towers preventing XP and Gold..
    -New Hero Weekly.
    -The devs care about the community, they are constantly hosting trivia for prizes in general chat, playing with the player base every Friday, or hosting events.
    -To much to say, they are different games... I was just letting everyone know the heroes are now free to play

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    If by everything, you mean nothing, then sure!
    I'm going to second this, and since you seem to want to make this into a HoN vs LoL vs Dota 2 thread im going to say this has been hashed out over and over.

    People will have their own flavor, and you are entitled to enjoy HoN, but it by no means makes it a better game. It's an argument that is akin to BF3 vs MW3. As for your argument that HoN is better than DOTA 2, i quit HoN far before it became FTP, and it was namely because of the community. When you even have csr's smack talking players on the forums you can't expect anything good to come from that.

    I am now playing Dota 2, and find it to fit my taste far better than HoN. I play LoL on occasion too.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Eh, trust me iv played enough LoL to understand whats good about it.
    Translation: I've played for a week.
    But it's no where near as good as HoN
    Simple reasons being.


    -Graphics look just... way to maple story with flaming pixie dust sprinkled on top of it, that's just me though, I prefer blood and guts when something dies on my game.
    Subjective topic is subjective. That and you're over exaggerating. I find HoN muddy and ugly.
    -Player base... LOL's player base is 13-17 year olds that are stuck on the latest Internet meme or trend. The worst you get on HoN is someone from EU who speaks the same English as most Americans sadly
    Most people who play LoL are actually above the age of 20, and I've had much worse interactions in HoN than in LoL or DotA 2.
    -The map is half the size of HoN's.
    And HoN's map is a near carbon copy of DotAs. Your point?
    -The vision trees have make for wayyy better game play then bushes.
    Subjective.
    -Monkey courier.
    I prefer Nyan cat.
    -Ability items are no existent in LOL
    Rylais.
    -Taunts, Announcers and novelty on hon... LOL - An Enemy has been slain. On HoN you have such varity in everything you do.
    I don't care.
    -Heroes are now all free on HON enough said.
    Too little too late. They should have done this ages ago. Now they're just trying to save a dying game.
    -When you die you lose gold. I don't see why LoL baby sits bads.
    Same happens in DotA. Your point?
    -You can deny creep and towers preventing XP and Gold..
    Plenty of explanations for why that's not in LoL. Also it's a different game.
    -New Hero Weekly.
    Flat out lie is flat out? They update at around the same rate as LoL (which is roughly every 2 weeks).
    -The devs care about the community, they are constantly hosting trivia for prizes in general chat, playing with the player base every Friday, or hosting events.
    I'll just leave this here. go to page 5 and read JohnnyUtah's post. http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...-Legends/page5
    -To much to say, they are different games... I was just letting everyone know the heroes are now free to play
    And it will continue to be inferior.
    Get back to me when you can give facts instead of opinions, and when your game doesn't port a good chunk of their hero base directly from DotA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elgand View Post
    I do think I rest my case
    I like you.
    Last edited by Remnas; 2012-07-20 at 02:19 AM.
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

    He would be NORMAL, compared to me." - Remnas

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/727187-Bio-Remnas

    Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Remnas/simple

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Eh, trust me iv played enough LoL to understand whats good about it. But it's no where near as good as HoN
    Simple reasons being.

