Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    But it's not just "Activate", it's "activate up to". The connotations are very different than just saying something like "preferred players will be given six character slots."

I'm guessing they're setting it up so that f2p players get two slots, "up to six (with purchase of slots beyond two)" will be named a 'Preferred' perk, and subs will get twelve.
    Except you are missing the statement that sets it up:
    We are already starting to make adjustments: we will go to six character slots for our preferred players instead of two and four quick bars for our prefered players instead of two

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid View Post
    I would prefer they actually use their limited development resources for actually making the game more re-playable and refining/fixing the current issues with the game, not using it to develop some random card game/chess simulators or pet battles
    You know it's possible to do both. This is essentially the same argument as PvE vs PvP. The PvE guy always wants developers to concentrate on PvE content at the expense of PvP content, and vice versa. There are many facets to an MMO. Not all the remaining programmers can just concentrate on your particular favorite one -- that's not how development works.

Basically what I'm saying is, don't be that guy.

"Space" is a minigame in SWTOR, by the way.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Saitan View Post
    "In an earlier draft of F2P, we had it so that F2Pers couldn’t use spacebar inside cutscenes and we almost had a riot inside this building."

The fact that someone even came up with that restriction in the first place worries me greatly.
    Yeah, when I read that I facepalmed so hard. I get what he was trying to say, but that was one of the worst ways to try and say it -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Except you are missing the statement that sets it up:
    I think that:

We haven’t announced that (character slots) but this is the first revel of allowing preferred players to get six character slots.
    says a lot more than your quote. Note the use of the phrase "allowing preferred players to get", specifically the "allow to get" part. Not just "allow preferred player six slots", but "allow preferred players to get".

Also, if they wanted to just give 'Preferred' players six character slots, they could do it next week. They're not. They're waiting until character slots become available for sale:

Once we come in and enforcing the character slots that you have, that will come in the same patch that allow players to buy more character slots and preferred players will be able to activate up to six character slots.
    Also keep in mind that the whole system BioWare has created is designed to cajole players into subscribing. Allowing 'Preferred' players to buy more slots, but less than they would have as a subscriber, gets them store purchases while meeting the design philosophy. Just giving character slots, and then allowing purchases up to twelve? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Also keep in mind that the whole system BioWare has created is designed to cajole players into subscribing. Allowing 'Preferred' players to buy more slots, but less than they would have as a subscriber, gets them store purchases while meeting the design philosophy. Just giving character slots, and then allowing purchases up to twelve? Not so much.
    This is exactly what I was thinking. I noticed that in the last quote because it says "preferred players will be able to activate up to six character slots". That was a dead giveaway for me because they said it's all coming in the same patch.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

Originally Posted by SWTOR

When is Cathar coming out? Are we planning on any races beyond that.

Damion: I want it out as soon as it is feasible because we want to see how everything does on the market. The answer to the second question is how well is the Cathar doing on the marketplace. Doing a race and all the customization options is very very expensive but if it is something popular, that is something we will do more.

Well that's just fucking brilliant. Lets put the chances of including more races later on solely on how well a shitty looking race most people don't give a flying fuck about sells in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Originally Posted by SWTOR

When is Cathar coming out? Are we planning on any races beyond that.

Damion: I want it out as soon as it is feasible because we want to see how everything does on the market. The answer to the second question is how well is the Cathar doing on the marketplace. Doing a race and all the customization options is very very expensive but if it is something popular, that is something we will do more.

Well that's just fucking brilliant. Lets put the chances of including more races later on solely on how well a shitty looking race most people don't give a flying fuck about sells in the market.
    It's funny because races in SWTOR aren't even hard to make... just slap on new paint, put some BS lore here and there that doesn't even have to be in-game.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I read your post and my bullshit detector went off straight away, so I'm going to leave you with your patronizing and naive comments on your own, until you actually read and comprehend my post to begin with.
    That's funny, because I read any of your posts and it screams attention whore with nothing relevant to say. His post was entirely accurate, but you wanted to feel special. Here's a tip: None of us are special here. Move along.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 12:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It's funny because races in SWTOR aren't even hard to make... just slap on new paint, put some BS lore here and there that doesn't even have to be in-game.
    So, so true unfortunately. It's sad.

"In an earlier draft of F2P, we had it so that F2Pers couldn’t use spacebar inside cutscenes and we almost had a riot inside this building."

The fact that someone even came up with that restriction in the first place worries me greatly.
    Do they even realize Youtube has a better F2P model than their current F2P for people who only cares about the story?

I read your post and my bullshit detector went off straight away, so I'm going to leave you with your patronizing and naive comments on your own, until you actually read and comprehend my post to begin with.
    Considering all you did was just spew words without actually giving any kind of suggestion as to how to achieve these goals that you've pinpointed as being important (even if nobody else has) tells me that your bullshit detector isn't functioning properly. Next time you're going to put together an extremely long diatribe, be less vague and give more reasoning. Basically, the TL;DR version of your paragraph was "I want more open world PvP." And nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freeforumuser View Post
    Do they even realize Youtube has a better F2P model than their current F2P for people who only cares about the story?
    i'm not quite getting your point here... seems to me that you're bouncing off walls with it.

also not seeing what that has to do with your quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by freeforumuser View Post
    Yeah. Every loading screen should have an advertisement for Capella university or Mist of Panderia. That's the solution. Use the "f2p" model that youtube uses.
    Right.
    Because we want to have to watch at least 30 seconds of Ax shaving gel commercials before cut-scenes.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted

It worries me greatly too after reading that line. For me, not saying it is a direct evident or direct proof, but for me this is enough to make me believe they did try to make a model with as many as possible restrictions in-game. My initial thought after reading the restrictions when the F2P went alive still holds to this day, milking players or making the game very restrictive in order to make ppl subscribe.

I honestly don't know what the ppl in that "building" are thinking. They have done a research and it shows that the sub fee was a barrier for a lot of players, they said that in an interview. And now they have put in a system that basically asks you to subscribe for practically everything when you open up your user interface. You see a yellow icon everywhere... I can't even choose the locbox from a mission completion...

As to the character slots thing, my view was, and still is, that character slots always should have been something to purchase for free and preferred customers. If they'd really wanted a difference between free and preferred, my solution would have been as simple as free = 2 slots, preferred = 3 slots, both able to purchase more. That's me though. The ability to purchase extra characters slots, locking it off from the free to play players.. I'm sorry, it seems insane. Go look around at the free to play games out there, and even amongst the most restrictive models you'll still have character slot purchases out the gate. From what I can tell, extra character slots are a popular item across many free to play MMOs. Again, I have to repeat this with that in mind, looking off extra character slot purchases from the free to play player, behind the preferred customer walls, seems insane - money lost, not gained.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    As to the character slots thing, my view was, and still is, that character slots always should have been something to purchase for free and preferred customers. If they'd really wanted a difference between free and preferred, my solution would have been as simple as free = 2 slots, preferred = 3 slots, both able to purchase more. That's me though. The ability to purchase extra characters slots, locking it off from the free to play players.. I'm sorry, it seems insane. Go look around at the free to play games out there, and even amongst the most restrictive models you'll still have character slot purchases out the gate. From what I can tell, extra character slots are a popular item across many free to play MMOs. Again, I have to repeat this with that in mind, looking off extra character slot purchases from the free to play player, behind the preferred customer walls, seems insane - money lost, not gained.
    well remember, in order to buy anything you have to be preferred since buying coins makes you prefered.

so really f2p people can't buy anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein