Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    I hope the euros in this forum don't let them infest their communities as well.
    We are too anti american for that. *wink*

Havn't seen you around the forums in a long time, hope you are doing well dude!

OnT I got no experience with Walmart so can't really have an oppinion. I think our Unions might scare them off from trying to establish themselves here anytime soon though.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    Of course all are entitled to their own opinions I just really hate the fact they built their empire on Made in America goods and now it's all from china. I'm far from anti-chinese just very pro-American. I hope the euros in this forum don't let them infest their communities as well.
    I don't think Walmart can go to Europe due to the government rights they give their employees/people. I know Walmart plans fell through in Germany simply because they refused to pay the 9 weeks of Government enforced entitled vacation time for every single German Employee, regardless of position in the company.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 05:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kamatayan View Post
    @clevername

The movie you watched is one of the most biased pieces of garbage out there also it is old and outdated Walmart has made many changes since then.As a former Walmart employee i can say that most of my bad times while working there was not with Walmart or it's managers it was the customers who made it a crappy place to work.

I ask you this question why so much hate for Walmart but not for a company such as McDonalds who pays it's employees less money and provides no heatlh insurance at all???If you ask me Mcdonalds is just as bad if not worse than Walmart. As far as buying locally from Mom and Pop stores why should i pay 40 bucks for the same pair of jeans that i can get at Walmart for 10 bucks.
    My Mother worked for Walmart, and I can tell you they most CERTAINLY have not improved and you're full of it.

Haven't you seen the news recently? Walmart has the highest part-time to Full-time employee ratio simply to avoid insurance costs.

So, they've made changes since the movie? Really? Did they stop outsourcing products via the horrible slave-working China factories? Everything seen... it's gotten much worse, not better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always found Walmart and public opinion about it interesting. Despite a lot of people protesting against it, Walmart employs a ton of people and services millions. Its bad rep seems to fly away when people notice the benefits of the epitome of bureaucracy. I've also heard quite a few conflicting reports about its employee situation. In terms of things such as restockers, cashiers, and other such entry level positions it does seem a bit unfair, although I'm sure they disclosed the nature of such situations before finalizing the hiring process. But in terms of things like manager positions, businessmen, pharmacists, and other more technically professional roles, I've heard they're actually a wonderful organization to work for.

They're not even killing just small businesses now either.

I work at a large and widely-known food store chain in the midwest that is drastically failing now that Walmart has made us their #1 competition in terms of food sales.

A good percentage of our stores will be closing after the Holiday and thousands of people will be out of a job.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-12-01 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    So, large supermarkets do have the potential to kill off small business, but once in a while, they bring so much benefit to an area that it's really difficult to say that they're bad. If for no other reason, what was once an unemployment blackspot at one time due to its trade collapsing over 20 years ago, now has businesses that started providing somewhere in the region of what must be 8000+ jobs spread across the different businesses. Sure, unemployment is still high, but these large businesses being here do more good for us than harm.
    Who needs supermarkets to put entire towns out of work when you have a Thatcher led government that leapt at the opportunity to do it instead? :/

The actual title must be "Walmart the Devil God". Someone Gimme Hi-5 isn't it.

Some 20 years ago, Wal-mart showed up in my small town. It was just another department store, except that when we went there, we actually bought American made products. At that point in time, I had no problem with Wal-mart. We still had plenty of grocery stores, plenty of small businesses that supplied goods that Wal-mart did not.

Present time however, I would have to say that yes, Wal-mart is the devil. When Sam Walton died, his kids took over, and everything went downhill fast. The Wal-mart here expanded to include.... everything really. They more than tripled their original floor space. Since that time, 3 local grocers have closed down, as well as countless other small businesses. And aside from Wal-mart employee pay, all that money is going out of state. How is that a good thing for a small community?

It's not.

The worst part is people buy "cheap" at Wal-mart, but buy the same thing 4 times as often. So people think they are getting a deal, but are actually spending MORE because they have to replace the cheap Wal-mart crap more often, like clothing. "I got these shoes for $30 at Wal-mart! Granted I have to buy new ones in a month or two, but hey! It was a great deal!" Well how much would you spend on REAL shoes instead of chinese knockoffs, that you only have to replaced every 6 - 12 months IF THAT?

Frankly, Wal-mart is part of the reason why China has become a super-power.