    -Graphics look just... way to maple story with flaming pixie dust sprinkled on top of it, that's just me though, I prefer blood and guts when something dies on my game.
    You are entitled to you opinion, but it is your opinion.
    -Player base... LOL's player base is 13-17 year olds that are stuck on the latest Internet meme or trend. The worst you get on HoN is someone from EU who speaks the same English as most Americans sadly
    Show us proof that this statement is fact and not just conjecture
    -The map is half the size of HoN's.
    This doesn't mean it is worse, and DOTA 2 has the same map size as HoN
    -The vision trees have make for wayyy better game play then bushes.
    I prefer HoN and DOTA style to grass, but it is still a preference.
    -Monkey courier.
    As opposed to the couriers in DOTA 2? I far prefer the options in DOTA 2. No courier in LoL is a game mechanic that works.
    -Ability items are no existent in LOL
    And ability power is non-existant in HoN and DOTA 2. AP is a game mechanic, is different from the competition, and is well balanced. So it is a personal preference.
    -Taunts, Announcers and novelty on hon... LOL - An Enemy has been slain. On HoN you have such varity in everything you do.
    Those taunts, were blatantly stolen from Dota (Aside from RAGEQUIT) and currently exist in quite a variety in DOTA 2.
    -Heroes are now all free on HON enough said.
    Heroes in DOTA 2 are free as well.
    -When you die you lose gold. I don't see why LoL baby sits bads.
    When you die in LoL your opponent still gets gold. Its balanced differently, and still works. Completely preferential
    -You can deny creep and towers preventing XP and Gold..
    A design preference again. I enjoy the deny mechanic, but its controversial to this day, why would you want to kill something on your side? What sense does it make?
    -New Hero Weekly.
    This is LoL's design, and DOTA 2 has been coming out with 1-2 heroes per week
    -The devs care about the community, they are constantly hosting trivia for prizes in general chat, playing with the player base every Friday, or hosting events.
    This comment is very biased, and completely ignores the horrible comments made on the parts of the dev's and csr team regarding players in their own community.
    -To much to say, they are different games... I was just letting everyone know the heroes are now free to play
    I do think I rest my case
    Last edited by Elgand; 2012-07-20 at 02:18 AM.

  8. #8
    Obviously they're preparing for DOTA2 launch. I wish them best luck, but care very little.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...oes-Going-Free

    Need any other reason to play? Everything about it is already better then LoL and DOTA 2.
    Why are you even bothering, these forums, or should i say every gaming forum is filled with LoL players, i have played both LoL, Dota2 and HoN, and i prefer HoN for the simple reasons like, smoother gameplay, and faster gameplay.

    Also just because the game is not as popular as LoL or Dota2, doesn't mean its inferior.

  10. #10
    Bloodsail Admiral bekilrwale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sarasota Fl.
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...oes-Going-Free

    Need any other reason to play? Everything about it is already better then LoL and DOTA 2.
    Stating your opinion as if it was fact is enough to make me not trust your recommendation. I have played HoN and I like it, but I like LoL more.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans Muzual's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    足立さんの家に
    Posts
    2,838
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    -Taunts, Announcers and novelty on hon... LOL - An Enemy has been slain. On HoN you have such varity in everything you do.
    I want to marry the voice of the announcer on LoL - she's amazing!

    They're different games, even though they are similar. I don't think there will ever be a solid "x is better" because it's all opinion based. I've tried neither HoN nor DotA, but they don't have Sona in so I don't want to

    なんで自殺するのかな他の人殺せばいいのに

  12. #12
    I've played all 3, I personally prefer HoN myself as well, however, I have to support the LoL players here that are saying that your reasons for saying HoN is better are strictly subjective or lack data to back themselves up which I *KNOW* that you do not have access to (Age of average player in each game).

    That said, I don't use HoN forums and I hadn't heard about this until now so thanks for the update I guess?
    Last edited by Aethilus; 2012-07-21 at 07:02 PM.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

  13. #13
    "I'll just leave this here. go to page 5 and read JohnnyUtah's post. http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...-Legends/page5"

    That's nail in the coffin for me. I've tried HoN ever since it was in beta and never could quite click with it (I'm a sucker for cartoony/cell shaded graphics to begin with). I haven't seen such blatant unprofessional asshole"ism" out of a staff member in a very long time from any company. I especially feel bad for the companies sake seeing as HoN has been in LoL's shadow for a very long time in terms of number of players and MLG presence, and it only strengthens LoL's presence with such comments like that. I never like to see indy/small companies fall and belittle themselves due to influences like this, it's really saddening.

  14. #14
    Stood in the Fire Aurinax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kansas, ya'll
    Posts
    463
    I would kill to be able to talk to users/players like that S2 guy did.

    I'd be surprised if he still has a job.

    Or maybe I wouldn't, seems like common practice.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

  15. #15
    Warchief Velthy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    2,162
    Free champions? In lol it keeps me playing to collect IP and buy champs.

    Signature made by my best friend Aryiana.

  16. #16
    Stood in the Fire MrDeadcruel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Posts
    441
    dota 1/2 is the orginal it will always be the best

    Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

  17. #17
    The thread that was linked is hilarious! The amount of bending over backwards in that thread is painful to watch. Also, it's surprising that the employees are worse than the other posters in the thread. What a wonderful community.

