Help Please - Outlook Express on old computer to Outlook 2010 on new computer

Ok, so my boss has his old laptop that is running Win XP with Outlook Express. He purchased a new PC and it has Outlook 2010 on it. He wants to move his entire address book and all settings from Outlook Express to Outlook 2010. I have done a little searching around and am finding it to be a quite a headache for some people. I was just wondering if anyone here has experience with this and has any suggestions on how to do this quickly and easily.

It should be simple to export OE contacts and most settings to Outlook. There is a wizard built into OE to get this done.

that sure sounds easier than a lot of the stuff I was seeing out there. I was reading you have to manually move a ".pst file" and that will copy some settings, then you can move the contacts over, but it may not keep them organized the same, and doing this incorrectly could corrupt your Outlook 2010 Install. Hopefully it will all go smooth though.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/con...k-new-computer

Very nice help file (same one I used when moving people from Outlook Express -> Outlook 2010
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/con...k-new-computer

Very nice help file (same one I used when moving people from Outlook Express -> Outlook 2010
    I think that is one of the ones he looked at before, and this part:
    Contacts within groups will export to a text file with the other contacts, however the group membership will not included. You'll need to recreate the Contact groups in Outlook or categorize the contacts.
    he was rather unhappy with.

This is the biggest problem he is having, and I am afraid to mess it up too, but he is asking for my help. He basically has several different groups, one for personal, several for different types of customers, one for vendors that we buy stuff to resell from, one for vendors that we buy stuff to use, one for vendors that provide services....so on and so forth. Several different categories, and he does not want to have to spend time re-creating all that.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can't export all the contacts to a CSV file?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Ok, so my boss has his old laptop that is running Win XP with Outlook Express. He purchased a new PC and it has Outlook 2010 on it. He wants to move his entire address book and all settings from Outlook Express to Outlook 2010. I have done a little searching around and am finding it to be a quite a headache for some people. I was just wondering if anyone here has experience with this and has any suggestions on how to do this quickly and easily.
    I would suggest you to try third party utility, this will make the process easy to convert outlook express to outlook 2010. I search these comapnies on the Google.

recoveryfix for outlook express
    kernel of outlook express
    stellar phoniex
    sys tool

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    You can't export all the contacts to a CSV file?
    I don't know. Not according to the link I do not believe you can. Even if you can, it apparently does not maintain the group structure and just lumps them all into contacts, not seperate groups of contacts.

Hi Lathais,

I read your post and I recommend you to prefer external device to move his Address Book and all setting from Outlook Express to Outlook 2010.

WAB Converter is ultimate and relevant Software to solve this trouble straightforwardly. Try its free copy as many of people get satisfied with it including me also.

Move Outlook Express WAB Contacts - Search in Google - "SysTools WAB Converter"

Move Outlook Express DBX into Outlook 2010 - Search in Google - "SysTools DBX Converter"

Ask to him and confirm if they have Address Book in .wab form, then directly can use WAB Converter Software. It change Outlook Express emails contacts to Outlook (.pst format). After this conversion process they instantly can access all OE contacts files on Outlook 2010.

Outlook Express Recovery is ultimate solution due to availability of free demo version.

I found numerous positive and depth review of this product in best category.