WoW and Windows 8, how is it running?

I am going to be getting a new computer very soon and I was wondering if anyone has played WoW on a Windows 8 machine, and if so, how does it run? Do I have to run it in any kind of compatibility mode? I am curious I have only seen Windows 8 in videos and only then know about the UI changes. thanks.

I would get Windows 7 just to be safe, cause all games will run on that ^.^ also because Windows 8 is kinda being hated on by many developers

World of Warcraft runs with no issues on Windows 8 when I play it.
    But if you plan on playing any NCSoft games I would get Windows 7. Last I checked they still did not work on Windows 8. EA Games at least through Origins have no issues along with Steam.

I would get Windows 7 in a perfect world but I will be purchasing an out of box PC, however a friend of mine has told me he can "procure" me windows 7 if I wish to "downgrade" so we'll see.

Runs fine, I think it actually runs a bit smoother than 7. But I was a very early adopter and was using 8 since the beta so it's kinda grown on me. And as far as I know, if you buy a prebuilt (which why would you?) they have for a limited time at least a way to downgrade to a legal license of 7, at least that's what is going on at my store I work at. Could be wrong though.

I would believe that a prebuilt you would be able to purchase 7 still. Unless for some reason they are crazy and do away with it 100%, which I would doubt.

I have been using Windows 8 since RTM, never had any issues with WoW.

I am using Windows 8 and have so far only had problem with one game and that is Battlefield 3. This was mostly because their antihack software isnt compatible with Windows 8 and will kick you out of multiplayer until you change the softwares compatibility to 7 or lower :P

Trust me I would rather build my own, but I've had shoulder issues for about 3 years now and can barely pick up a glass of water let alone build a pc. if I had a set of capable hands I'd do so, but no one I know has the know-how. it sucks because I am A+ certified and this has really hampered my ability to work on anything larger than a laptop :/

That does suck, Optimus.

OT: No issues with Windows 8 at all. Some have been seeing artifacts with older video cards, but just update the drivers. I haven't run into issues on any of the other games I playing atm (GW2, D3, Torchlight 2, LoL, etc).

WoW was running just fine on 8 until 5.1, now it crashes every few hours! Haven't nailed it down yet.

Been playing WoW on Win 8 since the day Win 8 came out and I reluctantly upgraded. It runs just fine, don't need to run it in compatibility mode or anything special. I have heard that Win 8 is supposed to run games smoother and such, I have not really noticed any more smoothness than I had in Windows 7 though I am sure if you look at all the technical details behind how the OS and game interact some tweaks have been made. The only real nice benefit I have found with Win 8 is my laptop boots in something like 1-3 seconds.

Been running it since the day Win8 came out, not a single problem.

Also, I run with fraps and it's fine, just in case it's something that you use too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I am using Windows 8 and have so far only had problem with one game and that is Battlefield 3. This was mostly because their antihack software isnt compatible with Windows 8 and will kick you out of multiplayer until you change the softwares compatibility to 7 or lower :P
    Can you tell me how Windows 8 is anyways? Is it good, fast, etc?

If anything, it should run better. 8 was built for mobile devices and uses hardly any hardware at all, allocating more resources for your game.

I had WoW installed on a seperate drive (D instead of C) when I upgraded, so I didn't have to reinstall.

The biggest change I noticed was I had a lot fewer FPS/lag spikes. There's no issues with crashing. Though the updater can sometimes corrupt the game, but the risk is probably the same on 7 or even XP.
    Permanently unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

Been a fun run guys, but the game's officially moved into the "Milk the Playerbase" phase. And I for one don't intend to stick around as the cost of expansions go up, content in them goes down, and raids become further and further apart.
    Maybe I'll be back for WoW2, but probably not. - Slowpoke, the former Dokhidamo

I loved Windows 7, but I noticed I was getting high latency, and did EVERYTHING to fix it from getting a latency fix to getting software for faster gaming. WoW would still run at around 250-1000 lat world and home. I had to switch the client from x64 to x32 and it fixed the problem but I had more of a lag and fps increase on x32 (duh lol).

I switched to Windows 8 and my latency is constantly at 25-50 now DD plus I can run in x64 at 60-70 fps! Had no other real issues since switching. Love Windows 8 over 7 for that fact!
    If we make it back to the real world, I'll find you. And fall in love with you all over again. - Yuuki Asuna