Deleted

[Solo] Mages and Viscidus

Is anyone out there who has already figured out how to kill Viscidus as a mage solo yet?
    According to this post there is a possibility to solo him with every class... you just need to find a way...

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh, it looks like it's another case of an mvp tryhard not knowing wtf they're talking about but trying so hard to look like they do. Melee classes can solo him because of how quickly they can deal strikes. As a caster? Yeah, no. Not unless they've changed how he works.
    Look! Words!

Yeah... tried many different things with my mage in an effort to get him to shatter, and got nowhere. Grabbed my DK, and got him to shatter with just swapping to some old 1handers. Thought I was gonna have to do something special like army, but he just shattered without any extra effort whatsoever.

Deleted
    He's been nerfed, but still isn't soloable on a caster. There's no time limit for the "freeze" but there is one for the shatter, making it impossible for casters to solo. Maybe some asian kid could find a way to do it, but I for one can't think of anything.

stack and reforge haste, swap to a dagger or something that strikes fast. Might work

/shrug
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

If you can use things like barov peasant caller maybe. Maybe. Idk though, I went feral to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post
    He's been nerfed, but still isn't soloable on a caster. There's no time limit for the "freeze" but there is one for the shatter, making it impossible for casters to solo. Maybe some asian kid could find a way to do it, but I for one can't think of anything.
    A balance druid should be able to do it, but that's a rather special case.

Swap to a fast dagger, use a couple of trinkets that summon guardians, Heroism and Haste potion, GG

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently Viscidus requires 20 frost attacks to freeze and 30 melee strikes to shatter, just to clarify. I tried doing it yesterday, but I didn't have the guardian trinkets ready or anything similar.

I might considering trying it at some point in time, but I simply suggest having a friend and farming together until you both get the pet (as someone suggested on Wowhead). However, at level 90 finally I can solo the Twin Emperors, but C'Thun is still a mistery to me. Maybe using Alter Time to get back up?

I can confirm that it is possible, however due to an issue with fraps, I missed half of the video.
    Basically, get yourself a super fast weapon such as Volcanospike if you've still got it from FL, or Blade of the Poisoned Mind from the Klaxxi Vendor, as well as a summonable pet. I used the Quilen Statuette from Archaeology. Just before he freezes at low health use your summon and hero and IL him till he freezes. Then just melee until he dies.

It's probably safer to get him down to low health first so you don't have to deal with the adds at all

I have solo'd him using the Miniature Voodoo Mask from (current) Zul'aman

I killed him trivially with Vanquished Tentacle of C'thun and Baradin Footman's Tags. Those plus a 1.6 dagger shattered him easily.

Deleted
    Viscidus
    Viscidus now remains frozen for 30 seconds (was 15), and it takes 30 hits to shatter Viscidus (was 50).

Should be easy doable now, with fast weapon, maybe a trinket for sumon and hero+speed potion

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it an hour ago:

Got him to 1 health then switched to a 1.6 speed dagger, used 19x Ice Lance, popped Time Warp, Tol Barad Footman Tags and netherwing commander badge (Quilen shares a cd with Footman Tags, the badge does not), then popped last Ice Lance and spammed melee.

Was doable even pre-nerf. Used a 1.8 sword, rheas last egg trinket, and voodoo gnomes trinket. Ice lce lanced him til frozen, pop trinkets and time warp, mellee him, he died.

If you just use the Crate of Kidnapped Puppies (item=86570), he goes down nearly instantly. 5 pugs nipping at him and he just shatters.

I always just used Antique Cornerstone Grimoire (the summon skeleton offhand from Onyxia) to help than could get him with Hero + melee with a dagger. Basically any kind of summon pet item and a dagger should get him.

As the thread is not necessary anymore, locking it.