Deleted

Want to upgrade CPU but i5 or i7 for my uses?

Hey,

So I'm looking to upgrade for my CPU for an xmas gift but I'm not entirely sure which to ask for out of an i5 and i7.

My current PC specs are;
    i3 2130@3.4Ghz
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte Z68A-D3-B3
    AMD 7870

The reason for upgrade is that I'm not entirely happy with my fps whilst frappings and I want to be able to stream some games aswell.
    Games I'm mainly frappings are WoW, GW2, SWToR, Rift, CS:GO and BF3. In WoW and CS:GO I can fraps no problem at 60fps but every other game is ~30fps so when things start flying my fps drops even lower.

So basically I'm after something to keep my fps up while recording/streaming and something that will really decrease my rending times.

Note I don't want to change my motherboard aswell so would a SB be a better option than IB?

Cheers.

15+ Year Old Account
    i5 2500K and another hard drive to record fraps videos on
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Or rather SSD instead of HDD and use the current HDD for fraps space.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    I already fraps onto a second HDD, should of said that.

Deleted
    what cpu cooler you got?
    also i5-2500k and i5-3570k are very close priced atm, just pick any of them and OC it for best wow performance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    what cpu cooler you got?
    also i5-2500k and i5-3570k are very close priced atm, just pick any of them and OC it for best wow performance.
    Stock since I've no need for a better one with the i3 at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Stock since I've no need for a better one with the i3 at the moment.
    well if you get either of those chips+ an aftermarket cooler + overclocking will yield biggest upgrade performance wise. (just take some evening(s) to read up on oc'ing in general and it will be worthwhile)