Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How is your K90?

So how has your Corsair K90 treated you?
    The reason I ask is because I just ordered mine today and decided to go check the Corsair forums (for the second time) and noticed the amount of shocking problems people are having with this keyboard due to update's with firmware and LED's failing

Tbh this has put me right of this keyboard and I am really considering just putting a stop on my order and getting some other brand
    So what's the deal?

The first one I had the L key wasn't working. The second one received is working fine atm...

You can generally fix the firmware problems if you know what you're doing.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Mine is fine. Updated the firmware because the corsair utility was annoying me.

Deleted
    Is the update needed at all? would rather not risk updating it if possible

Mine has been working fine since 2/12. I tend to not jump on brand new firmware/software updates though. I let everybody else suffer the issues before I give them a shot lol. On a good note, corsair is very good about covering warranty issues.

p.s. check out some of the mods out there... a simple one that is cheap and easy is o-rings for your keys. They will deaden the noise of bottoming out your keys a lot.

Deleted
    Ok thanks guys I will try without the update see how it goes (fingers crossed) all is well

Deleted
    Mine is fine...

Has been from the start, in fact I made a unboxing vid for MMO Champion at the time :

Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    p.s. check out some of the mods out there... a simple one that is cheap and easy is o-rings for your keys. They will deaden the noise of bottoming out your keys a lot.
    Our very own Marest did a guide for this.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...g-Modification

10+ Year Old Account
    My k90's been a tank, weathered the first firmware update with no problems at all. My m90 got bricked, though, wouldn't even let me reflash it. Corsair's warranty team was great, though, and I got a replacement that flashed the firmware just fine.

The one thing about Corsair's peripherals is that the software isn't very intuitive, and that frustrates a lot of people. If you know what you're doing, though, it's got a lot of potential. You need to be willing to read the manuals and take the time to get the settings right, if you want to get the most out of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    My k90's been a tank
    Mine is DPS now.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Mine is DPS now.
    2H battle axe imo with the aluminium backplate as the blade. The corners don't even need sharpening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    2H battle axe imo with the aluminium backplate as the blade. The corners don't even need sharpening.
    I need to gem my K90 still. Not optimal DPS output on boss fights.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My K90 is great, only on rare occasions do I have the issues with the K90 where a key doesn't stop when I lift, not a huge issue though.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

My K90 likes beer apparently. I spilled most of a beer over it. I poured some high % alcohol over it to displace the water from the beer and rinse away as much sticky as possible, and let it sit for a few days with the keys off and cover opened. It still works like new. I love this keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    I really love my K90, and I think that I will be doing that mod that was posted above, as I am usually on rubber dome keyboards, and have gotten used to having to make sure to bottom out keys.

Again, +1 for <3 of the K90.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

My K90 is loud as fuck when I type on it. I type like a lumberjack. I have a SWTOR live commentary video I did a while back and even I have to admit it was pretty damn annoying.

Evidence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeNfyTHHOUE&feature=plcp

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a video that shows how quiet and loud the keyboard can be that I made.

"A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    First impression ...wow! what a stunning bit of kit. Tho I can't comment on build quality just yet I am impressed so far the feel of the thing is just epic.
    Last edited by mmoc8d9a66b0a0; 2012-11-16 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    First impression ...wow! what a stunning bit of kit. Tho I can't comment on build quality just yet I am impressed so far the feel of the thing is just epic.
    Build quality: I feel like I could beat a home invader to death with it, and then type up an email on it to the police department to send a truck from the morgue to pick him up.