Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Every classes burst too op?

Does anyone else think that burst is too high in general for all classes? Personally I consider rogues under powered but even they, with all cds blown, can kill someone in seconds if they can remain on the target. I almost think numbers need to be tuned down across the board right now. I feel like every pvp fight I have now is over within 15 seconds because one of us had a series of 80-120k crits suddenly. Anyone else notice this? The buff to pvp power on weapons in 5.1 has only escalated it.

Healing and burst both need to be toned down.

The only way a dps can kill a healer is by bursting him. If a damage-dealing class won't have that burst - healers will be close to unkillable.

I think when someone blows all their CDs they should be able to kill someone, and vice versus with survival cooldowns (They should be able to survive.) Seems like a good logical set up to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    I think when someone blows all their CDs they should be able to kill someone, and vice versus with survival cooldowns (They should be able to survive.) Seems like a good logical set up to me.
    That would work out if everyone had the same number of burst cooldowns and damage reduction cooldowns. They would also have to share the same cooldown as well (all 2 minute cooldowns). Problem is you get classes like mages who can burst in 30 second intervals, where as classes like elemental shaman have to wait 3 minutes.
    Last edited by Blitond; 2012-11-29 at 07:01 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues have burst?
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evi1Toad View Post
    Rogues have burst?
    Once upon a time; Now they are a shadow of there former self :P poking you for like 5 damage <.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Once upon a time; Now they are a shadow of there former self :P poking you for like 5 damage <.<
    they do, its just bound to long cooldowns.

Deleted
    No rogues burst is okay, damage outside cooldowns however could be summarized by "poking you for like 5 damage <.<"

That's how MoP PvP is. Not a big fan of the model, but you just have to learn how to deal with it. Most damage-dealers (aside from a few physical classes) have pretty crap sustained damage that's easily outhealed. Kills swing on stacking offensive CDs to do unhealable damage, which means the game is really about recognizing those cooldowns and CCing through them to prevent it.

Rogues can do decent damage with cooldowns, but yeah it definitely seems behind other melee. Their main strength now is all the kill-target lockdown they have, especially against classes that can't dispel poison.

Deleted
    i find mostly only demo locks too high burst, should be more sustained not random 250k crits

Deleted
    No ones mentioned frost mages? really?

Honestly, like whats been said, demo locks, but frost mages seemed to have been mostly overlooked, they were silly in 5.0 and still pretty silly burst. But then again i am but am but a poor monk.

Really doesn't help that pvp weapons doubled in pvp power since the patch either.
    Last edited by mmoc40e5a9c261; 2012-11-30 at 02:44 AM.

Deleted
    Stopped playing because of how bad MoP PvP is. It's just not fun playing the game only half the time thanks to monstrous levels of CC, huge cooldown dependency and numerous god mode specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post

The only way a dps can kill a healer is by bursting him. If a damage-dealing class won't have that burst - healers will be close to unkillable.
    burst down a healer? lmfao how about silence stun stun silence.... fucking tone down cc

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post

It would also work if health was scaled up.

Quote Originally Posted by DScythe View Post
    No ones mentioned frost mages? really?
    tonight i got hit by a 146k ice lance crit, then a 145k frost bomb crit, by the same mage in the same encounter. i didn't even know what happened to me b/c i was actually fighting somebody else. i had to scroll thru the "what happened to me" tab to figure out what made me explode. i have just a tad under 60% pvp res too.

. . . . so yeah, . . . frost mages . . . .

The abilities don't seem tuned very well right or even working properly. For example, level 90 Hunter abilities; Glaive Toss is alright and was the only thing I used at 90 for the past month or so when I dinged. Tried out Powershot and Barrage earlier on for the first time; apparently both are still bugged (they do seem to not work as intended). Powershot is always a wind up shot but the damage is potentially huge and I'd probably stick with it for soloing if the knockback worked since it syncs nicely with Survival. Barrage is incredibly bursty and pretty much needs someone to break the channel by cc'ing the Hunter somehow now that you can cast it while moving; but it sprays EVERYWHERE with no regard to logic or what your primary target is (somehow firing at a target PAST and almost a full 90 degrees AWAY from my 12 o'clock target that wasn't in combat).

Other classes also have the same problem with abilities that are either shite, fairly useful, or mind bogglingly so floor clearingly powerful you wouldn't want to use anything else.

I think my dps went up by about 5k in instances earlier on due to Barrage alone. Probably be even higher once I get around to actually learning the No Escape glyph which I meant to do about a month ago..
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped WoW after that crap they called Cataclysm. I said I would pay them half a year more since I did the whole 1 year deal for D3, but guess what, I wont pay.

