10+ Year Old Account

Frost DK thoughts/comments

Hey all

First post here after months of reading and learning. I started WoW back in July. I now have a 90 pally, 90 hunter, and my 89 DK.

Hate the pally (friends told me to level one then I realized they just needed a healer lol).

Hunter is fun, but I feel useless on the dps charts.

Now onto my DK. I am absolutely loving him. I feel relentless with him. BUT, that's in 5 mans and questing right now. How do you feel they perform in a raid enviroment? Yes I know what theory crafting is saying and yes i've seen them in LFR, but I wanted opinions from those who at least take time out of their day to post on forums. I figure just maybe you'll be able to help be get a better outlook here.

Right now I am 2H b/c everytime I switch to DW, my numbers drop terribly (but this is probably all on me).

Also, any input you may have on professions would be superb. My pally is 600 alch and it just doesnt "feel" right. Currently my DK is at 150 mining and 160 BS (i've slacked to level instead).

I know that was a lot of typing, but any help/advice/guidance would truly be appreciated!

I cannot post my armory yet, but I'm Bucknerd on Kul Tiras (US Horde) (please forgive the half frost / half blood gear. I leveled as blood until I hit 88....
    Last edited by Bucknerd; 2012-11-29 at 10:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucknerd View Post
    Hey all

First post here after months of reading and learning. I started WoW back in July. I now have a 90 pally, 90 hunter, and my 89 DK.

Hate the pally (friends told me to level one then I realized they just needed a healer lol).

Hunter is fun, but I feel useless on the dps charts.

Now onto my DK. I am absolutely loving him. I feel relentless with him. BUT, that's in 5 mans and questing right now. How do you feel they perform in a raid enviroment? Yes I know what theory crafting is saying and yes i've seen them in LFR, but I wanted opinions from those who at least take time out of their day to post on forums. I figure just maybe you'll be able to help be get a better outlook here.

Right now I am 2H b/c everytime I switch to DW, my numbers drop terribly (but this is probably all on me).

Also, any input you may have on professions would be superb. My pally is 600 alch and it just doesnt "feel" right. Currently my DK is at 150 mining and 160 BS (i've slacked to level instead).

I know that was a lot of typing, but any help/advice/guidance would truly be appreciated!

I cannot post my armory yet, but I'm Bucknerd on Kul Tiras (US Horde) (please forgive the half frost / half blood gear. I leveled as blood until I hit 88....
    My DK is only lvl 88, lvling him to play as my alt tho.

Some starter advice would be to read the guide for Frost (As I assume thats what you play).

When you go DW, the prio changes, from normal 2 hand frost. I suggest you go look up both. Reforges etc are also different.

I do not know this, but I believe I heard that 2 hander is slightly better on single target, while DW excels on AoE.

Proffesions does not really matter, in terms of output. If you find BS/Mining very DK like, go with that

You seem like you have to do some research, before being able to play your DK properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to quote the above poster b/c that just takes up space lol.

But yes, I read icy veins/noxxic/and elitist jerks. I also watched Mikepreachwow on youtube guide for frost.

Here is your dk: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...knerd/advanced

When all of your gear is pretty meh (read:quest greens) 2H should pull ahead because it's carried by the damage on your weapon, and is not as reliable on stats as DW is.

If you're looking to top recount in raids, hunter (I believe) would be a better choice for you, but any class can do it if you play it right, and if you enjoy your DK more well then do that. It's my preference too.

For professions, BS is a very strong contender, and doing that while leveling mining will make it very cheap to level, as all it relies on is stuff you get from mining, if you don't mind the farming. Mining will do nothing for you in terms of DPS but if you want to farm your way up in BS, then farm again, Engineering will be a very good choice for you. It is by and large the best profession for a DPS DK.

All in all, if you enjoy it and maximize it, you will end up happy with your performance. Also, no class beats blood death knight on doing old content, so that's always fun to be able to do. Death Knights are very enjoyable, the best suggestion is to just finish off leveling to 90, play, and find things you don't fully understand then come back for answers on that!

Good luck!
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.