Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    Do you need a hug or something? A biscuit maybe? Caffeine?

Maybe a nice deep breath would help. Life isn't always that bad, and you don't need to look at everything so negatively. Just put a on your face
    I like you, you put a smile on my face.

OT: I wouldn't really mind for as long as they do a good job and don't become overly greedy. Sadly I think that's an unavoidable fate with any company that becomes too big...

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    Disney owns Miramax Films. Miramaz Films are the distributor for movies like Pulp Fiction, Chasing Amy, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Kill Bill... People think of Disney as a kid friendly company, it's not. Disney is a mulit billion dollar company that only cares about making even more money.

If Disney was to buy Blizzard the only thing that would change is who is being blamed for the "problems" with their games.
    That's a pretty accurate answer

Heroic Mickey mouse realm first

Merchandising time.

Bloodsail Admiral Master Jinora's Avatar
    They would move all Blizzard Developers to Toon Town. c:
    "Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind."
    — Zaheer

Disney has shown to be a respectable caretaker for intellectual property. Everyone always jumps to Princess films, crappy TV programs for tweens, and "Under the Sea" quotes, but they have done excellent with Marvel, the Muppets, Pixar, and others. Plus they can't do worse than Lucas did with the prequels. Them buying Blizz (if it was hypothetically possible) would prolly be the only thing that could kick the WoW movie out of development hell, and I trust they would maintain the Blizzard company culture within the new Blizz division.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

I got one thing to say:

Jonas Brothers ^^

I wonder if they would have a WoW ride at Disneyland.....that could be pretty cool.

Omg theme park!

The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Best thing Disney would bring is their animation work (no house does it better). It may also bring the ESRB "T" rating back to the game, as well.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by reyina View Post
    Omg theme park!
    This is the only reason why I say it would be the greatest gift to us ever. Blizzcon could be hosted at Disneyland, with the new area that is themed like zones from WoW. Every roller coaster is based on a boss encounter, complete with elements from the fight.

The amount of money it would take to make something so awesome is staggering. But if Universal can transplant Harry Potter out of movies into real life, Disney could surely compare.

I say we change this thread into a petition for Disney to buyout whatever stakes they need to acquire Blizzard.

Edit: As terrible as Cata was, think how awesome a roller coaster where the cars are deathwing destroying Stormwind and the rest of Azeroth would be. Complete with destructive elements like some of Universal's great disaster rides. Exploding fire, water, wind, and animatronics all out the wazoo.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-11-29 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loudskies View Post
    How would you feel if Disney bought Blizzard? Would it benefit the MMO Industry? I liked what they did with the Avengers, and if they bring Star Wars back to life, it will be my favorite publisher. My opinion stands that it is better then the mighty lord Satan [aka Activision] owning blizzard.

[EDIT]:Stop correcting me on Vivendi owning blizzard, I understand, not everyone has to make a post about it. Stay on topic.
    I don't think it would really particularly matter. Disney has a long history of buying out companies and not making sweeping changes. They pretty much just let their companies run as is, the tv network ABC for example. And you need to be corrected because as long as you continue to state Activision owns Blizzard you are still wrong. Activision-Blizzard=the old Vivendi Games. It is simply a holding company, nothing more nothing less. Activision and Blizzard Entertainment are two independently run companies under Activision-Blizzard. Activision-Blizzard has about as much control over Blizzard Entertainment as Vivendi Games did which is exactly precisely none as per Vivendi and now as per the merger agreement between Vivendi Games and Activision.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by loudskies View Post
    That isn't exactly on topic.
    How is stating the correct ownership of Blizzard Entertainment and Activision-Blizzard not on topic when it is a thread about Vivendi sellling Activision-Blizzard?

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 11:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    eh..disney is good at movies..but games? not so much.. besides activison don't own blizzard, it's activision-blizzard and that is owned by a majority by vivendi, whom i'm pretty sure, WILL NEVER ("never") let go of there majority.
    Like Vivendi is good at games. They have pretty much destroyed every gaming company they have touched except for Blizzard Entertainment which is why I think they decided to keep a hands off approach with them.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Maybe instead of editing your post to ask people to stop correcting you, you should have corrected yourself and put Vivendi in there instead of Activision. Also I'd like to know why you consider Vivendi to be Satan, in my opinion they have been good owners for Blizzard.

On-topic, I don't think Disney owning Blizzard would be a bad thing, possibly better than Vivendi as Disney seem more inclined towards ensuring they make a quality product.
    I'm fairly certain that as a business Blizzard Entertainment has a vested interest in delivering a quality product. They don't need to be owned by a certain company for that to happen and in fact if any company meddles with them the exact opposite would happen.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 11:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Well, if they did that any chance of having gay characters in warcraft would be dead in the water.

But no, seriously, wow is a game with violence and death and undeath and themes of rape in the story. You honestly think disney would want to be associated with that?
    You do realize there is more to DIsney than kids movies right? They own numerous companies including movie production studios many of which release films most definitely not suitable for kids. Also keep in mind they own ABC and I'm pretty sure the network wasn't overrun with childrens programming during primetime.

Your idea is nice... but I would also say two things:

1) Don't put all eggs in one basket

2) Don't spread creative resources too thinly...

Having said that, as much as I like what they've done with Avengers, John Lassiter and his crew are doing great, but share the one thing everybody has on this planet - 24 hours in a day. They can't be on top of EVERYTHING. Hell... if they didn't nab Joss Wheadon for Avengers, we would've been singing a WHOLE different tune!

And as point 1 also mentions, don't throw all sources under one roof. If anything happens to Mouse-House... all those franchises would be in peril.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.