I'm done with this company. It's only about money and they produce shit games and use expansions to fix what should of been fixed a long time before. This is why we have alpha and beta phases. Heck, there should be a charlie and delta phase to the game to make sure it all runs smooth and bug free other than; X game is being released on Jan. 1, 2013 so we better get a copy of my shit game that is in development out on the same day or within the week and let the Fan Boi's ruining the chance to change the gaming industry for the good and keep it in this pile of Shit we have now.

Sadly, we need a renaissance to happen in the gaming world. We need a new culture to up-rise and take over cause the games now days; while look and sound great, have horrible plot/story/development/ developers/OWNERS (aka gaming company) than I ever imagined it to fall down to.

Blizzard wont fix your game. They have to take the time to set out 2 set of numbers: 1 for pvp and 1 for pve so they can control the game more than let group A comp be OP as all hell and let certain Classes be shit for an entire expansion which is about 1-2 years.
    So I'm sorry, but Blizzard is a shit company that produces shit games and lies through their fake smile when they say they listen to you. They don't, at lease not for PvP.
    When life gets you down, stand back up.
    When something breaks, fix it.
    When Blizzard makes you wait 1 more year and gives you a crappy D3 game with no end game content, horrible nerfs, & says the AH is the greatest thing to come to a D3 game, It's OK to nerd rage and never buy another Acti-Blizzard game again. I know I wont.

way too much instant cc, insane burst, hybrid offheals making some comps virtually unkillable unless you do pull off a one shot, and healing overtuned. Blizzard sure knows how to balance this game. They listen to absolutely no community feedback and it shows.

The abilities don't seem tuned very well right or even working properly. For example, level 90 Hunter abilities; Glaive Toss is alright and was the only thing I used at 90 for the past month or so when I dinged. Tried out Powershot and Barrage earlier on for the first time; apparently both are still bugged (they do seem to not work as intended). Powershot is always a wind up shot but the damage is potentially huge and I'd probably stick with it for soloing if the knockback worked since it syncs nicely with Survival. Barrage is incredibly bursty and pretty much needs someone to break the channel by cc'ing the Hunter somehow now that you can cast it while moving; but it sprays EVERYWHERE with no regard to logic or what your primary target is (somehow firing at a target PAST and almost a full 90 degrees AWAY from my 12 o'clock target that wasn't in combat).

Other classes also have the same problem with abilities that are either shite, fairly useful, or mind bogglingly so floor clearingly powerful you wouldn't want to use anything else.

I think my dps went up by about 5k in instances earlier on due to Barrage alone. Probably be even higher once I get around to actually learning the No Escape glyph which I meant to do about a month ago..

Oh yeah, and weapon procs being changed. Fought a Warlock who went down to about 50% then I saw 3x Windsong proc. Hahahah, Mastery, thou art a cruel and heartless wench.

PvP is being dominated by the classes / specs that basically don't have masteries that suck and benefit the most from buff stacking. Incredible design oversight by Blizzard I can only assume.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

I actually cancelled my subscription a few weeks ago because of the bot situation but since I still had time and the toons were reasonably geared I figured I'd run some pugs after 5.1 and maybe renew if they'd fixed the problems. They didn't and it was absolutely miserable. The shaman totem change has gutted the class and they sure didn't fix disc priests. Even my resto druid had a hard time but they have so many defensive options that everything still worked more or less.

The maddening part of this game is that they do this every expansion. They revamp the game, which screws everything up, we spend months recovering and just before the next expansion things are in pretty good shape. AND THEN THEY BLOW IT UP AGAIN!!!!! They completely change core mechanics so we go on this cycle: Vanilla = burst, TBC = slow, Wrath = Burst, Cata = slower, MoP = Bursty as crack. At one point, GC said, "it's not fun to lose control of your characters and we'd like to limit that" so we get this, where most of the time when you die you are not in control of your character or you just get pancaked by a truck that you not only didn't get their license, you didn't even see it coming.

I was really impressed with parts of MoP. Kun Lai Summit is absolutely incredible. And with the exception of the final zone the rest are good too. It was, mostly, a very good leveling experience. The few instances I ran were enjoyable and fairly creative. But the PVP just blows and this is Blizzard, they'll fix it but it'll be months, maybe a year or more, before they get it done, and then they'll just screw it all up by rejiggering the game in the next expansion. But this is the worst I've even seen it in this game so, for now, I'll stop giving them money and do something more productive with my time.