Deleted

Is Grimoire of Sacrifice viable in pvp ...? For what spec?

I know that affliction can do it better without pet in dungeons but how is it in pvp?
    In what kind of pvp GoS could be better replacement for my minions and for what spec: Destro or Affl:
    1. BGs?
    2. RBGs?
    3. Arenas: (2v2, 3v3, 5v5)?
    4. Duels/1 v 1?
    5. Others ...?
    Last edited by mmoc4f70414cfa; 2012-11-29 at 06:02 PM.

I play afflic with GoSac just fine. Only the occasional battleground here and there nothing serious though.

It's probably not great for destruction any more considering your Chaos Bolts dot is dispellable.

Works fine in all specs, though if you use it with demo you will only kill your pet when you blow CDs to burst, then instantly resummon it w/i 20 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It's probably not great for destruction any more considering your Chaos Bolts dot is dispellable.
    It's still the go to for Destro. DoT hurts it, but you still only kill anything during a DS/CB. GoSac still gives you +dmg on the conflag/incin/whatever you're comboing into your CB. And since most of us follow up a CB with a blanket/SFury anyway, it's not as a big a deal as people are making.

The spec still sucks vs any team with a clue however, and it hits like a wet noodle when DS/Trink are down. Meh.

Deleted
    So, it works fine in all specs, but not the same or even better as it could be, if you pick up one of other two options in this tier?
    Also, what demon do you usualy sacriface: Voidwalker for more survivability or Felhunter for Silence?

Me personally I go for the FH so that if I'm focusing a healer I can silence them when they get low and try to burst them down at the end.

I think the general consensus is that pets are too weak in arena now so they don't really fill any purpose for Destro/Affli. I'm not sure if it has changed this patch though.

It amazed me to see that a mage's water elemental has more health than my glyphed felguard as demonology.

Hunter pets are in another league altogether, but pets as a whole are still so squishy. I find them trivial to kill, and often do it before killing the player.

Granted, things have been worse, but I wish Blizzard would understand that pets are retarded enough with their silly pathing (really, jump down that blade's edge arena ledge, will you?) and getting stuck on or in half the terrain, without also being so easy to kill.

It's more viable than it was for BGs. The 2 min CD used to get in the way all the time. The new 30sec isn't so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    It's more viable than it was for BGs. The 2 min CD used to get in the way all the time. The new 30sec isn't so bad.
    Indeed, the 30 seconds is a very welcome change.

I as affliction switched back and forth between using the Shiv and or going with sac. I think it really depends on the fight. 1v1 or even 2v2 I really like the having the shiv cc anyone who stuns or fears you ect can really help take someone out of the fight for a few seconds esp helpful to keep a warrior from stunning you to death.

on the other hand If you take soul link as well as your sac the health buff is really amazing. you have more health than 90% of the people you will go up against. even in pve tank gear. I have been stacking my resilience on top of that with a few other survival things such as Glyph of Healthstone macroed in with dark regen and a bandage. and lets not forget about Glyph of Siphon Life as well as the 2% regen you get from sacrifice makes you much harder to kill imo.

As far as which pet to kill 90% of the time Ill kill the VW so I can pop the health increase right before i hit my HS, Bandage, Dark Regen macro. for extremely fast heals in two buttons that can be hit between CCs. I will use the fel for silence only if im facing two hybrid casters.

Just my 3 cents on the matter.