  18. #18
    Field Marshal Sequence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kuwait
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Remnas View Post
    Get back to me when you can give facts instead of opinions, and when your game doesn't port a good chunk of their hero base directly from DotA.



    I like you.
    So you tell me most of the LoL hero's aren't coming from DoTA/WC3?
    Even Some of the hero's quote coming directly from WC3, Without changes.
    Last edited by Sequence; 2012-07-22 at 05:21 PM.

  19. #19
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,932
    Yeah, playing HoN before it became F2P, it became hell after a while. The community was shit, customer service was shit, etc. Never played LoL, just because I don't like the taste of it for many reasons. Graphics, gameplay changes from originial DotA, etc. Obviously, DotA2 feels the most like original DotA, which is what I loved.
    I agree with the poster that said this is too little too late. They are trying to save a dying game because DotA2 is going to be launching in the coming months. Hell, the original decision to make you pay for certain heroes pissed me off. Such a bad business model for a game, IMO. Why should my gameplay experience be based on how much I'm willing to play? Especially if the hero isn't completely 100% balanced when he's released. This happened for almost every hero they released while I was playing from HoN Beta for the 6 months or so afterwards, IIRC.

    So, leaving LoL out of it because I have no experience with the game because I am uninterested in it, I would say DotA2 > HoN, even in its beta stages. Yeah, it has its problems (lack of concede, vote kicks, etc) but it is in beta, and systems like this are being added.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Eh, trust me iv played enough LoL to understand whats good about it. But it's no where near as good as HoN
    Simple reasons being.

    -Graphics look just... way to maple story with flaming pixie dust sprinkled on top of it, that's just me though, I prefer blood and guts when something dies on my game.
    What have we learned from games like Aion? Good graphics a game does not make. I do prefer HoN graphics of LoL, but I'm not too terribly concerned about it.
    -Player base... LOL's player base is 13-17 year olds that are stuck on the latest Internet meme or trend. The worst you get on HoN is someone from EU who speaks the same English as most Americans sadly
    This response is coming from a 17 year old American with rather stellar grammar and a polite attitude, if I may say. All I can say to this is it is complete and utterly ridiculous, there are bad-attitude players wherever you go.
    -The map is half the size of HoN's.
    How is that exactly a positive? I'm not saying it's bad, but I mean it's just a bigger map, cool. Longer to walk for ganks - fun!
    -The vision trees have make for wayyy better game play then bushes.
    No comment.
    -Monkey courier.
    Well whatever floats your boat.
    -Ability items are no existent in LOL
    I do agree, but that's because the games are different. LoL has more active abilities and less item abilities, where as HoN is the opposite. I see no problem here.
    -Taunts, Announcers and novelty on hon... LOL - An Enemy has been slain. On HoN you have such varity in everything you do.
    I think hearing the announcer yell out "PENTAKILL" is pretty exciting, no?
    -Heroes are now all free on HON enough said.
    Great! Less things to work for!
    -When you die you lose gold. I don't see why LoL baby sits bads.
    There's enough of a penalty when you die considering the enemy gets gold and you lose cs; don't quite understand why you think that means LoL babysits bads.
    -You can deny creep and towers preventing XP and Gold..
    A mechanic I truly hate, but again, it's your opinion.
    -New Hero Weekly.
    I've already got 100 champions in LoL with a new one every two weeks, I'm totally set, thanks.
    -The devs care about the community, they are constantly hosting trivia for prizes in general chat, playing with the player base every Friday, or hosting events.
    Completely agree. Riot does not care about it's community one tiny bit. Or it might be the fact that there's a bunch more LoL players on at a time than HoN, making events like this hard, but they're probably just a heartless company.
    -To much to say, they are different games... I was just letting everyone know the heroes are now free to play
    What a way to end it, I don't quite understand. You bash LoL and then say "Well yeah they're different games." Well yeah, they're different games.
    Obviously I like LoL more than HoN, but neither of them are bad. All I see here is a HoN fan who, God forbid, doesn't like games that exactly aren't like HoN. If the two games were exactly the same, we'd only have one game. Diversity is goooood.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •