Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    17 LFR bosses this week

    17 bags of gold

    Is this normal? This is my first week of doing LFR.

  2. #2
    Field Marshal Rezinol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    91
    It's just RNG.

  3. #3
    Before doing LFR this week I told myself I'd be happy with just getting the 2h axe from Sha in Terrence. Sure enough I got the 2h axe and every other raid boss (including Sha of Anger) gave me gold. RNG is pretty funny.

  4. #4
    and that's exactly why I'm letting my sub expire when my prepaid card expires

    PVE SUCKS since this new loot system, its been months and my main still has like 5 blues

    This is how I feel about raiding
    Redundant rotation-ing
    Multi Hour Wipefest* (Normal or higher mode)
    Suceed with a few wipes* (LFR)
    *And get no loot, or do get loot but NEVER the good stuff like Tier, Weapons, or Trinkets.....

    So all I have to do in WoW right now is
    ^The aforementioned BS
    +Cap conquest on Tuesdays in like 5 minutes flat

    Worth playing? I think not. So yeah, Blizz.... consider my account expired soon >:O

  5. #5
    Mechagnome Akarui's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The middle of nowhere
    Posts
    709
    The goddess of luck must be angry with you... Then again she hates everyone and gives out loot so we can't call her out on foul play ¬.¬

    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    PVE SUCKS since this new loot system, its been months and my main still has like 5 blues

    This is how I feel about raiding
    Redundant rotation-ing
    Multi Hour Wipefest* (Normal or higher mode)
    Suceed with a few wipes* (LFR)
    *And get no loot, or do get loot but NEVER the good stuff like Tier, Weapons, or Trinkets.....
    Find that your quitting so soon after mop (according to your name) to be hilarious :P

    But honestly I'm enjoying still having blues and a few epics, its a throwback to classic, except blue gear is just fine to do MSV with, then a few epics+blues is enough for HoF.
    The feeling i got when we cheered on vent when we downed a boss that was the first roadblock we faced, as a note you know VP was originally the consolation to raiders who never got loot due to things like dkp, which in casual raiding guild doesn't (tend to) exist.

    Your post really screams out what the elitist pr*cks called 'wrathbaby', you seem to think you should be able to do every boss with zero wipes and always get the loot you want? That isn't what raiding is about though, its about trial and error, getting closer to your team and communicating to overcome a difficult challenge, get rid of that and you have ICC pugs...
    Last edited by Akarui; 2012-11-30 at 05:43 AM.
    “4chan once took on the FBI and won,” a Brony told the New York Observer, “so you might say that My Little Pony is more powerful than the FBI.” Sethisto

  6. #6
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,468
    welcome to RNG

    2 months into the expansion and i still have shit weapons
    they say that doors open up soon as you find the missing key
    that’s probably why I’m in this bitch shining
    jump up in the sky and put the stars into alignment
    I rep the ATF in case you need to be reminded
    and the bandwagon's full but you can try an' run behind it

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    and that's exactly why I'm letting my sub expire when my prepaid card expires

    PVE SUCKS since this new loot system, its been months and my main still has like 5 blues

    This is how I feel about raiding
    Redundant rotation-ing
    Multi Hour Wipefest* (Normal or higher mode)
    Suceed with a few wipes* (LFR)
    *And get no loot, or do get loot but NEVER the good stuff like Tier, Weapons, or Trinkets.....

    So all I have to do in WoW right now is
    ^The aforementioned BS
    +Cap conquest on Tuesdays in like 5 minutes flat

    Worth playing? I think not. So yeah, Blizz.... consider my account expired soon >:O
    Oh, please do tell how RNG hasn't been part of WoW since the beginning.

  8. #8
    I'd rather get nothing than see another bag of gold. But on the reverse if I do get loot it's just a double or triple of something I already have anyway so i'm still assout.

    Tsulong gave me the same pair of boots 3 times last week...
    Engineer = Mage

    Biggest possible firepower, yet they keep whining. "SPY SAPPIN' MAH SENTRY!"

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Oh, please do tell how RNG hasn't been part of WoW since the beginning.
    Well you see this is different

    In the past, say you were in a raid, say you're a hunter and a gun drops.

    Suppose this is 25 man and there's, oh I don't know... only 3 hunters? and 1 of them already has it. Then you got a 50/50 chance to win the roll. Even if you lose you could haggle with that other hunter to get him to give it up in exchange for other loot or gold. You could have even bribed the hunter who already has it into rolling on your behalf and then giving it to you if he wins it.

    But with this new system instead no, if you're in the same situation it will automatically give the damn thing to the one who already has it. They can't trade it or give it to you, and will have no choice but to vendor the thing or let it rot in the bank, essentially wasting it.

    Example 2 : There's a trinket you want in LFR.

    Now : It drops, is automatically given to a guy who already has it
    Then : It drops, some guy who already has it ninjas it, but later trades it to you for some pair of pants you already had a pair of.
    Then V2 : You bribed people or brought friends, essentially got like 5x the roll chance, and won it somehow.

    This is a LFR & Sha issue, but I can't manage to succeed in Normal mode raids, I've tried with multiple guilds, seems like they can't get ahead on gear due to LFR RNG either. Normal modes all end up multi hour wipefests..... not even PUGs, this is with guilds -_- if you kill 1 boss you got lucky...

    I think ultimately they need to turn on the ability to trade LFR loot, so if it goes and gives someone a repeat item most players have it in their heart to hand it out for free to someone who legit needs it. This whole whoever gets whatever and its stuck that way "deal with it" system is shit.
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-11-30 at 05:48 AM.

  10. #10
    Brewmaster Buxton McGraff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Covina, California
    Posts
    1,463
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    and that's exactly why I'm letting my sub expire when my prepaid card expires

    PVE SUCKS since this new loot system, its been months and my main still has like 5 blues

    This is how I feel about raiding
    Redundant rotation-ing
    Multi Hour Wipefest* (Normal or higher mode)
    Suceed with a few wipes* (LFR)
    *And get no loot, or do get loot but NEVER the good stuff like Tier, Weapons, or Trinkets.....

    So all I have to do in WoW right now is
    ^The aforementioned BS
    +Cap conquest on Tuesdays in like 5 minutes flat

    Worth playing? I think not. So yeah, Blizz.... consider my account expired soon >:O
    It's always been RNG. Nothing has changed. Cya later, nobody cares.

  11. #11
    In the beginning, it seemed like any item I needed, I got, but now I haven't gotten a thing or on any of my alts in over a month. It's ridiculous. RNG is RNG, for sure.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezinol View Post
    It's just RNG.
    It's really not, though. Like everything else there is a specific drop chance for LFR loot and it is just way, way too low. People toss that phrase out without really understanding how the loot system works or what "random" means.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    It's really not, though. Like everything else there is a specific drop chance for LFR loot and it is just way, way too low. People toss that phrase out without really understanding how the loot system works or what "random" means.
    last week i was 0/20 (3 coins)

    this week i got 5 pieces, its RNG stfu srsly

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    last week i was 0/20 (3 coins)

    this week i got 5 pieces, its RNG stfu srsly
    Someone needs nappy time.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    and that's exactly why I'm letting my sub expire when my prepaid card expires

    PVE SUCKS since this new loot system, its been months and my main still has like 5 blues
    Good to see your fun is directly tied to how many purple pixles blizzard feeds you, the game will be better without you

  16. #16
    Mechagnome Akarui's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The middle of nowhere
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    Example 2 : There's a trinket you want in LFR.

    Now : It drops, is automatically given to a guy who already has it
    Then : It drops, some guy who already has it ninjas it, but later trades it to you for some pair of pants you already had a pair of.
    Then V2 : You bribed people or brought friends, essentially got like 5x the roll chance, and won it somehow.

    This is a LFR & Sha issue, but I can't manage to succeed in Normal mode raids, I've tried with multiple guilds, seems like they can't get ahead on gear due to LFR RNG either. Normal modes all end up multi hour wipefests..... not even PUGs, this is with guilds -_- if you kill 1 boss you got lucky...

    I think ultimately they need to turn on the ability to trade LFR loot, so if it goes and gives someone a repeat item most players have it in their heart to hand it out for free to someone who legit needs it. This whole whoever gets whatever and its stuck that way "deal with it" system is shit.
    Now: Everyone rolls for an item on the bosses loot table individually, if they win the game will pick an item from the loot table or will give them gold; someone may get an item they already have, but it never decides based on that, just simple rng.
    Then: Some guy ninja'd it, you don't have anything to trade, he f*cks off you don't get squat because in the DS rf people ninja'd items just because they could and didn't care about helping others because cross-realm lol.
    Then V2: this one i can agree with, but its a way of beating the rng by using more people thus increasing your chances.

    As for Sha of Fear... really? the last boss of this tier and you said 'guilds' so i asuming you are a pug member or your guild hopping. Of course you won't down Sha of Fear, it's meant to be difficult, it's meant so you have to perfect the fight and wipe endlessly to get that kill (in short want something work for it).

    Last point i agree with since it has no ninja element really just "who wants this" "me, me, pls, halp, need lewtz", also your V2 would work here too since you would have X times the amount of rolls if you bring the same class/role.
    “4chan once took on the FBI and won,” a Brony told the New York Observer, “so you might say that My Little Pony is more powerful than the FBI.” Sethisto

  17. #17
    I bought a lottery ticket this week and didn't win the jackpot. Clearly the lottery system is unfair and broken.

  18. #18
    yep i dont even do LFR anymore since the drop rate is so low
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    PVE SUCKS since this new loot system, its been months and my main still has like 5 blues

    *And get no loot, or do get loot but NEVER the good stuff like Tier, Weapons, or Trinkets.....
    So you are one of those people who would prefer the DS LFR loot system where you can bring in a group of buddies to need roll stuff just to give to you or have others feel pity for you and give it to you? You are exactly one of the many reasons this new system is in place and a lot better than the DS version.

    You go into a raid for the experience, fun and atmosphere. You should go in with the mindset that loot doesn't exist (in any difficulty) and if you do get something it's just icing on the cake.

  20. #20
    Blademaster Autier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    welcome to RNG

    2 months into the expansion and i still have shit weapons
    Killing HC bosses with blue weapon still.

    Feelsbadman.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •