Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

ilvl 478 Frost/Blood DK failing to solo Twin Emperors

Hi MMO-Champions,

I normally consider myself a pretty good player. I have achieved a lot, both in group/raids and through soloing, but this is where, my skills simply do not suffice (mildly stated).

I can normally put out 70K DPS with a 110K DPS burst, but I cannot down the Twin Emperors. I have done it once, but it is basically impossible to me. During this fight, I only put out 27K DPS. I cannot push it any further. I know, I am clearly doing something wrong, but what? I haven't found any helpful information anywhere.

Thanks in advance for the help, and screw those who'll just tell me, how much I suck.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I solo'd them on my shit balance druid but could not even get close on my dk. So I'd like to hear some opinions as well. I know my dps is better on my dk but could it be not having to run back into range perhaps?
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Pull the one that takes melee dmg with army/ghoul up. Pop CDs and nuke him asap.

In cata I spammed necrotic strike on him when I had death rune and it seemed pretty effective. Ofc you can try nuke them down with pre cast army etc, haven't tried in mop.

Deleted
    One of them only takes physical damage, the other one only takes magical damage. Make targeting macros so that every skill hits the correct boss and you're done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you stay on the right one, dont waste your runes on any diseases, spam DS > RS > BS.
    It was possible in Cata, however, sometimes it took me till they enrage to get enough vengeance.
    Yesterday I just moundet up when I killed Fankriss (that crawler boss), skipped Huhuran, ran straight to the Twins room without doing the trash before them. All the Anubis guards entered the room when I pulled them and added a fair chunk of vengeance with their meteor ability. They managed to get a single teleport till they died, even the Master's Eye was still in the room.
    Sadly, Vek'lor, the one that can drop the pet, disappeared right away before I could loot.

I also found out that DKs Blood DKs can shatter the slimeboss without Army of the Dead, if you dual wield and summon the regular Ghoul and Runeblade right before the 20th Icy Touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Brinch1984 View Post
    Hi MMO-Champions,

I normally consider myself a pretty good player. I have achieved a lot, both in group/raids and through soloing, but this is where, my skills simply do not suffice (mildly stated).

I can normally put out 70K DPS with a 110K DPS burst, but I cannot down the Twin Emperors. I have done it once, but it is basically impossible to me. During this fight, I only put out 27K DPS. I cannot push it any further. I know, I am clearly doing something wrong, but what? I haven't found any helpful information anywhere.

Thanks in advance for the help, and screw those who'll just tell me, how much I suck.

I downed em this week, I went in as blood with all dps gear. No need for trying to lay on diseases (or well you can tab to the magic dmg taker and lay em on, then drop DnD whenever CS pops).

Just spam Death Strike, and Rune Strike. Obv Heart strike to get the blood runes used, and actually if necessary to out dps their heals, you can use your death runes for Necrotic Strike. Laying into em with 4 ina row will absorb a decent amount (works on Gluth too).

Use your dps CD's when they are up, army on pull, don't even really need to feast or flask but if you want to go ahead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DerSenf View Post
    I also found out that DKs Blood DKs can shatter the slimeboss without Army of the Dead, if you dual wield and summon the regular Ghoul and Runeblade right before the 20th Icy Touch.
    Not sure if you did this before or after the Hotfix but you only need duel wield at the very least to solo this now. Done it on my smf warrior using 2.6 weps (elemental force for the frost dmg)

The behavior of the heal of the emperors doesn't seem consistent.

I went in on my level 85 (well geared) Elemental Shaman. I wasn't able to solo them, but I was slowly making head way on their health and getting them to 43% before wiping when I ran out of mana. An 85 DK friend came in and helped me and we made a mistake allowing them to get close to eachother and for whatever reason they were outhealing our damage despite having twice as much damage output and the DK version of mortal strike. They were constantly healing up to 100% without us being able to push them below 94%. It made absolutely no sense whatsoever. Eventually we separated them to end the healing, but that's besides the point.

Later I killed the emps and the emps trash on my 90 monk in 25 seconds according to DBM.

I was able to pretty successfully down Twin Emps as Frost, after the recent patch. The key is to be able to dps the one that takes the spell damage (obviously), so you want to eventually be in one of the corners behind him. When I pulled I stood in the corner and waited for the melee guy and AMS'd to avoid as much damage from spell caster. Once they swap places, the spell caster is standing on you in the corner and you can't be punted away. DPS to your heart's content on spell caster and pretty much forget the melee guy. Make sure to pop AMS and IBF on cd to avoid as much damage and use any heals you have, like DS and Death Siphon/Death Pact/Conversion (which ever one you picked), I personally use Death Siphon. Spam HB and FS as much as possible, and DnD and Unholy Blight (if you picked it) on CD. They do heal kind of often still but you will eventually out dps their heals.

Deleted
    i dont see what the problem is to any high lvl character unless there is a bug. i can easily do it with a lvl 85 bear druid on shitty pvp + pve gear.

it might also be because dks are a bit of mixed dmg so u cant focus on one boss? with all ur spells so you only have to use certain spells. i dont see that being much of a problem though

Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    it might also be because dks are a bit of mixed dmg so u cant focus on one boss?
    This is exactly why it's difficult as a DK. Can't do enough physical damage to out heal them and, unless you're standing in the corner, you can't get enough spell damage in to out heal them. My first try, I just ran around and died and never made a dent in their health before a heal.

i've done it at lvl 85 in blood spec and at lvl 90 in unholy (ilvl 484). Just keep the one that takes phys dmg in target and make macro so you can outbreak the other one, drop d&d on him and death coil him. I didn't make macro while i was doing them at 90, just fast target switching for the death coil and outbreak.

10+ Year Old Account
    their healing was nerfed recently you only need 16k dps to kill em before enrage....you should be able to kill em no problem...maybe you were attcking the wrong one?

I soloed them earlier on my level 85 dps monk. Just backed into a wall and killed the melee one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a Frost DK with raid gear and can't kill them, but if I switch to Blood and only use a two handed weapon instead of two one handers and keep my DPS gear on, they fall over pretty easy. But as a frost DK? Nope, no chance.

Do it as Blood and just attack the melee guy.

Deleted
    I killed them today with ilvl494 in <15seconds.
    Army go 2-3 KM Oblis + normal oblis + ERW
    Profit!

Still wonder if they even started healing each other :x

Killed them weeks before with lesser gear and I found it still easy since they nerfed them. Dunno what to say..
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2012-12-06 at 12:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I soloed them as bear (485ish) last night. Took around 10 minutes, as their self-healing is pretty high.

It was my first attempt, and all the trash from the previous boss and here added in the fight.

I kept to same target at all time, as soon as he died, the other one (who was at 100%) died too.. Sadly, the pet didn't drop.

Deleted
    Update, I got it done just a couple of days later and now it's fairly easy to do for me. Usually takes 3-4 mins. and I complete it in blood spec. wearing DPS gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brinch1984 View Post
    Update, I got it done just a couple of days later and now it's fairly easy to do for me. Usually takes 3-4 mins. and I complete it in blood spec. wearing DPS gear.
    I did it as frost, though I did have to switch to DS for a bit. Key thing is to, one, keep diseases up, two, use KM's on oblit, 3, stay against the wall, and four, switch targets with a macro every time they swap or you lose out.