ATI Users - I require your assistance!

Good afternoon all,
    Several months ago, I released an update to VTemp (GPU Temperature monitor) and promised support for ATI cards in a future update. I planned to get that support in for the previous release, but it had to be postponed at the last minute, almost to the point I announced it was cancelled.

Recently though, I managed to get around to rewriting it from the base up thanks to some assistance with fixing the ATI Library I was using. I'm now looking for people to test it. You see, my main system has a single GTX670. I built VTemp when I had 3 GTX580's and so testing multiple NVIDIA GPU's wasn't an issue. My test system has a single ATI HD3850. I don't have access to another ATI card. You can see my predicament; I have no way of knowing if the code I've used works with Crossfire systems or not.

Both my main system and my test system function with this new build of VTemp and display correct temperatures, but being they're single-GPU configurations, i need someone to assist in testing.

That's where you come in. I'm looking for people with access to a system that runs more than one ATI card. It doesn't matter if they're Crossfire or not, but it'd be extremely helpful for me to be able to get it tested on both CF systems, and systems with multiple ATI cards that aren't in Crossfire. The cards in question must be supported by recent drivers. By that, I mean recent drivers that aren't considered to be part of the Legacy set. Unfortunately, this means those of you with integrated X1200 chips on laptops aren't suited, but anyone running a dedicated card from the HD3000 through to the HD7000 series would be ideal.

I'm also looking for people with SLI and/or multiple NVIDIA GPU's to test it out. This is merely a precaution to ensure that the code I migrated from the previous version didn't get screwed up when I integrated it. I believe the code for both ATI and NVIDIA should function correctly in multi-GPU configs, but I'd like to be sure.

With that, there's a few things I request;
    - 1; Download the developer/test version from: http://www.innuendo-eu.co.uk/PublicR...22/VTemp22.zip
    - 2; Extract the VTemp.exe file from inside the archive and execute it
    - 3; Once the interface is displayed, take a screenshot of it (alt + printscreen key), paste it into Paint (ctrl + v) and then resize the image so that there's no white area shown around it, then save that as a .PNG or .JPG file
    - 4; Upload the screenshot to http://imgur.com
    - 5; Link or post the screenshot here, and provide me with the following details;
    - Total number of GPU's installed in the system, and the models of each
    - Driver Version (optional)
    - Total number of monitor ports on the cards
    - Total number of monitor ports on the cards which have a monitor connected to them
    - Total number of "arcs", or rounded bars that display near on the interface, along with how many temperature labels there are in the center area

Please note that there's one arc around the edge that goes from green through to red. This isn't referring to the arcs i need to know about. The arcs i need you to count should generally be a green colour in their entirety, but they may show up as entirely orange or entirely red instead. Those are the ones that need counting. Likewise, with labels, by default, there'll be one that displays "0" or "32" on the bottom left, on that displays "C" or "F" in the bottom-center, and one that displays "127" or "261" in the bottom right. There should be up to 4 labels in the center that show numerical values. These are the labels i want to know about.

If you happen to experience any errors or crashes of the application, please let me know too. Exact error message details and system configuration very much a requirement in this case.

By all means, feel free to use this regardless of your GPU setup. It's similar to VTemp 2.1 except it's got no "Forum Signature" capabilities, and the ability to change dial colours isn't available. If you've only got a single NVIDIA or single ATI card, then this would be very much suitable for you as a release version (provided you don't want signature or dial colour change support). I did fix the incorrect arc reading when using the Fahrenheit setting (even though the temperature labels were always correct, the arc wasn't), but most of the code change is related to ATI support.

Any assistance would be valuable. If you happen to have any suggestions for additions or changes to the tool, I'm open to hearing them too.
    Coder, Gamer - IOCube | #Error418MasterRace #ScottBrokeIt
    Knows: Node.js, JS + JQuery, HTML + CSS, Object Pascal, PHP, WQL/SQL

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

http://imgur.com/aoZaQ

2 cards - HD6950/HD6970 in crossfire.

6950 - 2 DVI, 1 HDMI, either 2 or 3 DP (not in a position to check at the moment)

6970 - same as above.

2 monitors and a tv, 2 on the 6950 and 1 on the 6970.

3 arcs and 3 temperature labels.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-11-29 at 02:45 PM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    http://imgur.com/aoZaQ

2 cards - HD6950/HD6970 in crossfire.

6950 - 2 DVI, 1 HDMI, either 2 or 3 DP (not in a position to check at the moment)

6970 - same as above.

2 monitors and a tv, 2 on the 6950 and 1 on the 6970.

3 arcs and 3 temperature labels.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for that. Looks like i've got some work to do (unless both cards are running at the same temperature - which is rather unlikely) as it should show only 2 labels and arcs. I've just updated it again with what i believe should fix it, so if you could test again, that'd be great. If all temperatures are still the same, let me know and i'll have to look further into it.

Thanks again
    Coder, Gamer - IOCube | #Error418MasterRace #ScottBrokeIt
    Knows: Node.js, JS + JQuery, HTML + CSS, Object Pascal, PHP, WQL/SQL

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

Will do just gimme a sec.

That is all that shows up now, its been running for a few minutes. Thought I'd add, its running very sluggish, It lags when I try to drag it around and sometimes randomly stops responding.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-11-29 at 03:20 PM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno