Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They gave us a reason to go back out in the world, instead of playing lobbycraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    Which fool would skip 3 extra rolls? maybe someone that doesn't like doing dailies and understands what "optional" means?

Charms are a bonus from doing dailies, if I don't do the dailies I don't get the bonus.....see how that works, like many other things in the game, if you don't do it, you don't get stuff...

Should I start to bitch and moan that I'm being forced to raid? I mean I can't get any tier gear unless I go into LFR and I don't like LFR or raiding (but of course want the best of the best gear wise so I can AFK in style) so by following the current trend of complaining about everything I should start QQ'ing that I'm being forced to raid right?

Hell while we're at it, let's go totally batshit stupid and apply it to PVP'ing!

To get certain mounts I have to PVP, there's probably other things as well, so to get those mounts / whatever else, I'm being forced to PVP!!

I don't like PVP, maybe I just like fishing, so now you have to make sure I can get PVP mounts and tier raiding gear from fishing and if you don't agree to this I'll throw around phrases like "slap in the face" and "not listening to paying customers" because I'm damn sure I can get at least a few lazy idiots to join me on this.
    xD, +1.

It's funny because despite however much people QQ about this and that I'm doing raid content atm whilst only having run about 10 dungeons all in all. I started PvEing this tier in Contenders gear, we went into MSV we killed some bosses we got loot, we queued in LFR and did the same. Peoples perceptions are so twisted as to what they feel compelled to do.

The good guilds get these things on farm within a week on normal, most of us aren't in guilds of the same calibre but I'm pretty sure we can manage without VP gear that actually takes longer to get than throwing yourself into the content and clearing it.

Stop pretending your min/maxing actually makes a significant unless your in a top 500 guild because it really doesn't. If you can't clear the normals without being a prick then that means your bad, your guilds bad, accept it. There's nothing wrong with it and getting an epic from VP once every 2 weeks is not going to bridge the difference your currently lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    xD, +1.

It's funny because despite however much people QQ about this and that I'm doing raid content atm whilst only having run about 10 dungeons all in all. I started PvEing this tier in Contenders gear, we went into MSV we killed some bosses we got loot, we queued in LFR and did the same. Peoples perceptions are so twisted as to what they feel compelled to do.

The good guilds get these things on farm within a week on normal, most of us aren't in guilds of the same calibre but I'm pretty sure we can manage without VP gear that actually takes longer to get than throwing yourself into the content and clearing it.

Stop pretending your min/maxing actually makes a significant unless your in a top 500 guild because it really doesn't. If you can't clear the normals without being a prick then that means your bad, your guilds bad, accept it. There's nothing wrong with it and getting an epic from VP once every 2 weeks is not going to bridge the difference your currently lacking.
    As a bit of an experiment, I decided not to do dailies on my "new main" after the raid asked me to reroll to fill a niche.

The only thing that hurt, like a lot, was the lack of coins. If there was an alternative method to collect those coins, I wouldn't bother. The only reason I'm so against dailies (and it's been alleviated a little now) was because I switched mains (my main having just got revered with lotus by that point.)

With double rep, though, I'm thinking it might be possible to get (well) past honored with shado-pan from Townlong quests alone.

My biggest issue is that they took the stance of not wanting players to double dip from dungeons for rep, but then changed it so that you need to do dungeons for the currency for the faction gear. It's the exact same issue as it was before, but slightly changed. You run raids and 5 mans to gain rep (now valor) for faction rewards. Why can't I just buy the items with gold like in the past? Yes, I know you can gain a few points from the dailies, but that is the slowest method to gain points.

Also, I have yet to understand why so many people have a problem with gaining rep through alternative methods. Why can't we have a daily/weekly cap, like we did with guild rep, and you can choose from several ways to gain rep. Whatever works for you, do what you enjoy. Instead every single rep is gated behind dailies, no other option.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    Which fool would skip 3 extra rolls? maybe someone that doesn't like doing dailies and understands what "optional" means?

Charms are a bonus from doing dailies, if I don't do the dailies I don't get the bonus.....see how that works, like many other things in the game, if you don't do it, you don't get stuff...

Should I start to bitch and moan that I'm being forced to raid? I mean I can't get any tier gear unless I go into LFR and I don't like LFR or raiding (but of course want the best of the best gear wise so I can AFK in style) so by following the current trend of complaining about everything I should start QQ'ing that I'm being forced to raid right?

Hell while we're at it, let's go totally batshit stupid and apply it to PVP'ing!

To get certain mounts I have to PVP, there's probably other things as well, so to get those mounts / whatever else, I'm being forced to PVP!!

I don't like PVP, maybe I just like fishing, so now you have to make sure I can get PVP mounts and tier raiding gear from fishing and if you don't agree to this I'll throw around phrases like "slap in the face" and "not listening to paying customers" because I'm damn sure I can get at least a few lazy idiots to join me on this.
    Gimme my loots you school of minnows!
    and while we are at it...I want loots for sitting around in org when im bored....its what I like to do...
    Last edited by S2omegaS2; 2012-11-30 at 05:38 PM.

i hate grinding reps in dungeons, so yea i love this

Quote Originally Posted by S2omegaS2 View Post
    Gimme my loots you school of minnows!
    This made me lol

Somewhere and nowhere... all at once... though it's not important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catalept View Post
    ... I'd still lobby for BoA rep-tabards purchasable at exalted so we can fast-forward alts without being set back to (almost) square one on the dailies grind.
    Very elegant solution... maybe even *gasp* a tabard window that stores all of your tabards without having to mail them back and forth.

The Insane
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzzen View Post
    Um, no, totally disagree. This is a bandaid to try and cover up the gaping wound that is dailies. Best addition to rep grinding, tabards. They let me gain rep doing what I actually ENJOY doing in the game instead of having to do tedious, repetitive, boring dailies.
    Grinding the same instances vs grinding the same dailies.... Seems to be about exactly as tedious, repetitive and boring

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Grinding the same instances vs grinding the same dailies.... Seems to be about exactly as tedious, repetitive and boring

I completely understand these points of view, and I have read every one of them since my original post. To me dungeons are still enjoyable. I can run them with guildies or PUGs, doesn't matter. It's the part of the game that I enjoy. If someone enjoys the dailies, FANTASTIC! Please keep doing them. I just don't think it's a good design to make dailies the ONLY way to get rep. Don't want tabards? OK, make each dungeon give rep for different factions like TBC did.

It doesn't have to be tabards, but there should be alternative ways to gain rep.

As far as Blizzard's standard response, let's look at it.

Dungeons give you VP/JPs and a shot at ilvl 463 gear (essentially enchanting mats).
    Dailies give you VPs, coins (extra chances at raid level quality gear), access to raid level quality gear, profession patterns, and mounts.

Tell me again how dungeons are too rewarding?
    Last edited by Ryzzen; 2012-11-30 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Except in the case of instancing where the grind was just in the background and wasn't in your face. Rep was just the bonus you got. It was great. Double dipping is what made this game a success in many regards. It's been here really since vanilla to some extent or another. Running dungeons has always netted me rep. If the game was based on rep farming outside the instance it wouldn't have lasted. Imagine if you had to grind furlbog rep for every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    i hate grinding reps in dungeons, so yea i love this
    I hate eating shit so I settle with drinking piss.

Charms are probably THE overrated thing in MoP anyway. In 2 months of weekly spamming 3 charms I got ONE ... useful item. To me that hardly qualifies as mandatory, it's even tough to see a Bonus worth the effort in there if it gives me 28G almost all the time.

Except in the case of instancing where the grind was just in the background and wasn't in your face. Rep was just the bonus you got.
    Errm.. no. It was not. You had to farm SPECIFIC dungeons for the faction you wanted and usually that Instance had what 1 .. maybe 2 usable items for you? All that time where you gear screamed "Go there, lots of stuffz!" yet you had to go SLabs for the 4727638734. time to finally hit exalted and get your ugly looking caster-mace...

