Thread: LFR loot

LFR loot

Hello I'd like to ask whether you are given loot in lfr when you aren't in spec as you were queued. My concern is that I always queue as as DPS on my DK and I am going blood for some bosses (I have every item these bosses drops for frost -> I want to boost blood). After doing this for 2 weeks still no loot. Is this bad RNG or blizz actually implemented something that prevents you from getting loot when you are not in spec that you were queued.

Had some people in our guild doing something like this and they found out you get loot for the spec you are in, not the one you queued for.

Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    Had some people in our guild doing something like this and they found out you get loot for the spec you are in, not the one you queued for.
    You're saying it's possible to queue for dps, spec tank when inside LFR and then pick up tankloot? That would be very nice for the individual but might suck bigtime for the raid. Let's say 16x dps join and re-specs to heal/tank - it will be impossible to kill any bosses...

It doesn't really matter in LFR, the DPS requirements are very low. Hell I'd bet a semi competent guy that specced tank in a DPS Role would still not be the bottom of the damage done given the general LFR crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by vaccine View Post
    It doesn't really matter in LFR, the DPS requirements are very low. Hell I'd bet a semi competent guy that specced tank in a DPS Role would still not be the bottom of the damage done given the general LFR crowd.
    While I agree with this, it might be different if all the "semi competent and above"-ppl all specced tank - or even worse if they specced healing. The only reason the bottom half don't fail/wipe is because there is always someone carrying them along. Remove the carriers(or reduce their output) and it might be a different story.

Haven't checked but can you see who signed for which roles? If I sign as tank and respec dps, will the rest of the raid be able to see that I'm the "missing" tank? I'm pretty sure you can see it in LFD but what about LFR?

Yeah that is entirely possible and I am doing it on bosses that don't drop anything which is upgrade for my frost spec. Even in blood I am still doing more damage than many usual lfr "raiders".