Thread: Latency

Deleted

Latency

Has anyone experienced any high latency issues in wow after the patch?
    Before the patch i had like 40-45 latency and now after the patch i have 110-120ms and even if i can raid its quite annoying..

My latency raiding last night was kinda high. But others in my raid were just fine. So.....I have no idea what it might have been related to. Maybe an addon?

Im still hovering around 25ms, nothing has changed for me
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    ironically my latency today is down to 17 :S

http://i.imgur.com/ZH1K1.jpg

I use comcast high speed internet. Gives me 20ms, 25mbps download speed, 4.6 mbps upload speed. Never lags for me in raids or pvp.

I personally haven't but I had had a few guildies that have experienced higher latency. Usually around 40 ish and now its up to 130-150

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    I personally haven't but I had had a few guildies that have experienced higher latency. Usually around 40 ish and now its up to 130-150
    Which countries are they from? I mean if its maybe a country/isp related thing or something since it seems some people have and some people have not. I dont realy know what it can be causing this issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on really? The average Aussie gets 300ms all the time and we raid fine. And you are qq'ing about 110ms. Even the people with good Internet can only get as low as 170ms because its impossible to get any lower here due to our servers being in the us.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm always at "high" MS never a dull day for me my ISP is terrible. Probably doesn't help that there are only 2 ISP's in my area both are pretty terrible. ( Time Warner Cable and Verizon DSL ) Verizon FiOS is in my surrounding area but not quite at my home yet.

Also doesn't help that I play WoW w/ wireless internet. ( not my choice really .. )
    Last edited by Warpaladin; 2012-11-30 at 12:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

Deleted
    I just want to know what can cause it.. I raid okey with it. So its not that big of an issue. Just want to know what has caused this.
    Since idk if it can be because of addons since i just use dbm,bartender and buttontimers mainly. And ofc postal and auctionator.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you use wireless internet like I do that can be a cause for high latency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

Deleted
    I dont use wireless. I got 100mbit.se connection with the best ISP here in sweden so tbh it shouldnt affect anything

my latency today is around 20.5, actually im pretty happy with that score, certainly aiming for more

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Come on really? The average Aussie gets 300ms all the time and we raid fine. And you are qq'ing about 110ms. Even the people with good Internet can only get as low as 170ms because its impossible to get any lower here due to our servers being in the us.
    I don't think I've ever had less than 500 :<

And I raided fine on that for a long time, you don't need to start doubting your ability to raid because you've gone from 50 to 100.