Did you peeps actually play back in TBC?

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

The panda way to earn rep is by far the better way to earn it. People complained about running the same dungeons over and over to gain rep and now they are complainng about having to do dailies.
    Last edited by Marema; 2012-11-30 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Honored. (which you could get while questing, generally)
    In TBC they were originally gated behind revered rep. They dropped that to honored about a year in.

What Blizzz should have done is this... keep the dailies. Drop the linearity - right now you can unlock all of the GL dailies but they still have to be done in a certain order. Let me do each of the groups in any order I want. Either don't make AC and Shado-Pan gated or make them sgated behind Honored with GL, not Revered.

AND... where it makes in-game sense, let dungeons give me rep. The tabard system was sily because you got rep with a faction for doing things that did not benefit that faction at all. But what we do in some dungeons IS related to a faction... SP Monastery should give SP rep for example and Gate of the Setting Sun should give GL or perhaps Klaxxi rep. This might not work for all dungeons, but it would let people mix and match rep gains.

Their mistake was to worry about dungeons double dipping - you get VP andf possibly drops and rep. What they should have worried about what "Is the player doing something to benefit a faction?" If not then no rep. If so, then rep with the faction that benefits. But don't allow rep for just any faction in any dungeon - that makes no sense in game.

AND... where it makes in-game sense, let dungeons give me rep. The tabard system was sily because you got rep with a faction for doing things that did not benefit that faction at all. But what we do in some dungeons IS related to a faction... SP Monastery should give SP rep for example and Gate of the Setting Sun should give GL or perhaps Klaxxi rep. This might not work for all dungeons, but it would let people mix and match rep gains.
    Agreed. That would make sense.
    Additionally they need to implement a weekly reputation cap. Then you can choose how to get to said cap. Dailies, dungeons or mix of both.

But I bet they thought about that too, and the reason why they didn't do it this way is that they want peeps out there in the world, not sitting in town popping queues.
    Which is something I can understand.

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

All dailies should give 250 rep before bonuses, like they always have. not this 143 rep and 110 rep shit in MOP.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    All dailies should give 250 rep before bonuses, like they always have. not this 143 rep and 110 rep shit in MOP.
    That's 130 and 100, respectively. You're getting a 10% bonus from your guild perk. With the Commendations you get 260 (286) and 200 (220) rep per daily instead, and that is active from revered through exalted on your main and permanently on your alts, so... Wish granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    The panda way to earn rep is by far the better way to earn it. People complained about running the same dungeons over and over to gain rep and now they are complainng about having to do dailies.
    **In your opinion**
    The point for most people is that several ways already exist in game for gaining reputation, yet the content is gated behind this one particular method. Allowing players to choose from several ways to gain rep would make those of you who love dailies just as happy as the people who don't --- everyone wins. Heck, folks might even choose to do dungeons a few days a week that their friends are around, and dailies for when they solo, or vice versa. Variety in gameplay is a wonderful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzzen View Post
    Um, no, totally disagree. This is a bandaid to try and cover up the gaping wound that is dailies. Best addition to rep grinding, tabards. They let me gain rep doing what I actually ENJOY doing in the game instead of having to do tedious, repetitive, boring dailies.
    Yeh, totaly... cause running the same instances over and over for hours after hours to get rep is sooo much more fun than doing actually variating groups of daily quests at 3-5 different places, right? /end sarcasm

Seriously, just because YOU don't like dailys and rather farm the same boring instances with random badies from LFD doesn't mean everyone prefers it. Current rep system is great imo, only took a few weeks to get ALL panda reps to exalted, and now i can do it in half the time on my pretty "freshly" dinged 90 alt. I approve!
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    Well the shadow-priest ain't a daffodil tooting snuggle bunny either. Besides this is the priest forum not gonna get much love for that line of reasoning here locky-loo - All your sha are belonging to us.
    Pokémon Y FC: 3866 - 8569 - 5310 (Fire safari: Larvesta - Ponyta - Braixen) PM with your code if you deside to add me