Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    got to rank8 w/o any problems as fire mage. Derped on engineers (the only really fight where u have to execute shit) for abit (3pulls). I guess gear helps but, honestly, I derped quite sometime aswell so I guess even with lower level gear one can succeed. Lets see what rank8 bosses are made of
    Last edited by Makarena; 2012-12-02 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    got to rank8 w/o any problems as fire mage. Derped on engineers (the only really fight where u have to execute shit) for abit (3pulls). I guess gear helps but, honestly, I derped quite sometime aswell so I guess even with lower level gear one can succeed. Lets see what rank8 bosses are made of
    Share your strats?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

well, I dunno rly what to say about sub rank8 bosses. Just tell me the one you are curious about and I'll try to help

Dark Summoner - staying alive through the bosses melee and killing adds quick enough at the same time?
    the one after summoner whos name i forget - how to get alive through those explosions, his beam attack, and do enough dps to burn over 9 million hp before enrage?

And which specs are better used on which r7 bosses?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

summoner - kite him, interrupt his casts, kill ghosts to drop his shield. If ghost hits you - you are dead.
    robot - this one is indeed quite solid dps check. I used AT to break the shield (2-3 orbs) and then restore all HP back. Then you just run around scorching. Evocate when dropping low.

I used Invocation and fire spec for every fight so far (including millhouse and the c'thun alike boss from r8).
    Last edited by Makarena; 2012-12-02 at 05:03 PM.

Battletron had its HP buffed from around 5M to over 9M making the DPS requirement over 85k sustained through the whole fight while moving to survive...

Brick Wall

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychomantis View Post
    Battletron had its HP buffed from around 5M to over 9M making the DPS requirement over 85k sustained through the whole fight while moving to survive...

Brick Wall

i thought somethins was very different about him :/

no wonder i'm barely getting him half way

anywho, any working strat for battletron as it is now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Just had my third attempt at GG Engineering as fire mage. Wiped at 90k cus I cancelled my ice block in a bomb, GG me.

Spec for NT - does more damage on this fight, try to multi dot but don't go out of your way to do it.
    Spec for Cold Snap, pop your first Ice Block on top of Bo after the first shield, so all the rockets hit her, takes off a good chunk of the HP.
    After this stick to Bo at all times, even when she is in the shield, Dragon Breath her, Deep Freeze her, do anything yo can to lessen the amount of lightning spams she gets out.
    Pop Cold Snap when you get to 50% hp, and use your second Ice Block as soon as Hypothermia fades, very important you do it on top of Bo and not while she is under the shield. If she is not dead after this you are basically boned, but it is doable with 70k+ dps.

Speccing for Ring of Frost and getting them both stuck in at the start helps immensely for that AT/Pyro - combust opener, getting it spread on both before they port away is probably the win or lose moment. Make sure you are spec'd IW and use that + IB on cooldown, even with lots of control Bo's lightning does a fuckload of damage.

If you stand in any of Max's rockets, you lose.

Very hard boss for a class with extremely little self healing, but doable.
    Thanks for the post above.

Just completed GG Engineering with a similar strat as Fire. I evocated before being pulled into the arena, RoF at the start w/ hero + all the goodies for a large combust + spread (target Bo for the extra interrupt from combust & to get the rockets flying). I Ice Blocked on both for the first rocket phase. Once Bo is under his first bubble I used Mirror Images under said bubble (so they'd soak a bit longer). I then kited rockets on Max until Bo was out. As soon as Bo was out I Cold Snapped and Ice Blocked right on top of him again once the rockets started raining down. This made it for a very short encounter.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Giez; 2012-12-02 at 06:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just beat Milhouse Manastorm as arcane, shoop da woop!
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Killed 3/4 rare bosses. The disruptor is stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    Just got GG Engineering and Dark Tormentor. Struggling on the next one though, not quite sure how to deal with it yet. With IW I don't have enough hp to survive until he is dead, and with Evocation I don't have enough damage (as I have to evo constantly to not just die from his autoattack).

Ideas? I am only popping one explosion to minimise damage, then running circles around him.

Edit: Did Combustion get hotfix nerfed or something? Even after critting back to back two pyroblasts for over 320k each my combustion still only ticks for 11.5k. It should clearly be a lot more than that. It's really messing me up on Battletron as I am consistently getting him to 6-10% before dying.

Double edit: Yes, Combustion was nerfed by 50% and CM tuned down to 1.25.

Killed Battletron though, in spite of the nerfs. ^_^

Triple edit: Wiping to enrage at 20% on Epicus Maximus and the C'thun eye now. Can't pump out enough damage at the moment with the nerfs + scorch spam.
    Can't do enough damage as a Fire mage? Well, guess I know I don't need to be excited about getting in as a hunter then >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    How did you get enough dps to beat the enrage on the eye and Maximus, Makarena? I simply cannot seem to get below 15% on either of them. Ilvl 495 with 4-set.
    Armory
    Twitter

Fuck knows man, 80k ignite at the beginning for Maximus and Eye was actually one of the easiest for me since those eyes die in a couple of seconds. Its all about prepot and lucky combustions rly . I also used invocation on eye to actually get past the adds ASAP and still get combust on the body before invoc expired. Used IW on the raptor though.
    For disruptor, I dunno, might just go exploit it with levitate bug rly, although so far I'm the only one on the server with 3/4 so might just hope for some luck wiht gear drops next week
    Last edited by Makarena; 2012-12-03 at 07:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did you deal with the adds in p1 on Zor'lok then, just living bomb spread?
    Armory
    Twitter

I killed all boss in one day less the disruptron, but I did it at saturday, before mages nerf. thanks god:

I can't post the link of my video here because I'm new...
    www . youtube . com/watch?v=wqYOTL69LZo&feature=plcp (remove the spaces before and after dots)

hmm, never actually thought of huggin the wall at the back ... seems like a very very convenient strategy to dodge most of these stupid white discs, still doesn't really change the fact that with the nerfs I dont see myself getting over the enrage

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    How did you deal with the adds in p1 on Zor'lok then, just living bomb spread?
    Lb spread, cone of cold glyph, arcane explosion spam
    Last edited by Makarena; 2012-12-03 at 08:27 AM.

Deleted
    battant:
    Thing is that you didn't have to fend off the 3rd horizontal beam perpendicular to the 2 parallel ones. It just sits there sparkling nicely. I barely hit 70k in 494 gear since the nerf.

However, my approach is a bit different. I try to use Temporal Shield + IW every 25s to get the damage buff instead of trying to burst down in the first 40s of the fight in hopes of using TW for the "enrage" phase.

Anyway, good watch and job well done!

Completed 4/4, cba really with this disruptor, just levitate'd it like a pro. Enrage is still tight as fuck tbh, I actually barely made it, but I guess thats due to horrendous rng sub 35% (thats when u gotta burn him asap)

i got to rank 7 without deaths.. most bosses died be4 they could even use abilities..

took 3 tries each on gg engineering and dark summoner..

and now im stuck on battletron.. tried like 10times. had a fiew low% wipes but.. this fight is fkn insane.. so much hp, and you have to run around the fucking boss all the time to dps.. and you need to outheal his fkn laser.. we have to little selfheals seriously.. i couldnt beat the boss even with symbios.. best was 10ish percent..
    "we dont like to buff bosses after they are released" yeah fuck you blizzard you doubbled the hp on battletron mid week.. and now our class is pretty much barred from rank 8.

ok end of rant, have any1 here actually killed battletron after his hp buff? how did you do it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    i got to rank 7 without deaths.. most bosses died be4 they could even use abilities..

took 3 tries each on gg engineering and dark summoner..

and now im stuck on battletron.. tried like 10times. had a fiew low% wipes but.. this fight is fkn insane.. so much hp, and you have to run around the fucking boss all the time to dps.. and you need to outheal his fkn laser.. we have to little selfheals seriously.. i couldnt beat the boss even with symbios.. best was 10ish percent..
    "we dont like to buff bosses after they are released" yeah fuck you blizzard you doubbled the hp on battletron mid week.. and now our class is pretty much barred from rank 8.

ok end of rant, have any1 here actually killed battletron after his hp buff? how did you do it?

wiped on him some more, with full raid buffs, healthstone, earth shield !, and healing touch, i can stay alive, my best attempt was at 73k with all the running, enrage hit at boss hp=2.2m

so the only mages allowed to kill this dude , are the ones in full hc gear, else i can't , for the life of me , understand where to get the last bit of dmg,since my best try was insane in terms of pyro procs

for now i give up, nearly , very nearly, got me to the point where i was gonna teach my laptop the secret of ...flight ! , very unfair fight with the "surprise!!, it's x-mas" buff -.-