Thread: Commas

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Commas

So last night I made a booboo. Some guy was selling a crappy Mempo for 7 million. I derped and gave him 70 million. Now I am sure he was thrilled, but it definitely put a cramp in MY mood, especially when he(obviously) wouldn't give me back the difference...

Wouldn't it be nice if they'd add COMAS to trade windows? I mean come on, with items costing millions or even billions of gold, it would sure make it a LOT easier to not have oopsie moments and give someone too much money.

Now I know a loot of you are gonna say, "how hard is it to count out your zeros," but to that I say HOW HARD WOULD IT BE FOR BLIZZARD TO ADD COMAS.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account
    Not every nation uses commas. I think most of Europe uses decimal points. 1,000 in US is 1.000 in other places.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Not every nation uses commas. I think most of Europe uses decimal points. 1,000 in US is 1.000 in other places.
    It could be nice if they implemented it imo.

Also please use 2 m's in the word comma, I...thought of something different. If you have a sense of humor like mine, you'll probably laugh when you find out what it means this way. Nothing serious/insultive intended

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. So EU server has decimal points and American server has comas. Some difference.

I'm mostly just venting at the loss of 63 million gold >_<
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

canadian its 10 000.00 or 1000.00

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omoidaseba View Post

Also please use 2 m's in the word comma, I...thought of something different. If you have a sense of humor like mine, you'll probably laugh when you find out what it means this way. Nothing serious/insultive intended
    Le sigh. I used the wrong damned word. Yes, comma, not coma lol

If any Mod would be so kind as to correct the title of this thread, I would really appreciate it.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omoidaseba View Post

I only read this because I had no idea what a coma had to do with Diablo 3. I thought maybe it would be some story of someone who played so much they went into a coma.

Glad I'm not the only one with some dark humor.

Yes though, not having the commas in the currency makes me spend 4x as long posting auctions just to make sure I'm counting tiny digits properly.

Actually one of the community managers responded on the forums about this and actually mentioned it being an issue of coding it correctly or something like that but they were looking into ways of improving it. Unfortunately I don't remeber the link to it but will post it if I find it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Actually one of the community managers responded on the forums about this and actually mentioned it being an issue of coding it correctly or something like that but they were looking into ways of improving it. Unfortunately I don't remeber the link to it but will post it if I find it.
    Well at least that means its been brought to their attention.

Also, thank you to the Mod that fixed the title.

buy it for 7012345 gold.

Problem solved, Can't stuff up that price.

Lylirra posted a while back about this and basically they wouldn't do it because nations can't agree on whether to use commas or decimals.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...-auction-house

Here you go. Lots of "we might do something" and no actually doing it, pretty usual Blizzard CM stuff. Just doing her job I guess.

You know when you type in your phone number how some boxes on let you type 3 numbers and others 4. They could do something like that.

Deleted
    Or they could translate the number in words below (1 000 000 translated to "one million") I'm sure anyone could write a script to do that in half a day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    Now I know a loot of you are gonna say, "how hard is it to count out your zeros," but to that I say HOW HARD WOULD IT BE FOR BLIZZARD TO ADD COMAS.
    Harder than counting a few zeros, that's for sure. Sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Lylirra posted a while back about this and basically they wouldn't do it because nations can't agree on whether to use commas or decimals.

Here you go. Lots of "we might do something" and no actually doing it, pretty usual Blizzard CM stuff. Just doing her job I guess.
    Its odd that they would add commas to the wow damage done numbers for all of Europe and US, surely this would come under the same consideration of whether to use commas or not!

If they can't agree on commas or decimals, use spaces...just use SOMETHING to separate numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    If they can't agree on commas or decimals, use spaces...just use SOMETHING to separate numbers.
    Agreed, spaces would be ENOUGH for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Aion is using different colors on different spans. Should be easy and compatible for all nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post

Just a horrible excuse, any decent programer can hook it up to Windows API to detect what settings the user is using it.

I know Blizzard has good programers and I dont understood why they havent done this yet, just lazyness I supoose

Deleted
    I would settle with a space after ever 3 digits but yes i see the peoblem